The Fat Lady Sings

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Grokk

The Fat Lady Sings

Post by Grokk »

Thank you to everyone who has been involved in the Demon Quest. It has been a lot of fun, and really well put together. For me, it has been by far the most interesting time yet in Illarion, and has kept me playing actively these past months.

It is a shame about the vocal minority, who felt the need to attempt to ruin the quest for everyone else. Although perhaps more of a shame is the fact that they were actually listened to.

Most of all, a HUGE thank you to Flux for putting this all together and running it. Really awesome job. Great to have proper quests going on.
Velisai

Post by Velisai »

Amen
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

I wasn't very involved in the quest but really appreciate the time put into it, I hope we have more and wish to thank all that worked so hard for it.

(I want to add I didn't get directly involved with the quest due to RL issues however two of my chars had some very nice RP as a side-effect of it. Again, I hope to see more long quests because they spur incidental and secondary RP.... and hope I can get more involved at that time. )
Last edited by Juliana D'cheyne on Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alli Zelos

Post by Alli Zelos »

Anyone have screenshots they can send me, of the ending? :P It's a shame that I had to miss it, after all of that build up :(

A very big thank you to all GMs involved in the quest, but most of all to Flux. It was all VERY well put together.
Rhombus

Post by Rhombus »

I'm a bit disappointed about the negative reaction to the quest, but those things are expected. I'd like to thank Flux and the other essential members of the quest for putting so much effort into the quest. It was multi-dimensional, and truly a blast. Hope to see more epic quests such as this one; hopefully better received =P.
Sonara Stone

Post by Sonara Stone »

C'mon everyone, lets give a great "less than three" for one of the best GMs!

<3 Flux!!!!
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Sadly that's the way all big quests in Illarion go: People QQ and whienwhien because they think it's wrong/stupid/whatever.

Grats for pulling this off Flux.
Llama

Post by Llama »

How did it end? Someone tell me.
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

How did it go at all? =P
I missed nearly the whole thing. Ah well, hope to be part of the next one!
Gildon

Post by Gildon »

Unfortunately I couldn't make it but I just want to give another post to support the GMs and their quests, wish I could of been there.
Blay

Post by Blay »

The ending was awesome. I was like "oh shit we're idiots" when we were betrayed by the Nocturne :P
Thanks.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Retlak

Post by Retlak »

I really enjoyed the quest for what scenes I did appear for, I played Dowen the big guy.

Did not expect the finale to be so well planned out, all the plot twists taking place and everyone learning the truth by watching the memories of Mandrel the demon. I really want to thank all the players for lining up and sitting silently as if it was watching a movie, that was cool.

Thanks for the amount of time and planning you put into the quest Flux, and I guess all the people who gave negative comments before can't stand anything where they cannot claim glory for themselves.

Hope to see more from you in future.

-Matt
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Retlak wrote: can't stand anything where they cannot claim glory for themselves.
QFT
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

Well peeved i wasn't there. After all that........ D'OH.
Pterry

Post by Pterry »

I'd like to second the Llama's request for a synopsis. In fact, a broad-strokes recounting of the whole quest would be aces. I tried on a couple of occasions (admittedly not very hard) to get in on the action but never figured out a way in.
Rhombus

Post by Rhombus »

I'm not sure how patient all of you are, but what Flux and I were sort of thinking of doing is writing an In Game book about the quest. Sort of what happened through one of his followers perspectives, and what happened through one of the "good guys" perspectives (As there were different mini quests for both sides) for everyone to read; just so that things are cleared up. OR you could just get a summary OOC =P. Up to El Fluxo.
Alli Zelos

Post by Alli Zelos »

Flux made a VERY beautiful book in MS Paint :P He should share.
Pterry

Post by Pterry »

I can wait. No hurry. Thanks!
Flux

Post by Flux »

Okay, I've made a rather nice folder that tells the whole story in MS paint, a synopsis in text, which includes all the little extra bits, like how the plot changed along the way and various easter eggs from the quests, whether it be.. *ahem* "Char concepts", screenshots, pictures of maps etc.

If you can't open it, you need WinRAR or 7-Zip or something. These programs are free (and if you don't have them you really should)

The synopsis is a text document made with Open Office. If you can't run it, go and get Open Office. It's like Microsoft Office but free.

Also, I accidentally left page 18 in there. It was replaced with pages 18.1, 18.2 etc. because I decided to draw it all eventually. It's the same deal with page 19. You may as well delete them.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fm6nlo
Alli Zelos

Post by Alli Zelos »

^ Brilliant.

Totally incomprehensible.

But brilliant. :P
Flux

Post by Flux »

It's.. sort of incomprehensible for a reason :P .

But the main document explains it clearly I think.

Although it doesn't explain any of the portions of the quest, just the backstory. So, unfortunately, you're going to have to FOIG if you want to know properly what happened when collecting the elements :P
Blay

Post by Blay »

omfg the quest folder is awesome!
Thrym

Post by Thrym »

Bahahahahah! Yup. Pretty much sums it up.

Who's the nice-looking black blob? My, my.
Flux

Post by Flux »

An enlightened llama in love:
*You should have done an "I'm on a boat!" reference
Damn, how did I not think of that?!
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Flux

Post by Flux »

I lol'd at the bee. So random.
Thrym

Post by Thrym »