Hurr-hurr. The Very Big Update:

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Jerico Aslaniz

Hurr-hurr. The Very Big Update:

Post by Jerico Aslaniz »

Probably a stupid, already covered topic that I have yet to find.

Simple, not much to explain further what the question truly is besides this:

What is coming out in the VBU?

--Notably, I don't need every available detail if you can provide. I was just wondering what a brief overview of it is to get excited about it. :lol: --
Grokk

Post by Grokk »

Uh oh.
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

I hear they're implementing tobacco.
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

rakust dorenstkzul wrote:I hear they're implementing tobacco.
Oh no! How will we all mock suggestions we know that we know will likely not happen?!
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Does anyone remember the days when you had to wait 2 years for an update?
And the update consisted of new server code that made the game crash twice every hour?

The VBU will literally reinvent almost every aspect of illarion.

Problem is, no-one's saying what will come with it because we know what a tantrum some few in the community will throw to ANY and EVERY single proposed change. Regardless of quality, quantity or any other metaphysical measure of value. Therefore, you get told nothing.
Jerico Aslaniz

Post by Jerico Aslaniz »

Well, that sums it up quite well. :lol:

The second paragraph makes me excited already.

Well, thanks ladies and gentlemen for the comments, no matter how short or pointless. :)

-Jerico
Alli Zelos

Post by Alli Zelos »

I hope I can still play it with horrid graphics settings. :O
Loophole

Post by Loophole »

hrm it wastes about 20 rand an hour on my phone to play wow... I hope illa doesnt become like that... Also if there become high graphic and 3d or some crack like that then emotes wont be as fun :?
Sonara Stone

Post by Sonara Stone »

There will be paperdolling. But my question is: With the amount of underage players you cant do nudity.. so what will show on the paperdolling for the chars going Au Naturel?
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Sonara Stone wrote:so what will show on the paperdolling for the chars going Au Naturel?
That should be interesting to find out! :wink:
Mesha

Post by Mesha »

People will finally see that all their characters have been spayed and neutered, and unable to pee throughout their lifetime.

=O !
Llama

Post by Llama »

rakust dorenstkzul wrote:I hear they're implementing tobacco.
*pushes him against a wall and shines a light on his face*

Who told you that!? Confess!
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

Mesha wrote:People will finally see that all their characters have been spayed and neutered, and unable to pee throughout their lifetime.

=O !
I'd always kind of suspected it anyway.
Netsirk

Post by Netsirk »

Dude...just smoke some weed, play the game, let the devs do their job..... if it bothers you THAT much then you A. need to smoke more weed or B. need to quit

Im supprised they havent cancelled the VBU cause of all the bitching "let me see it let me see it"

I bet If I hold out two cookies and say "I will give you one now and one in five minutes....now you can either have one now or have this one in five minutes with the other one"
You would want it right then wouldnt you?....they are wanting to give us BOTH cookies at once so we will enjoy it better.....
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Actually, we are currently baking the cookies.

What will be included in detail, well, lots of stuff. But we still have a long way to go and developing things also means that they are not yet developed ;-).

So, if you ask what will be included: Whatever we have done until the release date.
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

and when is the release date? waaaiiiiiiiiiit...lemme guess "it will come when it comes" riiiiight? >,<
Llama

Post by Llama »

Olaf Tingvatn wrote:and when is the release date? waaaiiiiiiiiiit...lemme guess "it will come when it comes" riiiiight? >,<
*gives him a cookie*
Estralis Seborian

Olaf Tingvatn wrote:"it will come when it comes"
The release date of this update is 'When it's done'. Anything else, and we mean anything else is someone's speculation. There is no date. We don't know any date. If you have a friend who claims they have 'inside info', or there's some game news site, or some computer store at the mall who claims they know – they do not. They are making it up. There is no date. Period.
Grim_banned

Post by Grim_banned »

Estralis Seborian wrote:The VBU is a lie to manipulate the masses. Repent now!
Flux

Post by Flux »

Mesha wrote:People will finally see that all their characters have been spayed and neutered, and unable to pee throughout their lifetime.

=O !
Why do you think noone rps going to the toilet and cybering is banned? It doesn't fit with the Illarion background!
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

But we have the noob trapping toilet of doom just south of TB!
Flux

Post by Flux »

That's not a toilet at all, it's a noobus flytrap.
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

This thread reminds me so much of every single publicized Illarion update I've been around for. It makes me feel strangely fuzzy inside. I think its the feeling that something is going to happen that absolutely no one outside the "inner circle" is going to be happy about. And that, in turn, makes me feel both nostalgic and giddy in an equally strange way.

Also: I KNEW there was a reason I had to submit that approval form for genitalia!
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

I think loads of people will like it, and I think it will do wonders for the population of players too. There's just always those few who will bitch about it regardless.
Estralis Seborian

OK, now I want to reveal something to you; the driving forces behind this update have nothing to do with the 'old' inner circle. The staff has changed, just take a look at the list of GMs and developers NOW, compared to the time of the updates you obviously disliked. Most probably, you are referring to updates years ago. Most of the ones who work for this update were not even players back then!

The new evil establishment, of course, still does everything to scare away as many players as possible... Not really. The update will break the tradition of small, inane updates that have the goal to prevent player behaviour XYZ or enforce 'realistic' action ABC. The only motivation for this update is: Make Illarion fun (again)! It is commonly accepted within the staff that Illarion in its current state is not fun (enough). There are countless small fun spoilers as well as big fun spoilers. We know about them, we are/were all players ourselves.

But if you already considered now that you won't like the update, without seeing ANY element of it EVER, well, then you should take your consequences. Now.

Other than that; if you want to contribute to making Illarion a better game, click the link below:

http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=33074
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

I have a lot of high hopes for when the VBU is finally ready, sure. I am just reminded of the long-term updates of the past that had threads like these and the effect that a lot of hype (brought about by the playerbase itself) had on the community. The inner circle as I referred to it was not specifically a comment about the old staff. Things are much different now, for sure. Things have changed to the point where I am relatively (if not largely) out of touch with many things in the game and community, but some of the stuff I see reminds me of the old days in an amusing way.

Didn't quite mean to come off as a grumpy old man (this time). Sorry if there was confusion.
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

I know a few different things that will be implemented but I'm not telling you lot cos I dont like you :)
Sonara Stone

Post by Sonara Stone »

Okay all.. Il spill. Some people who will remain nameless (to prevent them from being nitramified), who had access to the test server, sent me a short video highlighting some of the new graphics for the vbu. Heres a link :arrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HrSN7176XI
Jerico Aslaniz

Post by Jerico Aslaniz »

Well gents, I've cracked a good portion of what will happen in the VBU from previous posts and from this post alone...

Through the power of text analysis.

Thanks for spilling the beans... without spilling the beans!

-Jerico