How to brew a druid knowledge potion

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Darkshade

How to brew a druid knowledge potion

Post by Darkshade »

Okay i couldnt find anyone to teach me alchemy. so i went deeper into the older posts and found that ANYONE can brew druid knowledge, so could someone please just tell me the ingrediants?
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Now why would anyone tell you that OOCly?

It defeats the whole purpose of it.

Sorry.
Darkshade

Post by Darkshade »

i want some one to tell me ooc because..... NO ONE WILL FECKING TELL ME IG! ((i love saying feck... thanks ser! lol))
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Even if no one will "feckin" tell you ICly, doesn't make it right to metagame and ask for information OOCly for your character to use. Your character doesn't know the information. Even if you know it, shouldn't mean your character does.

You really should read www.digitalkarl.com/roleplay

That's a bannable offense by the way, as far as I know.
Darkshade

Post by Darkshade »

owkay :(.... O.o
Llama

Post by Llama »

Illarion is a co-operative roleplaying game. So talk to others, make friends, don't annoy them, join a guild, experiment on your own.

That's the fastest way to gain anything in this game - as it should be ;)
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Just for the record, I figured out how to brew that potion in <1 min. So, you have a high chance to find it out on your own, but still, it might be much more rewarding to get in contact with other players.
Kappa

Post by Kappa »

Estralis, with your knowledge about Illarion and its mechanics it is much more easy to find it out yourself.
Brewing is easy.. the right recipes arent that easy.

PS: *subscribing at the lama*
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

The druid potion itself isn't a hard potion, trust me :P
Llama

Post by Llama »

Kappa wrote:Estralis, with your knowledge about Illarion and its mechanics
Tehehehehe
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

Dude come on this is getting a bit stupid now.
Metagaming topics by Darkshade wrote:How to brew a druid knowledge potion
mage battlemage warlock
Magic! YAYA
Alchemy Probs
Carpentor Questions
Whispers in my head...
Outlaw Char How to train
Pets and Pregnancys...
Special chars- help
Look, anything to do with the games mechanics and skilling you find out IG. If you have a problem which cannot be solved by some hard work and slight PGing them message a GM.
Tip: Choose a nice one and make friends with them. They will help you out along the way
Protip: Dont choose Zak he got me killed be a newbie :|

Now I'm gonna say this once.

Druid: You have to LEARN from a master, find one and become friends and dont annoy them. dont forget your P's and Q's

Mage: Very hard. Can take up too a RL year to master, even then the training will take 6 months or so before you learn all the spells. Not a good idea if you get bored quickly

Fighting: Train.

You've played for about 2 or 3 months, surely you must of found SOMETHING out about this game no? [/tired-rant]

Edit:
Another Metagaming post wrote:]View newest post He who helps me obtain a big bottle shall be my brother
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Questions about game mechanics should be asked on the forum. And most importantly they should be answered.
Alexander Knight

What like how to brew a knowledge potion?
Tell you what, why dont we ask what the water of Irundar does next
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

You fail to distinguish between mechanics and character knowledge.
Things like how the GUI needs to be used, how to "use" something, how to interact with NPCs, how to cast spells, how to brew, etc.
Things that need not to be answered are questions like: Where is ...? Why is ... ? When is ... ?

But most importantly, you should not be the one to request someone else to be less annoying.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

As far as I can distinguish he isn't asking how the system works, but what's in the potion to turn you into a 'druid'
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

I am not speaking about this specific question at hand, but Alexanders statement that mechanics are not to be asked.
Alexander Knight

Perhaps I should use Skill mechanics. Like
"When carpenting what colour must skill be to make sword handles. Is there a difference between staff handles and Mace handles. What is the first thing i can make with cherry boards and what colour must my skill be to make it."
or
"Hi guys im going to creat a sort of out law charactor. But to do that he`s going to need to build up his stats. But if i have no-one to train with how am I going to build stat"
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

I don't see a problem with answering these questions, because:

a) Its fairly irrelevant knowledge and does not provide you with any advantage to know that you can create item X at level 5 of skill Z.
b) With the shroud of mystery around the attributes and thier direct influences to the character, I am suprised that there are not more discussions about character builds.
c) You can always 'go up a level' and answer the superordinate question like "How do I carpenter?", "How do I train?"

We once were in this ugly pit of "FOIG! Noob!" and with much afford we dragged most board users out of this newbie unfriendly bahaviour.
It would be a shame to return to it.
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

I would think what can/should be allowed as far as questions on the forum versus questioning things in game would be in the wiki. I understand there should be some element of exploration, the excitement of finding things on your own yet enough information not to frustrate a new player that may have trouble finding someone in game to answer.
Alexander Knight

But also not everything should be told. Like the best weapon/armour. What different things do. How to get stuff.
There should be stuff that is hidden and I feel the crafter/magic/druid system is one of them
Alsaya

Post by Alsaya »

I suppose everyone in RL knows how to get some herbs together, trow them in a kettle with some water and stir in them (crude way to make a potion) hence it shouldn't be something that someone should find out for themselves ingame. I won't argue with the recipes but to tell OOC how to actually use the engine should be done without hesitation.

Wouldn't you laugh at someone that came to you and asked you how he gets water in a bucket in RL?
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Alsaya wrote:I suppose everyone in RL knows how to get some herbs together, trow them in a kettle with some water and stir in them (crude way to make a potion) hence it shouldn't be something that someone should find out for themselves ingame. I won't argue with the recipes but to tell OOC how to actually use the engine should be done without hesitation.

Wouldn't you laugh at someone that came to you and asked you how he gets water in a bucket in RL?
He's asking for the recipe Alsaya, not how to mix the ingredients.
Alexander Knight

And if the knowledge potion got out it would honestly be a disaster to the Druid system.

Just like someone swapping the language books *stink eye*
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

Not really...the potion doesn't magically let them know any recipes for anything at all. The only thing that would occur is that characters could get started with the druid system without the need for other druids. Solitary druids would have it a bit easier in terms of getting their first runes, nothing more. This is something I think should be possible.

I support this potion's formula, which does nothing more than allow a character to turn brews into potions (well, that and getting started on the runes), being public knowledge.

It should be in one of the introductory druid books at the druid house I say.
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Oohh.. Now that makes sense.

I didn't understand the question.

Well, I guess a solution should be found for this.

How about removing it completely? As soon as someone guesses any potion's ingredients and does it right, then he gets his first skill and his "druid" skill is activated?
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

Karl wrote: As soon as someone guesses any potion's ingredients and does it right, then he gets his first skill and his "druid" skill is activated?
That's right :)

There's many different ways this potion can be made, so if by random chance someone mixes it and drinks the potion, then they are considered "druids" and can brew actual potions, receive druid runes for their alchemy skill, etc.
Darkshade

Post by Darkshade »

[quote="Kevin Lightdot"]As far as I can distinguish he isn't asking how the system works, but what's in the potion to turn you into a 'druid'[/quote] as far as I know the only way to become an alchemist is to drink this potion. But why would any one need to drink a potion to make potions? I'm not asking to become a druid. I am not asking oog for someone to tell me how to do it or where to get stuff. I just want to know what I need to brew it. O.o ((sorry for being annoying))
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

OK, big hint: The druid potion takes two ingredients. One is a herb. If you consider this, you should be able to figure it out in no time.
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Days ago i changed the wiki a bit. Look here: http://illarion.org/community/wiki/inde ... ruidsystem

Feel free to make additions there, but without to touch ingame secrets like recipes.

But more or less the article should be good enough, to go forward. All technical knowledge you have to know about the druidsystem can be found ingame (any other craftsystem have such support? no :wink:).

Inspecial the knowledge how to start (druidpotion) is coded as riddle in three ingame books in common language. It is not difficult so much. But also all basics of how to brew are written there (good alternative in case that you have no master).
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

Hmm, perhaps it's time I re-read those first three books, as I didn't catch the riddle when I did it ages ago. I'll be sure to check it out!