A storm is coming...

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Kugar

A storm is coming...

Post by Kugar »

On many tree's scattered around the out-stretch of the isle Gobaith, one may see a recurring parchment with neatly displayed words written on, and a message...
Hear yay, hear yay.

Fair people of Gobaith, written here is a message for you. It is to encourage the tellings of truth, and fathom a form of instigation for justice. Agree with these words or not, they would merely intend to openly display findings, and offer elaboration unto a truth blurred by misinformation. Let us set aside the delusions of an apparent will to cause harm to innocent people, if it is merely one's intention to oppose the corruption of Trollsbane. Trollsbane is home to a government that is decorated with hardened fools, chancer's, Puppeteers, and lunatic sadists.

It's very existence based upon a lie; Governor Elijah's legacy thus far, has displayed many a smoke and mirror, in which only the blindest of fools would dare overlook. A mysterious stranger arisen from the shadows, the man rose to power faster than the passing of mas. Present at the death of his assassinated 'leader', former governor Edric, Elijah has never declared his innocence, or been questioned over potential involvement. Aswell as having a record of involvement with the late 'Ace', former leader of the Legitimate businessmens society, the man merely shrugs off any need to be put to the question. Let us not play coy, and put the rumours to rest. The man was clearly in the LBA. However, the 'guild' collapsed after Edric's death, funnily enough, leaving a separation of those who would chance to a higher paycheck in the government, and those who would oppose to conform. Elijah being a sell-out, whilst his former colleagues, the non-conformists, were deemed publicly as 'criminals', remaining branded with their self proclamation of the LBA. But that would appear to be as far as any means of 'seperation' would spread.. Doves still passing in the air..

Within his 'congregation', Elijah has assembled an array of lunatic thugs, formed in use for his 'personal guard'. Do not fall into a false pretence to a title that claims 'Army of Gobaith', or even to a magistrate claiming justification for his violent and murderous actions under the hollow fact, that he claims to be a vessle for the Gods punishment; who would use torture by means of punishment for criminals, one would question how this could be used in poor taste. But none of this matters. What matters, is the innocent people that are harmed because of foolishness.

For all his faults however, Elijah is not a touch on the magistrate. He merely pulls the strings here and there, making deals with criminals, and giving the go ahead to assassinations. The magistrate, if one were to take their memory back, arrived on this island with his brother for the soul purpose of causing harm, acting as assassins and 'punishing' those they deemed, 'heretics'. A murderer, the man has formed a facade of reason and justice, yet one would be wise to judge a man by his actions, and not his position.. Which brings us to General Orteg.

Orteg, Kar'armak's 'right hand man', a self proclaimed paladin of Malachin; this fine 'General', can be linked to several scenes of assault linked to, and being claimed to be acts undertaken by the LBA. Evidence leads to one of them being a woman; one who is good hearted, and a good friend of mine... Evidence has also been acquired, that this 'Orteg' fellow, attacked an elfess of the tinechor for the simple fact she was present combating 'his' demon skeletons, who bide in the lair beneath the crypt. This man, who I dare say can spell his own name, should neither be trusted within a government, let alone a representative of the fair island of Gobaith! Which begs the question of who pulls the strings. Kar'armak has quite the apprentice, doesn't he?

Now, what of myself? Jefferson Gray, a 'bandit'. Though the title is rather modest and amusing, I find it to be somewhat ignorant. I do quite prefer cultist, or something interesting that has atleast a ring to it like that, ye know? Nonetheless, I have always been a believer in actions speak louder than transparent words.

And thus, brings us to the part you have all been waiting for. A stipulation, If you will.

In the matter concerning fairness, if the government of Trollsbane is willing to accept it's guilt, have mister Varrin resign, release Orteg from his position, and reopen for elections in so that the people of bane establish their own government, then they need not worry about further opposition.

However, if denied, I welcome all those who will stand with me to instigate a revolution. The month of Naras will soon be upon us. The great month of Nargun. The days of storm!

Good day, and good night.

~Jefferson Gray<>~
Overlord of Chaos, or something similar.
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

On one of these particular trees, one may notice a distinctly different message.

Be greeted citizens of Gobaith,

You know, I can write endlessly on this subject and dispel any of this senseless recycled blabber that I'll continue to be able to out wit, for the man clearly lacks the intelligence to create a smear campaign that focuses on more then a few talking points. Not to mention he continues to fail to give us, the people of Gobaith, facts. I believe that's what you could call me, a man who doesn't hide behind ill fated words and insults, as well as fabrications to sway the opinions of my peers. Either way, Mister Gray, I'm quite delighted in your sudden increased interest in my reign. You rather remind me of myself as a young one, always on the wrong side of the law and feeling as though I needed to get to greener pastures to achieve some sort of "legacy".

So, instead of speaking through displays of "smokes and mirrors" as you do, I'll cut straight to the facts. Mister Edric Galthor was the man who gave me my position upon this island. If it weren't for him, I'd be nothing right now. Just another face in the crowd, a much quieter and less annoying version of you, you might say. Meaningless. My affiliation to his assassination was merely being in attendance, along with others that day. As for your affiliation, Mister Gray, what could be said of it? Aeris, the bastard who killed my good friend and buried him in an early grave, was a known and factual colleague of yours on two levels. One being your known and ever present link to the temple and two being your mutual involvement with the Netharian cult.

So, if you're able to do basic arithmetic, which I'm sure you have one member in your lot who can explain this for you... you, not I, have three facts that link you to the assassination of Mister Galthor. See, I'm guessing this could be a gross overstatement in my book, for you clearly lack the fundamentals to truly pull off such a feat on your own, but if you link all those chinks of the armor together, they can only form one idea. You were, and still are hungry for the seat of Bane. Either this is because of your Master in the temple has appointed you as the next bastard who tries to take control of Bane in your order, or you simply are a weakly willed ambitious soul who has allusions of grandeur.

Either way, your actions against me since the onset of my administration seems to point to your attempt to gain control of Troll's Bane upon Edric's death (which you were most certainly and factually apart of)being stifled by my political rise, and therefore you've been grasping at loose straws in an attempt to gain that foothold again. It's quite obvious, and I'm hoping I'm not the only one who can see that. The only problem is, I promised that dying man that I wouldn't allow his death to be in vain to allow such thrash as yourself, a criminal and vermin to gain control of the Town. The last words a dying man, the last breath he had to take, was pleading with someone to prevent you from taking control of a Town. That says a lot about your character, eh?

Now, as for your senseless murmurings of my involvement with this LBA that hold little basis other then assumptions, which are based on fabrications conjured by that frail brain of yours. If you really wish to look at facts, Mister Jefferson Gray, you'll see you're clearly outmatched once more. The only known supporter of this LBA, which if you were unable to read my answer to your message a few dwarven weeks ago (which must have embarrassed you so badly you didn't even dare to reply to me) was a man who you supported. Anyone who is knowledgeable in the ways of the Island can gain access to the information that I am stating, unlike the accusations you make against my person.

You supported Bernie Bottoms who was going to use the LBA to assassinate me, bribing them with an offer to make himself the leader of the town if they killed me. What else would this LBA get? Why, they'd become a central part of the Troll's Bane economy and have their entire base in our fair city of Troll's Bane. Not only would Bernie be guarded by thugs such as yourself, but our guildhall would not be filled by craftsman and hard working citizens, but bandits who you use as a smear campaign against me, when you would have supported a man who would have them not just on our very door step, but in our daughter's beds. I truly am enjoying your logic, Mister Jefferson Gray.

What is this now? You have an argument? You didn't know? Of course not. Wait, you did? So you were going to allow the LBA to take out me, because you knew that you didn't have the political savvy to take me down (as you are showing now, with an offensive campaign) and knew that Bernie would be a lesser target? Oh, that's such a great excuse my friend. Except the fact that it would be almost entirely impossible to take down the LBA once they were sharing your bed. So, let's say I humor you and play the hypothetical game. Let's say that I am some shadowy member of this LBA. In my administration, the LBA have no power in Bane. Under your administration, there would be two assassinations of Troll's Bane leaders in two weeks, a civil war, and massive involvement of LBA within our town. Not too mention our next leader would be a Temple member and a former Netharian cultist (who was bent on destroying Bane, must you not forget.)

There is another fact I wish to give to the people of Gobaith. It's the fact that there are known LBA members in your midst now, including one certain girl who made your entire meeting public and known to everyone by posting similar messages around the island as you've done now. And don't play the innocent game either, everyone knows you've spent a large amount of your time lately in the valley of Kumdah. As for my "congregation", I'm sure you can take everyone in your group and compare them to the members of my guard and "My Army bent on Gobaith conquest" and the records and levels of moral character would be distinctly different. And no, I'm not complementing you.

So listen, I have two options for you Mister Jefferson Gray. You may walk into town, you may kneel on your knees before me, with the entire citizen base of Troll's Bane behind the spectacle and apologize for all the damage you "could" have caused if you actually had some talent in those bones of yours. Now, if you do not wish to do this and take the other route, then be all means, I'm inviting you to do so. Go ahead and attack if you wish. Hell, I'm not even confident enough to say that my side will come out on top. But know this, Mister Jefferson Gray, Troll's Bane will not be bated into the offensive. You are the aggressors and the evil "vermin" trying to grab something with force that people have worked for.

Have you stopped and asked the citizen base if they dislike me? Have you stopped and asked the people of Gobaith if they don't wish to have me as Governor? Or do you already know the outcome to such peaceful reasoning? Go ahead and make up as many excuses as you like to try to make me look like the criminal, and not yourself, but I'm sure no one but your bandit and criminal friends will follow you should you win. Since when, Mister Gray, have I stifled attempts for peaceful resolutions to my "tyrannic and predatory" rule? Honestly? What has Mister Varrin done wrong in terms of actual Governing? Can you give me any facts or is your entire argument going to continue to be based on fabrications?

I'll welcome any ideas to peacefully remove me from power if the citizen base is unhappy with me, or any peaceful insults against my rule. I've never shown that this wasn't the case. You're sudden attempt to wage war against the Government only proves that you're in it for the power, and not for the so called "safety" of the citizens of Troll's Bane. You've made not one attempt at a peaceful resolution.

And aye, your cliche and humorous title is quite right. A violent disturbance or upheaval is most assuredly coming to the fair city of Bane. A storm that will try to fetch the claws of freedom and impose old ideals that didn't work and make Troll's Bane the battleground of egocentric minds and power struggles. The People of Troll's Bane are who I care about, and as long as they are with me, in some form or another, it is my duty to dissolve such threats to their integrity.

Thank you,
Elijah Varrin
Factual man
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

A further message is placed upon this particular tree.
Elijah,

As much as it tickles me to read your prompt reply, I am afraid you are mistaken on many points. For one, the reason I did not reply to you in the first instance, was simply because your pathetic excuses held many pot holes, and I was rather quietly confident that any fool could see right through your deception. Best friends with a criminal? Declaring that you, yourself, "used to" stray always on the wrong side of the law; claiming that 'I' remind you, of yourself? Why don't you keep digging your shallow grave, mister Varrin, it amuses me to no end. I may be no better in many respects, but I am not the corrupt governor basking in the center piece of this island, in which we happen to both live.

I would also be interested to see were you aquire your 'facts' of my involvement with the Netharian cult. I was merely in attendance for some rituals, overlooking with interest. Infact, if you had any idea of what you were talking about, you would realize that to legitimately be granted membership, one had to drink the blood of the demi-goddess. And I for one, did not. As for my affiliation with the temple, I am sure if you rummage through past writings, you will infact see that I openly condemned the old workings of the temple. To view the temple as being 'evil' these days is vastly out of touch with reality. You know, just like your government. I would infact be more than happy to sit and hear of any 'evil' the temple has bestowed upon Gobaith within the past few years. Serving Mandrel and the eight was different, however. I owed Mandrel my life, as it was he that gave it to me. I served my purpose and one may find, I did not kill a single innocent person.

I feel I should also clear up the fact, that I do not care for taking the role of leadership of Trollsbane. I merely wander, tread where I please, and watch the many happenings of this island. You know, perhaps you can call me a seer of sorts. My main concern about yourself, is that you hold the most powerful position on this island, and are using it ideologically for self publication, aswell as self justification. Most of which you have introduced to the laws and land, removes basic freedoms, and almost resembles a privatized prison, with fanatical religious based views. But do not get such a big head, Varrin. You are merely part of the problem. Your fall is inevitable. As have been for many others like you before. It is others who provide you with power that remain as the main catalyst to this tale. .

You may slander my words, or rather 'assumptions' as much as you like. But I have spoken with many victims, and witnesses, who will ofcourse be kept anonymous. Wouldn't want them locked up for treason now, would we? But I digress, I think we can all agree at this stage, in these days, that the LBA is a name that merely offers anonymity to those who commit a crime. Bernie was merely a scapegoat to cover your tracks and portray an elaborate sequence of events, in doing so. What a hero you are.

As for this certain girl you speak of, she tells me you have been in contact with her via dove? How strange indeed. She also claimed to be ignorant to the fact that her friend was Lieutenant snake. And you know, I believe her. But you see, Lieutenant snake is no good at secrets. I know for a fact, so much so, that I am willing to bet my life on it (and in a respect one may say I am), that the army, 'your' army in itself is connected to the this LBA. A 'certain elven male' (girl in questions friend), was a guard, remember? As I say again, one, "Lieutenant snake". Fascinating that Trollsbane played ignorant also to this fact, for the mere reason that he was/ is a guard. But then, you decided later to jail him, which I found quite interesting. didn't you? Because you wanted said 'girl'that 'I have in my midst' detained. If Lieutenant snake played ball, you would drop his crimes. Which brings me back to the whole point of seperation between the LBA members. Also interesting that, "Lieutenant snake", or whomever we shall call this elf with many names, "him", was jailed only days after I made it public my dislike for your 'reign'. And then his friend requests my help? Doves.. Friends.. Enemies.. Pulling at hairs here? Is this coincidence? I am never one to fall blindly into a poorly structured trap. But I guess it doesn't really matter. "Lieutenant snake" approached me in Trollsbane, shortly after I sent the LBA a letter to request a meeting with their leader, to which he replied, and confronted me about it in Trollsbane, shortly before being lead away by Sirth to gain a jail key. "Lieutenant snake" will be kept anonymous for the time being, because to be honest publicly displaying him isn't really to my interest.

So then, To the matter at hand. It appears you have declined our previous offer, in anycase. So be it.

~<>
Last edited by Kugar on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

((double post fail))
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted once more,

If I'm digging my own grave by comparing my youth to yourself, then by all means, would that not mean the same for you? That's quite contradictory, my friend. Even you don't seem to hold much confidence in your social and moral background, seeming as how you hardly defend it and use it as a indirect insult to myself. As for my fabricated corruption that you continue to prick upon the skin of Gobaith, until hopefully it'll become a cut that oozes a major propaganda victory on your part, you've still yet to answer my question.

If I am so corrupted that Troll's Bane currently resides in a more peaceful situation then it was when I came here (fighting against the likes of you and the rest of your cronies, no less), why would you support a halfling such as Bernie who would have it stocked to the brim with bandits and temple members?

As for your senile and deflated comments on your involvement within Netharia, I doubt this very seriously. I don't doubt for one moment that even if you did not drink the blood of Netharia, that with your ties to her and those meetings, as well as the Temple that you did not know about the assassination plot on Edric Galthor before hand. So, again I will purpose a small question to you.

In your glorious omnipotence, why didn't you let the Town of Troll's Bane know of this attempt? Better yet, if you wish to deny the fact that you were aware, why didn't you let Troll's Bane know any information on the plans of Netharia? You said yourself that you were present at the meetings, surely if you care so lovingly for Troll's Bane, as you seem to display signs of now, you would be informing a scrambling Governor such as Edric, and later me as I gained office? I do believe I never received a dove. You were too busy watching my every step and making declarations that you were going to eventually murder me.

This magnanimous public gesture of a mondain and suddenly soft sided Temple that you seem to wish to paint couldn't be farther from the truth. Even if I'm to humor you once more and agree that the temple is not as evil as some people wish to have it painted, your actions as well as the actions of the last Archduke of your group, Joxia Doral stand to attest to crimes against the Town of Troll's Bane. You support a group, as well as are involved in a group who stole the entire treasury from the town of Troll's Bane and left it without much of a financial existence for many months, something that was just recently remedied under my administration (a sudden surplus of honest money that I made through hard work in the best interest of the town).

So Mister Jefferson Gray, what have you to say against that simple fact? Why do you support a group who took the entire treasury away from the town you're so willfully rushing to attack? Is this not contradictory? I've made money for the town in more ways then one, you on the other hand probably get paid with the stolen money from months back.

It's quite ineffable how someone could continue to write messages as you do, seeming as you continue to "bury" yourself in a bigger hole that you claim I am doing. Your fallible attempts to fabricate your way into office is quite laughable on the contrary my friend. Your small attempt at a response to my message presented in a way that was meant to be pernicious gave me another reason to utter a laugh. So instead of having to read your barking and the foul acrid breath that accompanies it, I shall propose even more questions. Of course, knowing you, you'll return with some message that continues to throw the same lies at us and divert our attention away from the questions.

Is it not true that you have not tried to gain a peaceful resolution to my rule before starting this great expedition of freedom?

And don't give me the answer that this is the attempt, for threatening with war and death is not that answer. You stated that you did not have any need for the position as Governor of Troll's Bane. You seem to be repeating me, my friend, for I too have little need for the position nor actual desire to claim it. In person, I greet myself as Elijah and like it best if my citizens call me as such. You'll probably make a point of asking me how I could be Governor if I have no desire for the position. I have no desire for the power, but I have the desire to do what's right for the citizen base of Troll's Bane.

If that's stepping down from my position because the citizens do not feel that I am capable, if that's forming an army to take down groups such as yourself, or paying off bastards such as yourself to keep them from attacking my people, then I do that. Is that truly corrupt? Protecting my citizens? I've came through and signed contracts with a large majority of my citizen base, I've created an army to defend my people, I've rebuilt the defense of our fair town, I've cut back on random raids of bandits, I've made a document that protects the future Governmental security of Troll's Bane, and I've restored Troll's Bane back to a fashionable little abode of freedom for it's citizens.

Again, I've never stated that I would jail people for treason if they wished to "overthrow" me on my seat. The only problem that is facing me when I discuss this, is that only evil people such as yourself and Bernie have been the ones to attempt it. Do you honestly think I'm going to succumb and allow a so called peaceful resolution (such as war on your side and an attempted assassination on my life by Bernie) to go unanswered without a cry of treason? If a peaceful 'revolt' of citizens were to come along, then by all means, I'd step down.

Outside of my supposed corruption, what have I done wrong in terms of actual governing?

Have I not been a relatively active and prolific public Governor? Look back at the past Government heads and compare the level of sweat that they placed into their time as Governor and then compare that to mine. The stacks of parchments that would rest on that scale with the name Elijah Varrin would far out weigh the others.

Once you come into Bane with your army and attack the town you wish to overtake, what are your plans? A democratic revolution imposed on citizens who have up to this point, not cried for such?

Let me add another question to the above one: What is the main focus of a democratic government, other then the obvious and cliche answer of "freedom for everyone to gain a Governmental position". Is this really the case, Mister Jefferson Gray? No, not at all. History is one my favorite subjects, my friend for it's something that repeats itself if people do not adhere to the words that it installs for us. These words are warning us to go on a different path and to learn from our mistakes. I've learned from them, Mister Gray. You don't seem to have learned anything from the past. Democratic elections in the town have led to tyrant leaders, as well as a large crop of people such as the Rothmans and temple members of Edward (who created a system that was allowed by such elections that took the entire base of rights away from the citizens) gaining control of the town because of false lies and buying votes.

Democracy breeds corruption and you intend to bring it right to our doorstep.

Have you spoken to the citizens of Troll's Bane about what they think about replacing a supposedly so corrupt Governor (me) with a regime of bandits and temple members?

Do I honestly even have to add any commentary here?

Will you attack the town again once the Temple seizes control and goes through with plans to use Troll's Bane as a battering ram against it's enemies, and when it fails, it'll pitch the town and it's people off (while stealing it's treasury) like a whore it doesn't care for?
Since you are on such a large vendetta of care for the town of Troll's Bane, will you go bow down on your kneels in front of your master and beg for the treasury that is rightfully Bane's?
Will you apologize to the children of mine who will lose a father should you be successive in an aggressive attack, which could have easily been settled in a peaceful manner?
What will you install to keep corruption out of Troll's Bane, instead of the tired old system of democracy that I've already made clear does not work (especially against corruption)?
Were you even aware of the ample and simple fact that I was leaning towards retiring from my duties once I signed the document "The Articles of Troll's Bane"? The only reason I still stay in power is for the future safety and security of Troll's Bane, which is only farther complicated by your existence?

Please do us all a favor and compare your regime with the LBA (even though your regime has members of the LBA). The LBA has not to this point (unless you want to allude to the facts that they attacked me and the elder of Vanima once, and worked with you and Bernie to have me assassinated) tried a full scale invasion of the Town. Yet, this is what your attempting. Which is the lesser of the two evils?
In conclusion, I expect a prompt response to these questions, my friend as I'm sure all others who read it are salivating at your kind, choice words and articulate and well crafted sentences.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Factual Man
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

S'rrt walks around noticing the tree and the parchments pinned on it. He lifts a brow, taking a step closer soon dismissing the thought of reading the whole thing: "Sstrange way of discussing thingss."
Netsirk

Post by Netsirk »

Milly walks by with her little sack, bending over to pick a rock out of her shoe she notices a piece of parchment on the ground and picks it up. Upon looking at the page she looks up with a confused look and notices letters placed on the trees around.
"Hmm this one must belong here."
She points at the tree in front of her as she mumbles to herself.
She then places the page back on the tree, cocks her head to one side and scratches her temple.
"I wish I could read"
She says as she picks an apple and walks away, taking a bite out of it.