Download Game Here (NOW AVAILABLE)/Installation Instructions

This is a board that contains all informations related to the Illarion spin-off "Legends of Illarion" / Dieses Board enthält alle Informationen bezüglich des Illarion-Ablegers "Legends of Illarion".

Moderators: Dyluck, Developers

Dyluck

Download Game Here (NOW AVAILABLE)/Installation Instructions

Post by Dyluck »

Download Link:

http://rpgmaker.net/games/1150/

Installation Instructions:

1. Download the rar.file and unzip the files. There should be about a dozen folders and a few hundred map files. The folders contains spoilers so don't look.

2. Scroll down to the end of the map files and you should see an icon of a guy holding a sword called RPG_RT.exe, NOT the one called Setup. Double click RPG_RT.exe to begin the game.

3. (Optional) MS Mincho Font is needed to play the game, unless you want to play with a screwy looking font. Windows XP and higher should contain this font already so you don't need to do anything. If not, you may be able to download it here if you need it, but this site belongs to some guy I don't know so download at your own risk.
http://www.wafu.ne.jp/3dlogo/fonts/msmincho.ttf
(Put it in the /Fonts/ subdirectory of your Windows dir) You may have to reboot afterwards.

4. (Non-Optional) Enjoy the game.

Sidenote: (Optional) I believe the Setup icon is only used to create desktop/start menu shortcut. It is not necessary to use this icon, and I don't recommend doing it unless instructed by me, in case it overwrites some of my game's resources or something.

If you click it for whatever reason, follow these instructions:
Select the folder to install the game to. There are also two additional options that can be selected. They are as follows.

-> Create a Start Menu Shortcut: This will allow you to run the game from the programs section of the start menu. If this is not checked, start the game by double clicking RPG_RT.exe in the folder you installed it to.
-> Add Uninstaller: This will allow you to remove the game using add/remove programs in the control panel. If this is unchecked, remove the game simply by deleting the folder.

Click [Begin] and the installation will start. It should be the left button, if the text is messed up. The right button is Cancel.

Gameplay Controls:

Everything is pretty standard console-type rpg controls.

(Up) > [Up arrow key], [K] [8]
(Down) > [Down arrow key], [J] [2]
(Left) > [Left arrow key], [H] [4]
(Right) > [Right arrow key], [L] [6]
(Decision Key/Talk/Examine/Select > [Enter] [Space] [Z]
(Cancel Key Open/Close menu, cancel] > [Esc] [X] [C] [V] (B) [N]

Note: Numbers refer to keypad. I recommend you play with some kind of controller device if you have one, as it will be kinder to your fingers.

[F4]: Toggles between full screen and window mode.
[F5]: Toggles between normal size and double size in window mode. Sometimes, if the game is slowing down, toggling to normal size or vise versa may help.
[F12]: Returns to the title screen. Use this to exit the game at any time, especially if errors prevent you from moving.

Hints:

You have 15 save slots so you should save often in multiple slots in the unfortunate case that bugs or errors prevent you from proceeding, as this is an amateur game after all.

The blue glowing circles on the ground are save points. Stand on them and press the action button to use them.

Buy as many food items as you can with your extra money before venturing out into dungeons. Seriously. You'll need lots of food to survive, as monsters deal a lot of damage, so you'll need to heal up after battles.

If you're stuck at a puzzle, try using Special Menu -> Puzzle Skipper when you're standing near the puzzle. Of course, it's better to post on the board asking for a hint first instead of skipping it =)

Please post all technical questions related to downloading or installing the game in this thread.
Last edited by Dyluck on Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:26 am, edited 8 times in total.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Setup.exe run:

"Cannot read from source file or disk."
"UNLHA32 error report. Archive not found "Legends_of_illarion.lzh""
"?????????????"

The other exe works but it's in a horrible resolution.

Also, you might wanna mirror it at rapidshare/savefile too. If people have problems downloading, they can use freerapid downloader to dl the megaupload files btw.

Anyway, yeah, can you tell me how to change the resolution e.g. in the cfg file, or windowed? I can't play a game in such a low res.

All the backdrops are 320x240 pixels? O_o
Nitram
Developer

Re: Download Game Here (NOW AVAILABLE)/Installation Instruct

Post by Nitram »

Try reading Alex. The answer is there:
Dyluck wrote:[F4]: Toggles between full screen and window mode.
[F5]: Toggles between normal size and double size in window mode. Sometimes, if the game is slowing down, toggling to normal size or vise versa may help.
PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

When i click the link it says its temporarily unavailable.. :?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

There is a limited traffic for each file per day on megaupload.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Unless it's UL'd on a prem account. Someone should mirror it on RS.
Blay

Post by Blay »

Ardian

Post by Ardian »

Azuros

Post by Azuros »

Both rapidshare and megaupload think I'm already downloading a file...and that other link provides me works, but the file only contains image files :S
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

I've uploaded another Rapidshare link myself, it's on the first post of this thread.

Also thanks Adrian, for your upload as well.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

http://www.tiametcomm.com/jonathan/

A third download link has been added on the first post of this thread. Thanks a lot to Youchimitchu for providing the hosting! But do please try to use the other 2 links first if possible, to help save bandwidth.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

http://rapidshare.com/files/233552320/LegendsV2.rar

I have just uploaded the newest version for those who haven't downloaded the game yet. It is also on the first post of this thread. There is no need to download the new version if you already have the first one. There are no major or important changes.

The new version only contains a few minor changes:
-Added Skip Intro option to the beginning
-Fixed small glitch (rare and not game breaking) and a few typos
-Changed one monster's stats

I released this version primarily just for the Skip Intro function, because I have just made my game and Illarion known on an rpgmaker forum. You can read about it here if you like: http://www.gamingw.net/forums/index.php?topic=78919.0
jackreapersam

Post by jackreapersam »

hey i'm np from indonesia. I just download ur game in rpgmaker.net and it's fantastic but when i read ur walkthrough i didn't see dyluck face the vahlurizon or vahlrizon(or evertyhing its name) am i wrong or not??, and the room in western mountain where is it???

i'm sooryy about my bad english
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

jackreapersam wrote:hey i'm np from indonesia. I just download ur game in rpgmaker.net and it's fantastic but when i read ur walkthrough i didn't see dyluck face the vahlurizon or vahlrizon(or evertyhing its name) am i wrong or not??, and the room in western mountain where is it???

i'm sooryy about my bad english
LOLmotherfuckingwut?
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

If you are refering to some elements in the original demo years ago, many things were revised or not included. Specifically, the battle with Valzhurion the water dragon was left out because revisions to the plotline made it incompatible for Dyluck to have the required abilities to fight that battle.
jackreapersam

Post by jackreapersam »

Dyluck wrote:If you are refering to some elements in the original demo years ago, many things were revised or not included. Specifically, the battle with Valzhurion the water dragon was left out because revisions to the plotline made it incompatible for Dyluck to have the required abilities to fight that battle.

how about the exchange quest i'm stuck there u know i already bought thread and have wool but gadriel dont' make cape for me???

bTW can u give me new walkthrough???

sorry my bad english!!!
jackreapersam

Post by jackreapersam »

hi dyluck i want to ask can we buy red potion, food potion, or other potion just like the fruit???
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

The items exchange minigame was removed in the final version. Many items that were part of it are now regular items that can be used in crafting by selecting tools from the item menu (Depot).

Sorry, there is no new walkthrough.

Red Potions and other more advanced healing items will become available to buy as you play through the chapters. You will meet new merchants or old merchants will sell better items.
jackreapersam

help me i'm stuck

Post by jackreapersam »

i'm stuck in chegra temple can u help me!!!!!!!!!!