After the VBU, how easy will it be to add new graphics?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

1d20

After the VBU, how easy will it be to add new graphics?

Post by 1d20 »

Hi!

I'm wondering, right now, to add new graphics, we need a client update, etc etc.

After the VBU, will it be easier?
Caynwyn

Post by Caynwyn »

I seem to have read in one of the VBU threads that one of the reasons for the VBU was the ease of being able to add things later. :D
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

So lets say I have a really fancy quest idea in mind and I make some nifty graphics to go along with the quest to add to the "wow" effect, can those easily be added and used the next day?
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Graphics updates will still need a client update, however, as far as I understood, those updates become a bit more simple.

If you already made valuable graphics, why don't you pass them to Nitram right now?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

It will be slightly easier.
But not much.

Nitram
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Estralis Seborian wrote:If you already made valuable graphics, why don't you pass them to Nitram right now?
I was working on graphics a while ago, but then I went to Lebanon for a month or two and Martin was supposed to come in contact with me but he hasn't, so I assumed he had graphics covered.
Nitram wrote:It will be slightly easier.
But not much.
Well that's a shame. :c
Last edited by 1d20 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
martin

Post by martin »

Graphics is actually NOT covered!
It is the field where we're lagging behind the most, thus I am really, really searching for people to help.

Martin
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Welp despite being in college, maybe I can chuck in a few walls or whatever it is you guys needed if they're actually going to be used in the game. :P

Poke me on MSN some time, let me know what you need. I can do 3D animations now too, but don't count on me for bio modelling, I'm not very good at making humans/living things. I could still try though, I suppose.
1d20

Re: After the VBU, how easy will it be to add new graphics?

Post by 1d20 »

I'm going to bump this because I REALLY want to help now that I'm done with this semester of college and I'm in a massive "3D" vibe where I'm considering leaving college altogether and working in 3D, I could really use the practice and the fun right now. I can't contact you on ICQ martin because my ICQ simply refuses to work properly as hard as I try. I can never figure out if you are online or not. :lol:

So please, give me a hint what to start with. What is it we REALLY need right now? Walls? Weapons? Clothes? (I can try nDynamics too, if you want.. makes clothes look very very realistic) - I can also do non-organic animations now no problem. You just need to name it!