#w #me doesn't work anymore?

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

1d20

#w #me doesn't work anymore?

Post by 1d20 »

I was about to engage in a frivolous session of cybersex with my friend but realised that #w #me doesn't work, is that true or did it just change?

underlined may or may not be true
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

Works for me.. :?
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Works fine here.
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

:shock: All this time I've been cybering wrong?!
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

Lol you cybernoob.
Flux

Post by Flux »

He means type "#w #me takes the man in his firm arms."

Which does not work, indeed.

Nor does the whole "click on the hushed lips and #me", and hasn't done for a long time. Your emotes are shown to all.
Llama

Post by Llama »

#w *has really awesome and dirty private time*
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

This function was a bug. And Nitram fixed it June 09.
:arrow:
http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... highlight=
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Aww, it was useful for showing emotes to people that are close to you that only them can see, don't remove a nice feature just because of a buncha cybersmexers!

#w #me discretely slides his hand into his vest, firmly gripping onto his dagger and hinting its shimmering blade to the woman as he mutters quietly, otherwise not attracting any attention.
#w Come on lassy, your gold, else I'll take your purse drenched in your own blood.
TiaSarah

Post by TiaSarah »

Then why not take Hadrian's suggestion?

#w *discretely slides his hand into his vest, firmly gripping onto his dagger and hinting its shimmering blade to the woman as he mutters quietly, otherwise not attracting any attention.*
#w Come on lassy, your gold, else I'll take your purse drenched in your own blood.

Works the same I'd think
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

I would think anyone can see a hand sliding into a vest that happens to be watching. Another way to handle the same thing.

#me slides his hand into his vest discretly giving a winsome smile yet eyes watch the woman carefully before whispering.

#w I have a dagger in this vest lassy, say not a word and give me your gold else I'll take your purse drenched in your own blood.
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

TiaSarah wrote:Then why not take Hadrian's suggestion?

#w *discretely slides his hand into his vest, firmly gripping onto his dagger and hinting its shimmering blade to the woman as he mutters quietly, otherwise not attracting any attention.*

Works the same I'd think
It does, but it looks ugly. :(

I always thought this was a feature, not a bug.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

That was a bug.

You can't hide your actions!
We see everything!

Nitram
Cascarrabias

Re: #w #me doesn't work anymore?

Post by Cascarrabias »

Sorry for hijacking this post but since it has been resolved and since this is sort of related..

Why doesn't, blah blah blah #me blah blah blah, work? It would be nice to have #me in the middle sometimes, to break up the norm.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Cascarrabias wrote:Sorry for hijacking this post but since it has been resolved and since this is sort of related..

Why doesn't, blah blah blah #me blah blah blah, work? It would be nice to have #me in the middle sometimes, to break up the norm.

I don't know how difficult it would be to script an #me in the middle of a post *gives a small shrug* however certain posts can get around that and is accepted by all.

#me tilts her head appearing thoughtful "..and of course you can also post speech inside an #me"
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

Achae Eanstray wrote:
Cascarrabias wrote:Sorry for hijacking this post but since it has been resolved and since this is sort of related..

I don't know how difficult it would be to script an #me in the middle of a post *gives a small shrug* however certain posts can get around that and is accepted by all.

#me tilts her head appearing thoughtful "..and of course you can also post speech inside an #me"
This is something which I have done for years and has never seemed to present itself as an issue. It turns the dialogue into a bit more of a narrative format.

#me shrugs his shoulders, a timid expression defying his boldly-stated words. "Indeed, that -is- what I think," he says, yanking the longsword from its worn sheath.
Cascarrabias

Post by Cascarrabias »

Cain Freemont wrote:#me shrugs his shoulders, a timid expression defying his boldly-stated words. "Indeed, that -is- what I think," he says, yanking the longsword from its worn sheath.
As opposed to..
Shrugging his shoulders, and with a timid expression that defies his emboldened words, #ME states, "blah blah blah"

Still, two ways of writing the same thing, yet #ME's don't work mid sentence.

Like wise,
"blah blah blah", said #me. -doesn't work.
Especially when the narrative is about you and not #me..
"Off with her head!" yelled #me from the back of the crowd.
"Burn the witch!", heckles #me. Sure I can write, #me shouts "Liar!" but that makes me the subject as opposed to the Liar.

On to another thing not about but related to #ME's
Orc:[Orc:************************] but with #ME's "things between quotes are all part of the mote and as id the quotation marks don't exists" Any way of making "the things inside quotation marks come out like a normally stated sentence in a native tongue. eg #ME spurts out his wine and coughs out "whaaaaa?!" to anyone that knows the pixie language but everyone else reads, #ME spurts out his wine and coughs out "*********"
Llama

Post by Llama »

:idea:

If you have so much complicated things to say, perhaps you could use an enter?

#me coughs and speaks in a wheezing tone
Thar be pirates in that cove lass! Pirates
#me takes another swig of beer
Cascarrabias

Post by Cascarrabias »

One last bit.

A way to refer to other s in #ME's so as to use the greet checks. eg #me takes <Janes> hand and kisses it. Those that don't know jane will see John takes the elfess hand and kisses it or if they labeled her, queeny and don't know me, A gnome takes queenys hand and kisses it.
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

If there is someone there and you aren't certain they know the elfess you are hand kissing, simply:
#me kisses the elfess on the hand.

Or, if theres more than one:
#me turns to the elfess in leather, and kisses her hand.