Archduchy of Trolls Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Rekarafi

Post by Rekarafi »

*Eine etwas elegantere Notiz ist unter der Notiz an 'das Volk' befestigt.*

Sagt mir, wenn die einfachen Leute - und ich zähle mich selbst ebenfalls zu diesen - ihre Stimme nicht erheben, warum glaubt ihr, dass sie dazu nicht in der Lage oder berechtigt wären? Es wäre doch sehr unkoordiniert, jeden einzelnen Bürger nach seiner Meinung zu fragen, wenn wir gerade dafür diese Anschlagbretter haben. Jeder würdige Bürger sollte den Weg zu diesen kennen. Ihr sprecht die Leute aus diversen Handwerken an, bedenkt jedoch nicht, dass diejenigen, die in diesen Handwerken Respekt verdient haben, bereits in der Vergangenheit ihre Stimmen erhoben, und es noch immer tun und tun werden. Weiterhin behauptet ihr, dass man für eine gewichtungsvolle Stimme Geld besitzen muss. Das ist eine leere Behauptung ohne Wahrheitsgehalt. Niemand braucht zum Sprechen Geld, und niemand benötigt Münzen, um seiner Stimme Gehör zu verschaffen.

Wenn ihr meint, die Leute hätten kein Recht zu sprechen, dann ist das so, weil sie dieses Recht nicht nutzen. Ihr greift ein Trugbild auf. Könnt ihr der Stadtverwaltung guten Gewissens die Schuld dafür geben? Oder denjenigen, die viele Stunden in ihren Ämtern verbrachten? Oder seid ihr sauer, weil sie euch nicht wegen jeder Belanglosigkeit eine Taube samt Eskorte schicken, um nach eurer werten Meinung zu fragen, und euch somit Außen vor lassen?

Schaltet euren Grips ein, bevor ihr solchen Mist erzählt.

~Sere~

-~-Azrael-~-
Joxia Doral

Re: Archduchy of Trolls Bane

Post by Joxia Doral »

THE CUTTING OF TREES WITHIN THE WALLS OF BANE IS FORBIDDEN
The trees in town provide some fruit to the hungry as well as safer environment for gathering the fruit. Also if am tree happens to fall on someone nearby it could very easily kill or maim them. Anyone caught cutting trees will be expected to plant double what they took on first offense. Second offense will plant double and pay a silver per tree. Third offense will include being banned from town.

Archduchess of Trolls Bane
~*~Lady Joxia Doral~*~

DAS FÄLLEN VON BÄUMEN INNERHALB BANES MAUERN IST UNTERSAGT
Die Bäume der Stadt sind Nahrungsgrundlage für die Hungernden, auch könnten umstehende durch fallende Bäume verletzt werden, wenn nicht sogar getötet. Jeder, der beim Fällen erwischt wird, hat die doppelte Menge an gefällten Bäumen neu zu pflanzen. Bei weiterem Vergehen wird eine Silbermünze pro Baum fällig. Ein drittes Vergehen wird mit der Verbannung geahndet

Erzherzogin von Trolls Bane
~*~Lady Joxia Doral~*~
Last edited by Joxia Doral on Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Nalcaryos has not paid his fine yet and the ban will be reinstated if the fine is not paid within the Dwarven day.

~*~Lady Joxia Doral~*~
Nikolaus

Post by Nikolaus »

I allready paid my fine Joxia.

~Nalcaryos von Weißhafen~
Rekarafi

Post by Rekarafi »

Joxia, ich habe meine Strafe bereits bezahlt.

-~-Azrael-~-
Sammy Goldlieb

Post by Sammy Goldlieb »

Nikolaus wrote:I allready paid my fine Joxia.

He is right, I can witness that. He has paid his fine by Verdazar
~Celdea

-----

Da hat er recht, das kann ich bezeugen. Er hat seine Strafe bei Verdazar gezahlt.
~Celdea
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Then let me extend an appology and please disregard my earlier notice. Thank you Nalcaryos and Celdea for your promt answers to settle this matter.

~*~Lady Joxia Doral~*~
Rekarafi

Post by Rekarafi »

Dann entschuldige ich mich nachtragend, meine Nachicht vorhin kann somit ignoriert werden. Danke an Nalcaryos und Celdea für die schnellen Antworten, dank derer diese Angelegenheit geklärt werden konnte.

Erzherzogin von Trolls Bane
~*~Lady Joxia Doral~*~

-~-Azrael-~-
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

After seeing the sad decay of what was once a peaceful settlement of Gobaith, in order to try and save and restore it to its previous beauty and productivity Trolls Bane has incorporated The Farmers Union as Trolls Bane territory and it is subject to all the laws therein. Baroness Rain Coulas will take charge of the property in coordance with the laws that apply to all nobles of Trolls Bane.

~*~Lady Joxia Doral~*~
Darkshade

Post by Darkshade »

Greetings folk of Trolls Bane! I am Davyn Nitori of Adrons Cellar, we are travelling entertainers, and shall be hosting a show in exactly 3 dwarven days in the town of Trolls Bane. For those who wish to come, we will be meeting outside the tavern. An exact time can be found at Eliza's shop. Please do show up and have a merry time!
~Davyn Nitori of Adrons Cellar

~P.s. Still attempting to contact the Archduchess to confirm that we may use Trolls Bane as our venue.
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

The Free Druids have petitioned for ownership of the hospital. A decision will be made in one dwarven week.

Archduchess Of Trolls Bane
~*~Lady Joxia Doral~*~
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

The sentencing of Colin Smalls starts in just over an hour
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

CONTRACTS PART II

This Contract Shows an alliance between the two lands of Trollsbane and Zzyathis promising:

~Friendship
~The right to be on and in eachothers city limits
~military alliance in times of war
~Gaurentee that each others citizens will be protected and have safe passage in each others lands
~Right to use each lands tools and resources and buildings
~allownace to sell wares in the lands of the two cities
~a Gaurentee that while you are in either city as a citizen of the other,that you will not be discriminated against and you will not be converted in citizenship or religion.
~a promise that all citizens will obey the rules and laws of Said cities that they are in at the time. if this is broken the leaders of the two cities will decide the punishment set for the individual or group.

~on behalf of all of Zzyathis.Ssaron Klawtail-High priest.*His personal Symbol is next to it* Image

~*~Lady Joxia Doral~*~
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Contract between Trolls Bane and Nordmark

The Jarl of Nordmark has agreed to join under the rule of Trolls Bane. He will have a seat on the council and is the Baron of Nordmark. He swears loyalty to Trolls Bane, its people and its government. He agrees to the terms as they are written under Bane law for all nobles.
No one may enter the walls of Nordmark without permission from Vigalf. The guest house will be furnished and the tavern is open to all.

~*~Lady Joxia Doral~*~

Baron of Nordmark
-= Vigalf, Jarl of Nordmark =-
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Contract between Trolls Bane and Athian

The gold smithy has been rented to Athian for 30 silver per dwarven month with Ms.Jaelle acting as the primary caretaker and resident of the property. It has agreed to leave the door to the mine open, allowing access to miners to get to the Trolls Bane depot there. Rent is paid in full for the next 10 dwarven months. There is no refund should this contract become nullified for any reason.

~*~Lady Joxia Doral~*~

Athian Corulas
Last edited by Joxia Doral on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Due to information just discovered the following contract between Trolls Bane and Elijah Varrin is now null and void.

The following contract gives ownership of the work shop east of Bane to Elijah Varrin, should he agree and follow the terms of the contract below. The Work shop shall remain under the ownership of Trolls Bane despite it's new owner. He is allowed to do with the land as he wishes as long as he respects and follows the laws of the Town and the responsibilities that come with holding land.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin

~*~Lady Joxia Doral~*~

Today, I was able to finalize a deal that has been in the works since my inception as Governor of Troll's Bane. Strengthening the bonds of the Town and the ways of the Arcane and bringing a culture to this town of higher learning. The Town of Troll's Bane and the Magic Academy have reached a conclusion on a deal that will give them more presence within our town and defend our borders in times of upheaval and war.

Though it will only be on a strictly voluntary basis, the Academy will also assume a position within the Army of Gobaith, which will readily and most assuredly mean their added defensive capabilities in supporting our town against outsider forces. We have also gained a much needed and valuable ally in the continued campaign to rid this island of banditry and corruption. These bandits include any groups that openly oppose the safety and well being of the citizens of Troll's Bane, including these small crops of outlaws that seem to be revealing themselves to be staunch supporters of overthrowing the Government.

Their institution will build it's presence in Troll's Bane through the use of the learning center of our fair town. The library will now be placed within the care of the Academy, to be used as their center of operations, and their embassy in town. Hopefully, with such a direct involvement within our town, citizens will have a better chance of being students of the arts. Should anyone have questions or concerns dealing with this matter, your messages will promptly be removed. Please direct those to me personally.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

The following contract has also been nullified per agreement between the Archduchess and the acting head of the magic academy.

Today, I was able to finalize a deal that has been in the works since my inception as Governor of Troll's Bane. Strengthening the bonds of the Town and the ways of the Arcane and bringing a culture to this town of higher learning. The Town of Troll's Bane and the Magic Academy have reached a conclusion on a deal that will give them more presence within our town and defend our borders in times of upheaval and war.

Though it will only be on a strictly voluntary basis, the Academy will also assume a position within the Army of Gobaith, which will readily and most assuredly mean their added defensive capabilities in supporting our town against outsider forces. We have also gained a much needed and valuable ally in the continued campaign to rid this island of banditry and corruption. These bandits include any groups that openly oppose the safety and well being of the citizens of Troll's Bane, including these small crops of outlaws that seem to be revealing themselves to be staunch supporters of overthrowing the Government.

Their institution will build it's presence in Troll's Bane through the use of the learning center of our fair town. The library will now be placed within the care of the Academy, to be used as their center of operations, and their embassy in town. Hopefully, with such a direct involvement within our town, citizens will have a better chance of being students of the arts. Should anyone have questions or concerns dealing with this matter, your messages will promptly be removed. Please direct those to me personally.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin

This Proclamation made by the former Governor Elijah between himself and the Absent Arch-mage Avalyon el'Hattarr, from this day shall be annulled and the library returned to it's proper owners, the inhabitants of Trolls Bane. Along with this any promise of alliance between the academy and the political and military factions of Trolls Bane shall also be annulled henceforth and the academy shall return to it's original mandate of being a neutral faction on the isle. No further alliances shall be made by the academy and any political or militant faction in Gobiath. should a student decide themselves they seek to join with a faction they of course may do so, however not under the name or banner of the Magic academy.

~*~Lady Joxia Doral~*~
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

Might inquire as to what information has voided my contract with you? Surely you would present this publicly or discuss it with myself.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin

A few inches away from the original message, another one is tacked to the wall.

It has been resolved.
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

The first meeting of the Trolls Bane council is being called for 3 dwarven days from now at 16:00 GMT on the second floor of the library. All nobles are expected to attend or to select a steward to attend in their place and all government officials are also expected to attend. This is not a public meeting. A public meeting will follow for citizens of Trolls Bane in the square immediately after council meeting.

~*~Lady Joxia Doral~*~

((Saturday~16:00 GMT))
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

((Please note that the time for the meeting on saturday has been changed))
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

I have finally filled all the prominent government positions. They are as follows:

Archduchess of Trolls Bane ~ Duchess Joxia Doral
Chancellor of Trolls Bane ~ Count Orren Paddick
Magistrates of Trolls Bane ~ Baroness Kyre Raven and Duke Roland Ross
Captain of Trolls Bane guard ~ Baron Dain Laiden
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

Attention People of Trolls Bane!

Recent claims of Bane claiming the Union are false, and unjustified. You have overstepped your bounds, this will NOT be tolerated.

Also, Rainy, you should know better.

Rest assured, the Union is NOT territory of bane, their laws hold no ground there.

Signed,
~Tak'Zel~
~Chairlizard of the Farmers Union
~Captain of the Riverside Grovestriders
~Military Commnder of the Zzyathis Templar

Shandra
~Tailor

Maeglin Telemmaite Vian
~Keeper of the wolf
~Head of Grovestrider Crafters
~Landwalker

~Ser~
~Priest of Nargun
Kaidan Firestone

Post by Kaidan Firestone »

I waited patiently, but as higher ranking officials have given no instructions for the average citizen as the armies of the other settlements of the Isle surround town, I will give my humble advice. I recommend that all citizens of Trolls bane who have no interest in defending Joxia to take refuge at either the Grey Rose Castle, Vanima or Greenbriar until the bloodshed is over. I do not know whether Djironnyma and Silverbrand will truly leave Trolls bane with open elections, I hope for it and will fight for it, but I frankly do not know their intentions.

To Joxia, other members of the Temple and those she has granted nobility,
I know the Temple does indeed still exist. I am betraying the trust of one of your group but I was informed of how you threatened Elijah with a "dagger to the back" if he did not hand over the town to Joxia. The Nordmark was and should never have been annexed by Trolls Bane, it was clearly not abandoned as Joxia repeatedly led me and others to believe. Nor was the Farmers Union which clearly still has occupants. I was complacent with the plans of Trolls Bane's expansion into other lands because I had assumed Joxia would have attempted to message the people of the lands to be annexed in a public and open fashion, if no response was given in a timely manner then Trolls Bane would annex those lands. That would have been a reasonable thing to do, instead it is clear that Joxia simply stated they were part of Trolls bane and then hand picked a noble whose alliance she needed to further consolidate her power.

These actions are what has lead to the declaration of war by the Bearers, Silverbrand and other free peoples. In less than a Dwarfish month of rule, Joxia has managed to make Trolls bane a pariah on the Island. What speaks the most of her character, and what shows how weak of a leader she be, is how little she accepts responsibility for it. How she lacks even the most remote trace of modesty that perhaps, on some level, it was her obnoxious and close minded approach to expanding Trolls Bane that has brought about this war. This expansion which was done for no reason but for what power she believed she would accomplish, in her head.

I will not fight to maintain the legitimacy of Joxia's rule. It is apparent that she will break her own laws of nobility and it is now well known fact that she came into power through blackmail and coercion. To avoid unnecessary bloodshed I ask on all members of the temple, Dain, Joxia, Stefan, Verdazar, Kyre, Roland, all members of the nobility whom were not legally allowed to become nobles, to resign their positions in government and leave town. You are all in this fight alone. If you cared for what was best of Trolls bane, as you have often claimed Joxia, then you will walk away now.

Kaidan Firestone
Town Guard
Hashim El'djin

Post by Hashim El'djin »

Kaidan,

If these claims are true, and I have been duped, then I will resign my position as noble and wash my hands of the whole affair.

However, I am not yet convinced, and even less convinced by the aims of the Bearers.

As to the ordinary citizens of Gobaith who remain in town, I advise them to remain calm and seek temporary residence elsewhere, since the attackers have declared all those who remain to be fair game. I suggest to the council that Cromwell's mansion be used as a safehouse.

Kaidan, it is sad to see someone loyal to the town turn away in its hour of need. But I will not blame you. If the claims are indeed true, then I shall do so myself.

But untill then, I remind all of this fact. We are not defending the temple. The gods play no role in this stand.

We fight for Trollsbane. For its streets, its buildings, its shops, its women and children, its loyal citizenry. I took an oath to do so, and I shall not break it now. The rallying cry is not that of Moshran, not that of hate for Djironnyma and his accomplices. The rallying cry is, our city.

Stay safe, all of you.

~Hashim El'djin
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Translation is in work.
Das Erzherzogtum Trolls Bane existiert nicht mehr. Trolls Bane ist nun eine freie Stadt unter dem Schutz der Träger des Feuers.

Weder die Träger des Feuers, noch seine Verbündeten erheben jeglichen Anspruch auf die kürzlich annektieren Gebiete der Farmers Union und der Nordmark, wir erkennen beide Gebiete als souverän und frei an.

Oberstes Ziel des Ordens und seiner Verbündeten ist es, den Bürgern ein Leben in Frieden, Ordnung und Wohlstand zu Ermöglichen.

Die Freiheit Trolls Banes bedeutet, dass weder die Stadt noch die Schutzmacht irgend welche Verbote oder Steuern für das sinnvolle Nutzen von Ressourcen, Werkstätten oder Land erheben. Zudem darf ein jeder frei seine Meinung äußern, solange er die Regeln der Höflichkeit wart und seine Aussagen nicht der Propaganda des Tempels dienen.

Die Stadt wird fortan verwaltet durch:
Dem Richter - Gestellt von den Rittern der Grauen Rose - er soll gerecht Urteil sprechen, über jeden Mann wie jede Frau, welche den Frieden und die Ordnung in Trolls Bane stört. Die Ritterschaft hat noch keinen Richter ernannt, sagte aber zu einen Bürger Trolls Banes zu wählen.

Dem Schatzmeister - Gestellt vom Königreich Silberbrand - er bezieht die Steuergelder und verteilt sie nach festgelegten Sätzen an die einzelnen Verwalter und die Schutzmacht. Bis zur Beratung mit der Vizekönigin und der Festlegung eines endgültigen Schatzmeisters ist Tialdin von Silberbrand vorläufiger Schatzmeister.

Dem Wachhauptmann - gestellt von den Trägern des Feuers und dem Dux beziehungsweise dem Orden unterstellt - er wird eine Stadtwache rekrutieren und anführen, die dem Orden dabei unterstützt die Ordnung in der Stadt zu wahren und Bane gegen Feinde von außen zu verteidigen. Diese Aufgabe wird Amarien von Varda übernehmen.

Dem Bürgermeister - ein unabhängiger - seine Aufgabe ist es mit und für die Bürger Trolls Banes zu sprechen, und sich für die Belange der Bürger, ihr Wünsche und Probleme einzusetzen. Ihn obliegen in Zusammenarbeit mit dem Orden alle sonstigen Verwaltungsaufgaben, insbesondere die Instandhaltung der Stadt, die Förderung des Wohlstandes und das Organisieren jeglicher Veranstaltungen wie Feste, Markttage, Turnieren und ähnlichem. Als Bürgermeister wurde der Elf Felbion aufgrund seiner Sprachenvielfalt ernannt. Sollte sich mit der Zeit zeigen, dass die Bürger Trolls Banes einen anderen Bürgermeister Wünschen, werden sie einen Erwählen können.

~Djironnyma, für Trolls Bane.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

I need to excuse for my terrible new, but i m sure Felbion will write down all seperate in a fine and clear new as soon as possible.

The Archduchy of Trolls Bane is no more. Trolls Bane is now a free Town under the protection of the Bearers of the Fire.

Neither the Bearers of the Fire, nor their allies claim the recently annexed areas of the Nordmark and the Farmers union. We see both as sovereign and free.

The highest goal of the Order and his allies is giving the citizens a life in freedom, order and wealth.

The freedom of Trolls Bane means, that neither Town nor protector will ask for any tax or give any bans on the meaningful use of resources, tools or land. Also anyone can speak and write free his opinion, as long as he is respectful and does not speak the propaganda of the Temple.

The Town will be administrate by:
The magistrate – appoint by the Knights of the Grey Rose – he will judge fair any man or women, who disturb the peace or the order in Trolls Bane. The Knights haven’t appoint a judge now, but they said it will be a citizen of Trolls Bane.

The treasurer – appoint by the Kingdom of Silverbrand – he will take the taxes and give them to the other caretaker. Until he have spoke with his Vicequeen, Tialdin of Silverbrand himself be the temporary treasurer.

The guard captain – appoint by the Bearers of the Fire and under the command of the Dux and the Order – he will recruit and lead a Townguard, which help The Order to protect the peace and order in the Town from out- and inside. The Guard Captain will be Amarien von Varda.

The mayor – a neutral person – his duty is it to speak with and for the Citizens of Trolls Bane. To care about the wishes and problems of them. Together with the Bearers of the Fire he will care about all other administrative duties, specially the maintenance of Trolls Bane, support the wealth and organizing any event, like celebrations, market days or tournaments. As mayor is appoint the Elf Felbion, in reason of his high language skills in old and new. If the time will show us, that the citizens of Trolls Bane wand a other mayor, there will be elections

~Djironnyma, for Trolls Bane.