Translators // Übersetzer

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Felbion Lijawyn

Translators // Übersetzer

Post by Felbion Lijawyn »

A parchment has been pinned on the walls of several of the big Towns on Gobaith

People of Gobaith,

it appears to me, that there are several problems when it comes to understanding one an other on this island. People from all over Illarion gather on this beautiful island and bring with them their native languages. Of course most of us are well capable of speaking the common language, but even within that, there are differences: The old and new common language. Now, even though some news are very important and well worth it to be spread in both, the new and the old language, it is just not possible for some of the Towns- and Guildleaders to translate theirs. Therefor, I would like to ask every person capable of speaking both common languages to contact me for we shall found a Guild that will offer its services as translators and interpreters to anyone for reasonable prices.

~Felbion Lijawyn

------------------------------

Ein pergamtn wurde an die Wände von einigen der größeren Städte und Gilden gehängt.

Leute von Gobaith,

mir scheint als gäbe es einige Probleme mit der Verständigung untereinander auf dieser insel. Wesen aus ganz Illarion sammeln sich hier und bringen ihre Muttersprachen mit. Natürlich sind die meisten von uns in der Lage die Handelssprache zu sprechen, doch selbst von dieser gibt es zwei Arten: Die alte und neue Handelssprache. Obwohl einige Nachrichten sehr wichtig sind und es wert wären, in beiden Sprachen verbreitet zu werden, ist es manchen Anführern von Städten und Gilden schlicht nicht möglich ihre Texte zu übersetzen. Deswegen möchte ich alle der neuen und alten Sprache mächtigen Leute bitten, sich bei mir zu melden, auf dass wir eine Gilde gründen, die ihre Dienste als Übersetzer und Dolmetscher für alle zu vernünftigen Preisen anbieten.

~Felbion Lijawyn

------------------------------

Freiwillige / Volunteers:

-Felbion Lijawyn
-Sir Bregor
-Shessidyr
-Ilkim Oezlem
-Daisy Littlefoot
Last edited by Felbion Lijawyn on Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Bregor Ayun

Post by Bregor Ayun »

Seid gegrüsst Herr Lijawyn!

Ich, Sir Bregor Ayun von der Ritterschaft von Gobaith, würde gerne meine Dienste als Übersetzer eurer Gilde zur Verfügung stellen. Ich habe auf dem Festland extensive Studien in der neuen und der alten Sprache betrieben, und da es hier auf Gobaith anscheinend einen großen Bedarf an Übersetzern zwischen alter und neuer Sprache zu geben scheint, habe ich mich entschieden trotz etwas eingeschränkter Zeit mein Wissen der Allgemeinheit zur Verfügung zu stellen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Sir Bregor

--------

Be greeted Mr. Lijawyn!

I, Sir Bregor Ayun from the Knighthood of Gobaith, would like to offer my services as a translator to this new guild of yours. During my time on the mainland I did extensive studies in both the new and old language, and due to the obvious need in translators between the new and old language I decided, despite somewhat limited time, to make my knowlege available to the general public.

With friendly Greetings

Sir Bregor
Felbion Lijawyn

Ich werde die Namen der freiwilligen vorerst hier auflisten, aufdass wir uns wenn sich eine gewisse Anzahl an Personen gefunden hat zusammensetzen und eine Gildengründung besprechen können.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I will note tne names of all volunteers down here for now. Once we have gathered enough people, we shall meet up and discuss the formation of a guild.

~Felbion Lijawyn
Shessidyr

Post by Shessidyr »

Seid mir gegrüßt, Herr Lijawyn.

Einst tätig an einer Burg unter der Hand meines Meisters, lernte ich mich in der neuen Sprache zu artikulieren sowohl diverse Schriftstücke zu erstellen oder zu übersetzen. Auf dieser Insel sehe ich derzeit einen großen Bedarf darin die Kommunikation beider Sprache zu unterstützen und somit möchte ich euch meine Dienste als Übersetzer für eure neue Gilde anbieten.

~Shessidyr~

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Be greeted, Mister Lijawyn.

Once working in a castle under the hand of my master, I've learned how to articulate myself in the new language as well as writing diverse papers or translating them either from new to old, or vice versa. It is obvious that this isle is in the need of support in the communication between the old and the new language, thus I'd like to offer you my services as a translator for your new guild.

~Shessidyr~
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Ich bin bereit diese Idee - diese Gilde - durch reich honorierte Aufträge zu unterstützen. Ich habe eine Reihe an thaumathologischen und literarischen Texten, die einer Übersetzung in die neue Handelssprache bedürfen. Antik und oder Elfischkenntnisse sind für die Übersetzungen in meinem Dienste von Vorteil aber nicht zwingend.

~Djironnyma
Felbion Lijawyn

Dear people,

in order to be able to offer perfect service, I would like to ask people who are native to the new language to join our ranks to work as proofreaders for our book- and script translations. That person shall be given full membership to our guild and be paid accordingly.

~Felbion Lijawyn
Littlefoot

Post by Littlefoot »

I would like to help proofread your books. I am a native new language speaker but have had to deal with the old language sometimes in my father's work, so I am very patient and understanding with missed translations and bad grammar. The key is make the text 'flow' so it seems natural. No problem.

I can even help translate small things if needed.

Daisy Littlefoot
Felbion Lijawyn

Since we have now gathered enough people to found our guild, I would like to set up a first meeting to discuss everything important. Therefor I would like to ask everyone who offered their services to contact me with a suitable time so I can arrange everything according to our best interrest.

~Felbion Lijawyn