How to brew a druid knowledge potion

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

Book 2 ;)
Shandariel el Lysanthrai

Post by Shandariel el Lysanthrai »

I wouldn't count too much on those books. A big part of the informations in them are simply wrong. I had to find that out IG. Especially what the books say about the active devices and which function they got. Had to find out that as good as none of them are right :/ .
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

I see.. Some facts are mixed. In work.
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Should be solved now.
Darkshade

Post by Darkshade »

Are we talking ig or non ig books,
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Darkshade wrote:Are we talking ig or non ig books,
Of course, we are talking about the ingame books as introduce of the druidsystem.
H.Banestone

Re:

Post by H.Banestone »

Alexander Knight wrote:What like how to brew a knowledge potion?
Tell you what, why dont we ask what the water of Irundar does next
What the heck -does- it do? I drank it and got no message whatsoever, the only result is my mana bar, spiking up and going right back down, cause I don't have enough essense to have a mana bar. Even if you find the damn potion and drink it ingame, there is no ingame message telling you how your character feels now.
Juliana D'cheyne

Re: Re:

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

H.Banestone wrote:
What the heck -does- it do? I drank it and got no message whatsoever, the only result is my mana bar, spiking up and going right back down, cause I don't have enough essense to have a mana bar. Even if you find the damn potion and drink it ingame, there is no ingame message telling you how your character feels now.
A little offtopic with an old thread :wink: however, the Irundar potion when given to the elf USED to give a "secret" recipee to a potion yet this was before the potions were taken away from druids. After druid magic I am not sure anything has been changed as far as the quest... using the quote of other threads "waiting for the VBU".
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

H.Banestone wrote:

Not the right potion then mate. Druid potion should say "The path to druidism is a long one. There is no turning back now" Or something to that extent. Reuse the bottle and job done. My advice though, try finding a teacher. It's hard going it on your own and you will poison yourselves more times than you care to admit.
Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

Alexander Knight wrote:
H.Banestone wrote:

Not the right potion then mate. Druid potion should say "The path to druidism is a long one. There is no turning back now" Or something to that extent. Reuse the bottle and job done. My advice though, try finding a teacher. It's hard going it on your own and you will poison yourselves more times than you care to admit.
Flux

Re: How to brew a druid knowledge potion

Post by Flux »

It refills all your bars and it does something else, but it isn't something that's immediately obvious to anyone who doesn't have all 3 bars maxed so I won't mention that.
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

Flux wrote:It refills all your bars and it does something else, but it isn't something that's immediately obvious to anyone who doesn't have all 3 bars maxed so I won't mention that.
Is it a positive or a negative effect?
Flux

Post by Flux »

Depends whether you're a good widdle boy.
H.Banestone

Post by H.Banestone »

Grr. Flux, what's the point of having an effect, that you don't tell anyone about, and that is impossible to test, because the game neither provides numbers, nor precise statistics for what things do. An effect no one will ever know? Why even have it if nobody has a chance to find out what it is?
Is it at least a permanent effect, or does it go away after death? I sacrificed my chance to find the druid recipe for a chance to drink that damn bottle of water! :P
Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

If I am right he has given quite obvious hints to what it is :P
Pugnacious

Post by Pugnacious »

For my part and maybe this is just me, I like IG problems to be hard to figure out. I wouldn't change this. But as to another post of Hals, what points to chose during character selection, I do think it should be more open to interpretation. It sucks to get half way advanced in my given training to learn that I have the wrong basic stats to see it through.
Just my two cents.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Useless topic is useless.