To the monster spawning not to !gm answering GM

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Zot

Re: To the monster spawning not to !gm answering GM

Post by Zot »

90% of the players who stay longer than 5 min. afk are players who want to get rid of their cap, i watched them several times walking to dungeons after a few minutes idling. Howerver, i don't spawn any monster next them, there are more funny things to scare players (like changing their hp to 1 and place them next a cross+kick :P )
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

Now thats creative. I like that. Or have them wake up in a bed and no idea how they got there? The posibilities of a RP are endless from there. Or they are in the middle of nowhere that is safe and then they have to figure out what happened. Maybe play a panther that has dragged them off or a goblin that runs away when they come to.
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

yeah well, whatever bugger gave me that wasp inside Greenbriar, you're an person idont like* :lol:

changed by dji
Ezor Edwickton

Post by Ezor Edwickton »

I think it's simple, if you don't want stuff to happen to your char don't idle and don't leave your char afk off by itself. Does the client really take that long to load back up?
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

of course not, but if you're rushing of to the toilet because of a bad bout of the flu (you tend to forget about this sorta thing ) and you come back to find the wasp of doom gloating over your ghost... :lol:
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

I can only hope that the GM constitution, Which warns against creative punishments (be they harmless or not), is still in effect.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Ezor Edwickton wrote:I think it's simple, if you don't want stuff to happen to your char don't idle and don't leave your char afk off by itself. Does the client really take that long to load back up?
Originally this topic was made, because a GM did something without having a reason and didn't reply to my !gm.

Though, I guess you were reffering to the more or less off topic discussion.
Ezor Edwickton

Post by Ezor Edwickton »

Another solution, get a catheter. :)
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

Nalzaxx wrote:I can only hope that the GM constitution, Which warns against creative punishments (be they harmless or not), is still in effect.
It's kind of depressing when I consider how excited I was to write that thinking of how it would benefit the players.
Flux

Post by Flux »

Flux can has never broken that sacred law.
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

And trust me when I say that I think most GM's do take at least most of what was written there and use it. I don't want you to think that I don't believe that you're doing a good job (far as I know. I'm a bit too far from Illarion to know what goes on).

And I can understand that folks make mistakes, and I have my suspicions that this might not have been done by a GM at all (afterall, GM's are not the only folks with GM characters and not all developers are aware of the provisions that were written in the GM constitution). I also realize that too much attention is at this thread and don't blame whoever did it for not coming clean here. However, I think Jupiter deserves an apology via PM from the guilty party. Afterall, he seems to be taking it in stride and that's really cool of him, so there doesn't even seem to be anything to lose in it.
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

Damn Aegohl, how'd you get so cool?