Druid scrolls

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Qeewee

Druid scrolls

Post by Qeewee »

Trying to read the druid scrolls, I get random letters.

Is there anything you have to do to confirm the skill loss? Do the library research skill have anything to do with it?

Is there anyone that have read the scrolls that can say what they did, how good their skills was at library research?
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

try to find it out IG. :wink:
:arrow:
- find an alchemist and ask him
- find a druid and ask him
some other people also knowing
- how to read the scrolls and
- what happend when reading the scrolls

- and yes, i know one who has read different scrolls

:arrow: think you have more fun when finding the solution IG
H.Banestone

Post by H.Banestone »

That, unfortunately, did not seem to be my experience. All mages and druids I talked to ingame were frankly stuck up *boop*holes keeping their secrets strictly, and acting as if they expect me to sell them my soul for the answer. You literally have to pull answers out of them and more often than not the answers were mixed with some pseudo-mystical bs, like "being a druid/mage is not just about knowing spells, it's a state of mind". Yes, we all know how special/chosen/matrix/Neo you guys all are, but fact is, you all had to learn somewhere, all started out noobs.
I urge those possessing knowledge in-character to tune down the a-hole gauge a bit.
Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

:roll: I've tried IG for about 9 months, no one would tell my character because of all this secrecy (though there are almost no alchemists and druids around, hm , wonder why that might be?)
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

The druid scrolls are written in foreign languages your character can't understand. Thus the garbled text.

You have to "learn" the language to read the scrolls. How, you might ask? There are druid potions for this. You have to mix or buy them.

PS: FOIG is a bad answer for a (valid) question.
Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

Thank you for taking the time to answer this Estralis :) Would it be a valid question to ask what language it is written in?
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Different languages! Racial languages - so asking a person of said race to help you is also an option.
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

If I remember right, to read the scrolls in the race languages the character needs also to drink a druid potion. If you get someone from the special race, I think they'd have to be a druid.

Not feeling real confident in my memory ... can anyone else verify?
Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

You have to drink a druid potion to read them, yes.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Is there anyone that have read the scrolls that can say what they did, how good their skills was at library research?
It is a little difficult now to be able to read the scrolls. The language potions once available to new druids to help, last I checked are no longer available. Hopefully things will improve after the VBU. The skill loss is random for each scroll...libary skill is helpful with common but also with the language potions...from personal experience, you loose too much library skill and you can't read the scrolls even with a language potion.. not well (or my char could have just been having a bad day). :D
GolfLima

different scrolls in different languages

Post by GolfLima »

1) i know a charakter who read different scrolls, but i dont know something about his library research skill
2) an experianced druid can make language potions
3) language potions are available for a new druid
Achae Eanstray

Re: different scrolls in different languages

Post by Achae Eanstray »

GolfLima wrote: 3) language potions are available for a new druid
Good to know, thanks.
Qeewee

Re: different scrolls in different languages

Post by Qeewee »

Achae Eanstray wrote:
GolfLima wrote: 3) language potions are available for a new druid
Good to know, thanks.
How so?
Netsirk

Post by Netsirk »

Achae is kinda right, I mean your Library skill has to be like completely YELLOW cause the more you read the more skill you loose....my char is having to relearn common :lol:

its a random skill loss so you know it will hit your library skill some.

the potions are available and usually a druid teacher or mentor will help you.
I am logged in on my druid like everyday...dont know if she will help...im not her....you'll have to ask her..... ;) :P xD

just find her ig or send her a pm.........you should know her name....

plus reading the scrolls is half the battle....its figuring out the ACTUAL ingredients thats a pain...I'm STILL trying to figure out combinations...

Trust me....knowing the first two books inside and out is a HUGE help....cause after the scrolls I had to go back and re read them twice and take notes :lol:
Thrym

Re: Druid scrolls

Post by Thrym »

You don't need a language potion.

But they'd sure be helpful to you now.
Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

Finally found those new druid language potions, yet after learning a language I could still not read the scrolls, is this some sort of bug?
Darkshade

Post by Darkshade »

The language potion does NOT make you have full skill in the language, you just understand it fairly. It's just like the learning to read, you have to read AND speak the language fairly well.
Skamato

Post by Skamato »

Qeewee wrote:Finally found those new druid language potions, yet after learning a language I could still not read the scrolls, is this some sort of bug?
After drinking the language potions you have the same skill like the Recherche Skill. So maybe you should read more IG-Books ;)

Skamato
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

the scrolls are in different languages.
may be you have tested a scroll in another language, you dont can read after drinking the language potion.