The magic academy of Gobaith~Die Magische Akademie Gobaiths

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

zda

Post by zda »

the application has be pulled off
Last edited by zda on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

* A small elf wanders passed seeming disinterested in the board and upon a glance turns to read it. He nods a few times and reads a bit further. After standing a moment and running his fingers through his silvery white hair he takes a parchment from his bag and begins to write. When finished he reads what he has written and again reads what is already present before posting the note up.*

Dear Unsigned,

Though I can agree the concept of ownership of land is a most odd one and also I see no harm in a person pining a note or application to the doors. The rules are the rules of the academy and are in place for sound reason. Fortifying the academy further is not needed and is further more a silly idea. It is a place of Learning not a Prison. Though I do not always agree with the academy I Do Live here and learn here. Also there are other places to learn if you do not wish to learn here. If you are going to accuse the academy of some wrong doing then please do it in a straight forward manner. Say what has been done that is Wrong so all may see it is wrong. Do not leave such things in the shadows. Your identity is not needed. Further more Knowledge is not.. Horded. Rather it is Granted to those who Seek it in Ernest and do what it takes to gain it. If you do not wish to learn from the Academy for some reason i understand there is a place near Varshikar.

To the person who pined the application to the doors i wish you success in your intellectual endeavors.

~Whisper~
Kadiya

Post by Kadiya »

The Hohe Rat ist glücklich mitteilen zu können, dass Orren Padick sein Examen bestanden hat und nun Magier der magischen Akademie ist.

Wir wünschen ihm für seinen zukünftigenn Weg alles erdenklich Gute.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The high council is glad to inform you that Orren Padick has passed his exam and is now mage of the magic academy.

The best wished for his futur way.
Kadiya

Post by Kadiya »

Melodie Luyten hat heute ebenfalls ihr Examen bestanden und ist nun Warlock der magischen Akademie.

Der Hohe Rat gratuliert ihr dazu wünschen ihr ihren zukünftigen Weg alles erdenklich Gute.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Melodie Luyten passed her exam today and is now warlock of the magic academy.

The high council congratulates and wishes her all the bestfor her futur way.
Khaeos

Application for the Academy

Post by Khaeos »

Name: Khaeos (Kay-Ohs) not pronounced like the word "Chaos"
-
Race: Elf
-
-
-
Mage/Battlemage: Mage
-
Language: New Language
-
Personal remarks:
its the curiosity that drives me. its the making a difference in the world that pervents me from ever giving up. some say that curiosity is a bad thing, i shall disagree, its just a mere stepping stone to Determination. For we all start out "curious"
Main_Man

Post by Main_Man »

Name:
- Sartesh
Race:
-Human
Mage/Battlemage:
-Mage

Old language ((german)) / New language ((english))
-New Language

Personal remarks:
- Want to learn magic, that much is obvious. Looking forward to finding someone willing to teach so I can show my dedication, a little note on a board probably wouldn't do a good enough job.
zda

Post by zda »

*a man in a black robe and pins a note to the bored*

Name:
-Zach Dawson
Race:
-Human
Mage/Battlemage:
-mage

-new language

Personal remarks:
- I want to learn to use magic as you can see. I hope that a teacher will take his or her time to teach me.
i have read and understand the rule of the acadamy
Last edited by zda on Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
The great one

Post by The great one »

Someone writes with mud on the wall...

Can I has magic?
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

With this day I, Pellandria, leave the magic academy, I lay down my position as councilmember and as official teacher of the academy, I will lay down my work as a teacher aswell, as it seems that my students do not care for the knowledge I can give to them.

As my last words I want to excuse myself and actually writte down an official apologize for the northmark for the rather hasty and careless action my student took, breaking not only our peace threaty but also breaking the rules of the northmark itself, I hope no bad blood will be spilled between the academy and the northmark and I hope that my decission shows the dedication that I hold for the academy, I do not want to hurt the academy any more than I allready did and I think leaving the academy does sooth the wounds that I caused, but I hope after all the good will of my student is accepted, as she was not out to cause danger, but to prevent it, even if she was not the smartest in doing so.

Of course I cannot rewind time and stop my former student from doing these things, but I hope this apologize is accepted.

~Pellandria~
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

I would like to apply to be on the council.

~W.E~
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

*a letter in an unknown handwriting hangs on the wall*

That would be a good idea, William. I am sure your person as a new councilmember shall be a great positive change for the fame and reputation of the academy.

Atleast aslong as there is no secure way to crossbreed a pig with a spineless slug. Should that ever be possible I hope you shall be so respectable to make the seat free for such a better fitting Mind.

~nameless admirer
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Ironic that the one who leaves their name unsigned is the one who calls me spineless.

~W.E~
Magic Academy

Post by Magic Academy »

In Übereinstimmung mit den Eldern der Akademie, der Akademieleitung, sowie des letzten noch verbliebenen Mitgliedes des Hohen Rates wird der Hohe Rat hiermit auf unbestimmte Zeit aufgelöst.

Alle Entscheidungsbefugnisse fallen damit der Akademieleitung zu. Es obliegt zudem ihrer Entscheidung, den Hohen Rat zu gegebener Zeit wieder einzusetzen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In agreement with the Elder, the academy direction, as well as the last remaining member of the high council, the high council hereby becomes supended indefinitely.

All authority to decide devolves therewith to the academy direction. Furthermore it is also its decision, to set up the high council again in due time.
Kadiya

Post by Kadiya »

Bis auf weiteres werden alle bestehenden Regeln der Akademie außer Kraft gesetzt und durch folgende Neuregelung ersetzt:

Jeder Magier oder Warlock, gleich welcher Rasse, Herkunft, persönlicher Gesinnung oder Gilden-/Stadtangehörigkeit soll die Möglichkeit bekommen an der Akademie zu lehren solange er den Frieden der Akademie nicht gefährdet.

Die Akademie ist ein neutraler Ort des Lehrens und des Lernen und Streitigkeiten, gleich welcher Art, unabhängig ob unter einzelnen Personen, oder unter Gilden/Gruppen haben hier nichts verloren.
Ebenso sind die allgemeinen Regeln des Anstandes und der Höflichkeit einzuhalten.

Wer nicht in der Lage zu sein scheint, diese einfachen Regeln zu befolgen und den Akademiealltag aus diesem Grund gefährdet kann, zeitlich befristet oder bei erneuten Verstößen auch permanten, der Akademie verwiesen werden.

Jeder Lehrer, der an der Akademie Magie unterrichten möchte, kann sich bei mir melden und ihm wird Zugang gewährt.

Ich möchte auch nicht-magischen Lehrer dazu einladen, offizielle Unterrichtsstunden an der Akademie abzuhalten. Für eine thematische Absprache möchte ich diese allerdings bitten, sich zuvor ebenfalls mit mir in Verbindung zu setzen.

Desweiteren wird es zukünftig in regelmäßigen Abständen (( jeden zweiten Mittwoch im Monat )) eine offene Sprechstunde geben, wo Probleme und Anliegen an mich herangetragen werden können. In dringenden Fällen bin ich zudem auch mittels einer Taube zu erreichen.

~Kadiya Artaliar~
Leiterin der magischen Akademie zu Gobaith

Until further notice all existing Rules of the academy are obsolete and replaced by the following:

Each mage or warlock, of whichever race, provenance, personal ethos or guild-/town-membership should have the opportunity to teach at the magic academy as long as he or she does not jeopardize the peace upheld at the academy.

The academy shall be a neutral place for teaching and learning and all differences, no matter of which nature, whether between individuals or between groups or guilds, do not belong here. The common rules of decency and politeness are to be followed in the at all times.

People, who do not conform with these simple rules and jeopardize the academy life with their behaviour, could be expelled, temporarily or permanently, from the academy grounds.

Each teacher, who wishes teach at the Magic Academy, can contact me and he or she will be granted access.

I would also like to invite non-magical teachers, to hold official lessons at the academy. I would like to ask them to contact me as well to reach an agreement on which subjects they wish to teach. They will be granted access as well after an agreement has been reached.

Additionally there will be open consultation-hour at regular intervals (( the second Wednesday of each month )) in the future, were complaints and other concerns could be communicated. Doves can reach me at all times for more urgent matters.

~Kadiya Artaliar~
Headmaster of the magic academy of Gobaith
Last edited by Kadiya on Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Excellent news.

Would it be possible to change the password to something more.. pronounceable or at least memorable, too?

~W.E~
The great one

Post by The great one »

I would like to apply for the position of password maker. My talents of the holy secret words know no bounds.

~I.B.Lion
Kadiya

Post by Kadiya »

William,

I'll try to initiate a new password.

But since the gates are open for so many, we saved the teaching room with an additional door.
If you meet me at the academy, I would be glad to give you a key.

~Kadiya Artaliar~
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Maybe we should have the main gates open for all (since we're letting people give lessons there) and only have a door at the lion (or was that already your intention?)

~W.E~
Kadiya

Post by Kadiya »

The main gates are open for all.

At least in the night they might be closed from the people, who lived at the academy.

~Kadiya Artaliar~
Pancho

Post by Pancho »

Hiho,

I am happy to hear the news that the Academy has changed its stance about outsiders,
as the last time I visited a stricter policy on who has access to the Academy was still in place.

I shall be the first on this parchment to take up your offer about having non-magic lessons taught
on the grounds of the Academy.
My interrest lies in history and I would be capable of holding a lesson about the history of Greenbriar
from its founding days up to the present day.

I have already written a book about the early history and would use it together with other facts I found that couldn't be published
and my notes working on the other parts of its history for this.

Should I get the chance to do this and it is responded towards with interrest among the audience I also feel capable of preparing lectures
on other historical topics regarding the Island Gobaith.

Pancho Lindenbrook Littlethorn
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

I too would like to be taught about the history of the island.
I would happily pay in way of silver coin or hard work

~Alexander Knight
Kadiya

Post by Kadiya »

Pancho,

I would be glad to welcome you at the academy.
We should meet in the next days. Please send me a dove, where we I can find you.

~Kadiya Artaliar~
Jotun

Post by Jotun »

*a young man in very old wizard outfit takes an empty parchment out of his robe's pocket, along with a thin piece of charcoal to write with*
*steps closer to the notice board, reading the notifications on it for a while, and then starting to scramble something on the parchment*

Name:
-Jotun Blackwell
Race:
-Human
Mage/Battlemage:
-Mage

-New language

Personal remarks:
- My family spent their last copper to send me here to learn about the arcane arts, and I am not about to ruin it. I'm willing to do whatever is necessary to become a mage. I've spend all of my childhood reading books instead of playing with rest of the children. If you do accept me as your apprentice, you can find me at Troll's Bane library, or the nearby fores collecting herbs.
Darkshade

Post by Darkshade »

Name:
-Heiliana
Race:
-Elf
Mage/Battlemage:
-Mage

-New language

Personal remarks:
- I have spent my whole life in a boring farmstead in the mainland. But once a year the mages would come and show us amazing things such as teleportation. I to wish to learn this. I can already read fairly well. I am a very fast learner. And lastly im not afraid of a little work.
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

Zettel am Brett der Akademie wrote:Gastvortrag

Thema:
Sagen und Nahkampf der Echsenkultur

Beginn:
11. Chos 29 zur Zeit zum Sonnenhöhepunkt

Dozent:
Ssar'ney, Jäger mit Pflicht des Hohentemplers von Zyathis

Raum:
offenes Übungsfeld vor dem Lehrgebäude (unabhängig der Wetterlage)

Sammelpunkt:
1/4 Stunde vor dem Anfang am Platz vor dem Leuchtturm für Nicht-Studenten und Personen die nicht begabt sind Priester zu werden,
Priester-Begabte und Schüler der Akademie werden zum regulärem Beginn vor dem Feld erwartet

Voraussetzungen:
Zugehörigkeit zu mindestens einer der allgemein bekannten Gottheiten,
Kenntnis des alten Dialekts in der Handelssprache

Benötigte Utensilien:
Robuste, der Witterung angemessene Kleidung

Aiwendil

Post by Aiwendil »

I, Aiwendil, would very much like to visit the Academy, and would, if I knew where it was hidden.
Guy Navon

Post by Guy Navon »

Name:
-Guy Navon
Race:
-Human
Mage/Battlemage:
-Mage

-New language but if it aided my learning I would learn Old.

Personal remarks:
I have wandered your vast grounds this night searching out many names that have been suggested to me.
I spoke with the Elfess Via and miss Ilaya and they both agreed that the following names would would benefit my leaning: Damien, Eli, William and Kawako Tao as Miss Ilaya would not be able to teach me arcane theory.
By way of training I have next to nothing but I did train in the Lor-Angur academy studying magical theory novice level and magical beasts.
I have been told numerous occasions that I am gifted with the arcane arts and have a very high aura surrounding me as well as a good intelligence and resist the spells thrown at me well.
I would be willing to do anything to achieve the goal of being a teacher of the arts and help the academy in any way possible.
Though my body may be frail I promise you that my mind is knowledgeable therefor I feel that I would best suit a mage as opposed to a warlock or battlemage.

Yours faithfully
Guy Navon>>
Llama

Post by Llama »

After speaking to Lady Ilaya I have considered returning to teach again.

I am unable to teach a number of runes, so i will require the aid of another teacher to help - though I am well versed in the theory of magic. I will obviously need the key to the teaching room and access to a book of Ancient.

Regards

~K. Tao~
Matron

Post by Matron »

Some posters were recently pinned to the walls on the academy grounds, they all state almost the same:

To all the new visitors,
1)
Please remember to not drop your empty plates, bottles or old pergaments whereever you go. Also don't leave half-eaten food outside, it lures rats. If you have no place to get rid of those things, pass them on to Gloria in the dining-hall, so I can pick up the trash and bring it away.
2)
Please don't leave without turning your summoned golems back in, it scares the first-time-visitors when they run into one.
3)
The 'statue' in the very east of our garden is not to be painted with funny colours again.

Magnus - maybe still Janitor

~

Einige große Pergamente wurden kürzlich an den Wänden der Akademie angebracht und verkünden alle in etwa das selbe:

An all die neuen Besucher,
1)
Bitte denkt daran, eure leeren Teller, Flaschen oder alte Pergamente nicht überall hinzuwerfen. Lasst auch keine halb gegessenen Mahlzeiten draußen, das lockt Ratten an. Habt ihr keinen Platz, um die Dinge zu entsorgen, gebt sie Gloria im Speisesaal, auf dass ich den Müll dann dort auflesen und fortbringen kann.
2)
Bitte geht nicht, ohne eure beschworenen Golems zurückzubringen, es erschreckt die Leute, die das erste Mal zur Akademie kommen und in einen solchen rennen.
3)
Die 'Statue' ganz im Osten unseres Gartens darf nicht wieder mit bunten Farben bemalt werden.

Magnus - vielleicht noch Hausmeister
zda

Post by zda »

*a man walks up and pulls off the parchment*
Last edited by zda on Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.