A sad demise

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Drakon Gerwulf
Developer

A sad demise

Post by Drakon Gerwulf »

As Drakon wakes on the cool spring morning a dove waits for him on the hedge in the main hall, when it sees him it flies to his shoulder and pecks at the small note attached to its leg as though to tell him to hurry and read it. Without delay Drakon's still sleepy eyes and hands fumble with the thread that holds the note to the doves leg.

After removing the note he unfolds it and begins to read it his eyes open wide sleepy no more as he reads the on farther his hand lowers with the note in it and he seems to let the words on the note sink in, slowly a few tears run from his eyes and down his cheek as he moves to the table placing the note down on it he turns and walks away trying to gather himself backup.

Anyone passing by the first table in the main hall just across from the carpentry table will see the note and it reads the words are very fancy and writen in Elven and common.

" Dear people of Tol Vanima I regret to inform you that our sister Khaeos has been killed a band of marauding bandits as they ransacked the Elven village of Caddis where she was staying with us near the Southern Woods on her way to the Crystal woods where she said she was from, she stayed behind so me and my family could flee.

When I last look back she was drawing her swords ready to hold them off from following us she was doing well and was suppose to follow us once we were far enough away but she never came after we were told the bandits were gone we returned home on the way to our house we seen her body laying with the dead.

I could not bring myself to go to her the utter sadness just over whelmed me I asked someone tending to the bodies and they told me the wound she received was fatal almost immediately and she did not suffer. I am sorry to have to write this but I felt it was the least I can do for someone so brave who risked her life to save others.

She has been giving a proper burial and will always be a hero to us even though she was just a simple Elfess and nothing more. She spoke of you and a woman named Mel who were her new family this is why I sent word to you personally.

I am sorry for you loss it is a big one but know she saved my family so you should be proud of her.

Signed

Ehrendil Braegen - Elf of the village Caddis near the Southern woods"