Logs

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

HolyKnight

Logs

Post by HolyKnight »

Like many of the older players of this game I am prone to nostalgia, and hindsight is always 20/20. One of my greatest regrets is not saving all the logs of my character Eli Travinus. I have more recent logs but I guess when the file gets too large older data is erased or I accidentally did it. Anyway I was hoping some of you older players are more efficient pack rats than me and could provide me some logs. If you are willing please send me a PM. I will take all the logs you can muster. :)

I wish you all the very best and will continue to lurk in the forums till I am able to return, one day....
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

I've been encountering this same issue, that I never stayed on top of my logs. I would read them and all, but never save a copy of them. :( So many awesome things that have been forgotten...
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

I for some reason chose to not save logs for 80% of my first playing stint.
I regret that.
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

When you play a character for years and witness some incredibly creative POs and how they develop/Rp their characters it is regretful if you don't save it. Listen up you n00bs one day ... one day nostalgia will creep up on you.
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

Also it's very much so worth it to see how you and your character develop. I look back on my old logs for Jon, and sit there thinking "Wow. If somebody did that now I'd probably slap them" Your character does change and evolve in more ways than just the colours of his skills. And when you read old logs from friends who's character has 'Left for the mainland' or died, it brings back loads of good memories. :)
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

How do you get to read/find your logs anyway? Haven't found it in my Illa folder. (If it's even there.)
Thurik Stronghammer

Post by Thurik Stronghammer »

In the illarion folder there'll be a folder with your character name on it. Click on it, and click on the txt. file titled Illarion. It has all the logs.
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

That's the problem. There's no "Illarion" txt file when I go in my char's folder, and the only txt file that is labeled Illarion isn't one with logs.

O.o?
Velisai

Post by Velisai »

My Documents\Illarion\Samuel Greenrags\illarion.log <- This is the file you want. If it isn't there, check if you disabled logging in the game options.
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

^Thanks. That was it. xD
Shenandrea

Post by Shenandrea »

Eli, I'll look for some logs with your char... though not sure when I have the time to do so.
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

I have logs saved, will send a PM.
Sssari

Re: Logs

Post by Sssari »

HolyKnight wrote:Like many of the older players of this game I am prone to nostalgia, and hindsight is always 20/20. One of my greatest regrets is not saving all the logs of my character Eli Travinus. I have more recent logs but I guess when the file gets too large older data is erased or I accidentally did it. Anyway I was hoping some of you older players are more efficient pack rats than me and could provide me some logs. If you are willing please send me a PM. I will take all the logs you can muster. :)

I wish you all the very best and will continue to lurk in the forums till I am able to return, one day....

Want mine?*

*USER ASSUMES ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES OR DAMAGE CAUSED OR CLAIMED TO BE CAUSED BY PARTICIPATION IN THIS LOG OR BY THE USE OR MISUSE OF ANY COMMENT FOUND WITHIN OR IMPLIED THROUGH THE LOG, EITHER OF THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR OR THOSE COLLECTED WITHIN LOG.
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Guys I want them all, From whomever rped with Eli Travinus. I loved rping with all you and want to thank anyone willing to hook me up! Like I said I have some recent logs starting from the inception of the height, weight, advanced description, and seeing what type of weapon someone is carrying. Not sure when that update was implemented but I have most logs since then.
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Double post, oh well.

Just wanted to apologize to all the people that had to rp with Eli over the years. His PO, aka me, was/might still be a HORRIBLE speller. I found countless typos in just a few minutes of reading. Ugh... I hope I have gotten better, sheesh.
Thurik Stronghammer

HolyKnight... do you play Mount and Blade?
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Never heard of that what kind of game is it? *goes to google it*
Thurik Stronghammer

it's basically a realistic medieval combat game, no magic, just bows, horses with lances, archers, pikemen ect. the new stand alone expansion is called Warband, it's multiplayer with battles of sometimes more than a hundred. I asked because there's a guy named HolyKnight that plays.
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Ah.. so it is not roleplay based? I looked at the screen shots and it looked beautiful graphically.
Thurik Stronghammer

oh forgot to mention, ah, it's more like call of duty modern warfare... but medieval. There's tons of mods though, and some people roleplay and there are a few events here and there. but definately not rp oriented.
Thurik Stronghammer

ah wait yes, there's 2 mods that are rp. While it's not enforced, most rp a bit. Persistant world mod, and fantasy world mod.
Flux

Post by Flux »

I have all my logs from 2005 to the present day and back them up every month.
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Flux you are one smart cookie :P
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

HolyKnight wrote:Flux you are one smart cookie :P
Have him send you the first few months of his logs :lol:
Flux

Post by Flux »

Lrmy wrote:
I lol'd.
ogerawa

Post by ogerawa »

HolyKnight wrote:Double post, oh well.

Just wanted to apologize to all the people that had to rp with Eli over the years. His PO, aka me, was/might still be a HORRIBLE speller. I found countless typos in just a few minutes of reading. Ugh... I hope I have gotten better, sheesh.
oh my gawd... you are horrible... :lol:
Sssari

Post by Sssari »

Lrmy wrote:

:L

Everyone needs to post the first RP they ever did. That stuff is LOL fodder, let me tell ya.

Also, Eli, see ya in game someday, probably when the VBU hits.