Cannot view the whole map.... No F9...

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Sir Gnar

Cannot view the whole map.... No F9...

Post by Sir Gnar »

~ I haven't been able to view the whole map using F9 or right clicking the smaller map and manually opening to view. Is this a bug or could it be something on my end? I think it stopped working when i got my new computer, so..... Well, if anyone knows what the problem might be, just let a bruddah know.
Raina Narethil

Post by Raina Narethil »

it works on my end have no problem with F9, could be something with a bad map, try to copy them to a different location and delete the ones there. Could be a corrupted file on your end.

delete the .map located in the illa folder under character name.

Hope this helps
Sir Gnar

Post by Sir Gnar »

Umm, not sure how to do all that but I will take a look and see. Just curious am I going to have an all blacked out map yet again when I do this? Thanks for the help.
PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

I can't use the F9 function either, but middle-clicking the minimap works for me.
Raina Narethil

Post by Raina Narethil »

Yes, more then likely you will have blank maps again. That is why it is best to copy them from the file first to a safe place before deleting them.

That way if your problem is solved after deleting them you can slowly place them back in one at a time to figure out what one is corrupted.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

The overview map is disabled at reduced graphic mode to save video memory and runtime performance. Could it be this?

Nitram
Llama

Post by Llama »

By the way, you can only see the giant map when you're on level 0
Sir Gnar

Post by Sir Gnar »

Well, I didn't realize I actually was set on reduced graphics but I changed it to high & still no luck... Also, i'm aware my Char must be on level 0 to view the whole map... So does what Raina suggested make sense as the next step?
Damien

Post by Damien »

1. Update your graphics card drivers o an actual version (fixes most issues)
2. Update your Java installation to an actual one (fixes some issues)
3. Upgrade your DirectX to an actual version (only fixes issues if your version is an older one)
4. Wait for the new Client that comes with the VBU (That's lke Nargun's blessing, may fix everything, may bring new bugs instead, who knows)

5. and after 4., fall to your knees, praise the holy DEVs, convert to NITRANISM, and become life-long Illarion society support donator / member. :twisted:
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Damien wrote:3. Upgrade your DirectX to an actual version (only fixes issues if your version is an older one)
Never wrong, but note necessary for Illarion. Illarion uses OpenGL.
Sir Gnar

Post by Sir Gnar »

Hmm, well to be honest the only steps I understood were 4 & 5 :? So is there an idiots guide for steps 1-3, or did I already get the idiots guide and in that case should log off the computer and jump off a bridge saving us all the trouble of further explaination? Firstly, I am not sure where my graphics card driver is or how to update it & secondly I am not sure what DirectX is either. So if you wish to induce a headache on your part dealing with my comp illiterate ass, please explain & thanks to those who have attempted to help me thus far...
Sir Gnar

Post by Sir Gnar »

It works, it works!!! I didn't do anything though it just started working & it hasn't worked in two months so i'm assuming somone did something to cause it to show up? Either way thanks for the suggestions & to whoever fixed it especially, much appreciated...
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Did you set the graphic mode to full (not to reduced) and restarted the client then? Because this setting does not take effect until the next full client restart.

Nitram
Sir Gnar

Post by Sir Gnar »

Yeah i set the graphics to high the other day once I realized I had it set on reduced, but nothing changed as a result, the world map was still not available until today. Also, I didn't run updates on my computer or change any else so thats kinda strange that it just started working after 2 months of not working..