Hotkey for picking

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Rafael

Hotkey for picking

Post by Rafael »

As we have hotkeys for using, magic and attacking, a hotkey that makes you pick (or drop, depends on where you point) the item after clicking a certain button and then making left click would make life more easy for people with tendency to lag. In case someone tells me that the basic keys for that are used (shift, control, alt) my second idea is a key (example, p) that makes you pick the object in front of you.
That's all, discuss
Flux

Post by Flux »

(Psst, none of the main keyboard keys can be used for hotkeys because they're used for typing...)

Personally I don't see a point in that, especially as there's the main problem of: What key are you going to use?
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

GUI of the Illarion client will be changed. No CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-DEL-like combinations will be necessary for such simple tasks as picking up an item. Can't say what exactly will be realised, but all this is "work in progress".
Rafael

Post by Rafael »

I do thank you Estralis, though my solutions were not well though, my point was just to note that the picking sistem takes too much time and can be a pain for players with slow computers.
That be, I appreciate the quick answer