Item Quality

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Korwin

Item Quality

Post by Korwin »

Does perception affect perceived item quality in any way? Is my character seeing the true quality/wear of an item when I view it, or a rough approximation of what it really is? Will different characters see an item as having different levels of quality/wear?
Athian

Post by Athian »

As far as i know perception does effect your ability to judge the quality of an item by eye. If you want to get a gauge on the difference between your perception and an items actual quality try looking at the item then looking at it again with a mirror in hand. The mirror should show the exact quality of the item (or close to it).
Flux

Post by Flux »

I always wondered. If you have a bad mirror is it completely useless by its very nature?
Athian

Post by Athian »

Heck if I know :wink:

I guess you could use an excellent mirror on a average quality mirror and a bad quality mirror on the average quality mirror and see if there is any difference between any combination of the three.
Blay

Post by Blay »

The quality of the mirror is not used (it does not even have any).
Mesha

Post by Mesha »

Athian wrote:Heck if I know :wink:

I guess you could use an excellent mirror on a average quality mirror and a bad quality mirror on the average quality mirror and see if there is any difference between any combination of the three.
Oh my god, Illarion science! I love, I love! <3
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

BUT HOW WOULD YOU KNOW IF THAT'S THE TRUE QUALITY OF THE MIRRORS?!

Sealamin Pegason

Post by Sealamin Pegason »

Karl wrote:

BUT HOW WOULD YOU KNOW IF THAT'S THE TRUE QUALITY OF THE MIRRORS?!

MY MIND IS BLOWN.

Mesha

Post by Mesha »

Tee hee! Anyway, I believe the question is answered:
As far as i know perception does effect your ability to judge the quality of an item by eye. If you want to get a gauge on the difference between your perception and an items actual quality try looking at the item then looking at it again with a mirror in hand. The mirror should show the exact quality of the item (or close to it).
Mesha