Coming from Troll's Bane Prison...

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

NN

Coming from Troll's Bane Prison...

Post by NN »

From a cell in Troll's Bane prison, yells may be heard, mostly yells to the guards about a missing breakfast and wine.

If one were to visit this cell, one were to find a man laying on the bed, or walking past and forth the door yelling about his missing meal and drink.
This man is unknown to most, and if they were to find out why he was in there, they would just laugh and go away, or perhaps make a complaint to the governor about jailing people for ridiculous reasons.
Rogan Thorgrim

Post by Rogan Thorgrim »

A dwarf makes his morning rounds of the town. He's a stocky, brawny fellow, dark-skinned and sallow faced, wearing an odd, wide-rimmed hat. As he hears the yells from the prison, he stops, and glances surreptitiously around. 'May as well,' the dwarf sneers once he's sure no eyes are watching. Fumbling around his pocket, the dwarf produces an old jail key from some other life as a guard, sliding it into the lock and opening the door with a small click.

The dwarf walks down the stairs, his steel boots tap, tap, tapping on the stone floor as he goes. He peers through the bars of each cell he finds, searching for the source of the wailing.
NN

Post by NN »

The man lays exhausted back in the filthy prison bed, just in time to hear the tapping of shoes. He gets up walking to the door yelling out believing it's one of the guards ''Are you going to give me some food soon?!'' then after a moment of thought he adds '' And when will you let me out?''
Rogan Thorgrim

Post by Rogan Thorgrim »

Hearing the voice, the dwarf peers through the bars, looking at the man. He leers at him, the iron skulls tied to his beard jangling. 'I ain't no cook mate. What they lock you up for anyhow?'
NN

Post by NN »

The man squints his eyes at the dwarf ''I got locked up for..'' he stops taking a moment to think before saying '' Promise you won't laugh? And who are you anyway, if not a cook or guard?''
Rogan Thorgrim

Post by Rogan Thorgrim »

The dwarf chuckles. 'Ain't your business to know tha' lad. Now tell me why your in here. Might be I can help ye.'
NN

Post by NN »

The man hesitates a bit before talking again ''That stupid inquisitor put me in 'ere for not telling him my name.. Though he was very rude and refused to prove that he was the real inquisitor. Even drew blades on me without me threatening him at all!'' he waves with his arms as he adds ''I'm barely even getting fed in here!''
Rogan Thorgrim

Post by Rogan Thorgrim »

The dwarf gives the prisoner an incredulous look, before bursting out laughing. 'Not givin' your name? This inquisitor fella sounds like an interestin' man.' He tips his hat to the prisoner, cackling nastily as he walks of. 'Thank ye kindly for the information lad! As for food, well there's always rats!' His laughter fades into the distance as he leaves the jail behind.
NN

Post by NN »

The man laughs with for a moment before realizing what they are laughing of, then he sits down in bed again mumbling ''bastard'' before starting to yell for the guards again about food.
NN

Post by NN »

Days later the man sits cross legged, perhaps meditating, his goatee grown into a full beard. After a while he rises, glancing at the jail door. ''Will they ever let me out of here?'' he mumbles to himself before sitting back down, closing his eyes.