*A note got pinned BESIDE the information board of the guard

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Shandariel el Lysanthrai

*A note got pinned BESIDE the information board of the guard

Post by Shandariel el Lysanthrai »

*this note got ripped down*
Last edited by Shandariel el Lysanthrai on Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aeeriss

Post by Aeeriss »

*The note is torn down, and replaced by the following:*

We are in the process of drafting a code of conduct. I am also in the process of training our guards. However, I've held the position of Lieutenant for a day. Give me time, and things will change. If you have questions relating to the events which occured earlier, send me a dove, or seek me out in town.

-Aeris, Lieutenant of the town guard
Shandariel el Lysanthrai

*An exact copy of the ripped down note gets pinned right under the one of Aeris*

I am sure those who read your message paper will be interested to read also the message yours were referring too. Also, I am pretty sure the salkamaerian government won't be interested in removing the opinion and the free words of a salkamaerian citizen and hiding it from others. Since this would pretty much be against anything the salkamaerian Realm stands for.

So here is the original paper:

Udan Trollbane removed from his duty as a guard a few hours after he got hired as one? That must have been the shortest duty time ever of a "guard".

But honestly, I would like to see less chaos and confusion in a salkamaerian governed town. With situations like this, Trollsbane has to be ashamed when being compared to the salkamaerian settlements on the mainland. As much as this hurts me to write.

I do hope situations like this will be handled more ordered and disciplined in the future. I know that Trollsbane is capable of that.

Maybe the guards, which seem to be hired mercenarys mostly, could be trained in the salkamaerian code of conduct and discipline. This would also improve the picture the guard and the town gives to the other settlements and those who may have criticisms for the current Trollsbane.

Sincerly,

~The Wandering Sage
--- Proud salkamaerian citizen

p.s. A more detailed letter about what is missed until now to have this town showing the salkamaerian influence and affiliation will follow at a later time. I hope that one will aswell encourage everyone to make Trollsbane a jewel of the salkamaerian realm. And not what it is now.

And Sir Aeris...you don't have to draft a code of conduct for the guard. Simply use the existing salkamaerian one. I am sure Prince Anarius men will be able to help you with that one.
orgis

Post by orgis »

A short Hobbit frowns then posts his own note beneath them both
So, rather than have islanders protect their city you'd import salk soldiers to be guards round here? What would the old guards/soldiers do if they had no work? I'd doubt they'd go out and fish for the rest of their lives..
~ser~
Shandariel el Lysanthrai

Sir,

a code of conduct is a gathering of rules and regulations for a soldier or guard how to behave in given situations. It also tells a guard what public picture he should give to others. In Sakamar this means mainly showing honour, righteousness, justice, honesty, bravery, dutyfulness and cooperativeness. Just to name a few.

A code of conduct should help hired guards to avoid missbehaviour or embarassment for the salkamaerian realm and citizens with their behaviour.

As an example. A few nights ago I saw two men fighting with bare hands infront of the workshop. They were out to kill themselfs and brutally fighting against each other. While they did so they weren't just watched by a crowd to which a member of the Temple belonged aswell, no, they were even watched and NOT hindered by a guard of the town. a guard simply observing the fight and not trying to stop it. And even a duke of Trollsbane were close at the depot and hasn't paid attention to such disbehaviour.

Something like that was for sure not in the tradition of salkamaerian guards and their code of conduct.

I simply hope that situations like this may be avoided in future and that they will be handled in honour to the traditions and values of Salkamar.

Sincerly,

~The Wandering Sage
Grokk

Post by Grokk »

I find your title to be both pretentious and false. Any one truly of such importance as you appear to believe you possess would never go by such a ridiculous pseudonym. And any true child of Salkamar would know that it is not their place to question the town's leadership, nor to provide instructions on how it ought be run, especially when carried out directly within the public eye. Surely, one so wise as yourself would know that such writings are both disrespectful and disloyal, and go against the very core of Salkamaerian society.

Do not pretend to know of or understand such a Code or how it operates. It does not take a scholar to grasp that it is simply not possible to lift a set of rules or way of life from one people and impose it on another without any alterations whatsoever. You cannot just ignore the history of Troll's Bane, of Gobaith, of all its people. It would be most foolish for you to assume that those whom actually reside within these walls are completely oblivious to the changes that are needed within the Guard. You would be even more foolish to assume that such changes are not already in motion.

For you, a wanderer, to enter our town and declare your superior knowledge to its government, guard and people is outrageous and insulting. If you have a complaint or suggestion to make, do so in private. There are many people prepared and able to deal with such issues. Continuing this in public will achieve nothing and quite possibly land you in trouble.

Edric Galthor,
Town Magistrate.