Want to Help out Illarion?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

At the moment I've got:

Blacksmith
Annoying dwarf blacksmith who wants 10 ingots and gives you a sword.

Writer
Sweet little old lady needs some parchment for her book, as she takes it from you she spills her ink. Go get her some ink and a new quill.

Druid
You go get her different types of herbs and get either a small healing potion or mana. (Need help here, which is the easiest herbs to find or herbs which make a healing/mana potion).

Crazy guy
No use or quest, he just annoys you and keeps talking BS.

Old woman2
I need help with someone on that. Is it possible to trigger speech if the chars hunger is less than 50%?
If so she gives you food and tells you about her woes and at the end of it gives you her dead husbands old sword. (Stolen of Llama face)

The infamous Resistance warrior
Just needs a good drink of cider (I think he's from bristol).

Anyone gets any more idea's but cba to script them just PM me.

And guys, remember. If you help with this you get a forum tag of NPC scripter *Goes for master*
Llama

Post by Llama »

Alex, please realise that if you make a lot of resistance NPCs... what will happen when the resistance dies out? The NPCs are useless.

Try to make them as OPEN as possible, so they can be reused.

As for the 'hunger' thing. I don't think its possible with the basic language, but it is defentally possible with lua. So add a reminder to the dev you send it to , and he'll put it in for you.

Also quills need goldsmithing EXTREME HIGH LEVEL to make. Just.. don't.
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

Oh, i was planning in using normal feathers XD

Okay, and i only really have 2 resistance NPC's and 1 could be made into a normal NPC.

Okay thanks Llama :)
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

On food:

Code: Select all

"hunger",attrib(foodlevel)>14999,english->"You don't look hungry to me. Work some more!","No food for lazy scum like you!" 
"hunger",attrib(foodlevel)<15000,item(49,all)=0,english->"Here, have some moulded bread. Back to work!",item(49,1,333,0) 
"hunger",attrib(foodlevel)<15000,item(49,all)<>0,english->"Thinking you can get free bread from me, eh? Work on or feel my whip." 
"hunger",attrib(foodlevel)>14999,german->"Du siehst mir noch nicht hungrig genug aus. Arbeite weiter!","Kein Futter für faulen Abschaum wie dich!" 
"hunger",attrib(foodlevel)<15000,item(49,all)=0,english->"Hier etwas verschimmeltes Brot. Jetzt arbeite weiter!",item(49,1,333,0) 
"hunger",attrib(foodlevel)<15000,item(49,all)<>0,english->"Du glaubst wohl, du bekommst noch mehr Brot, häh? Arbeite oder spüre meine Peitsche." 
"hungry","food",attrib(foodlevel)>14999=0->"You don't look hungry to me. Work some more!","No food for lazy scum like you!" 
"hungry","food",attrib(foodlevel)<15000,item(49,all)=0->"Here, have some moulded bread. Back to work!",item(49,1,333,0) 
"hungry","food",attrib(foodlevel)<15000,item(49,all)<>0->"Thinking you can get free bread from me, eh? Work on or feel my whip." 
"hungrig","essen",attrib(foodlevel)>14999=0->"Du siehst mir noch nicht hungrig genug aus. Arbeite weiter!","Kein Futter für faulen Abschaum wie dich!" 
"hungrig","essen",attrib(foodlevel)<15000,item(49,all)=0->"Hier etwas verschimmeltes Brot. Jetzt arbeite weiter!",item(49,1,333,0) 
"hungrig","essen",attrib(foodlevel)<15000,item(49,all)<>0->"Du glaubst wohl, du bekommst noch mehr Brot, häh? Arbeite oder spüre meine Peitsche." 
From a NPC I wrote, should work. The whole food bar is 60000 points.

On quills: Just use them, but think about a reward for the quill.
Last edited by Estralis Seborian on Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Is it possible to receive the script from the poker dealer dwarf down in garons basement, I had an idea to make a gambler npc, but i gues sit has to wait till the vbu so I exclude one part of hiscode into another one, I just want to see how others have done the cardgame..even thougth mine would be much simpler.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

I would assume the gambler isn't made with the NPC scripting language/
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Correct. The Poker NPC is basically the most complex NPC we got and is written entirely in LUA. Doing something like this is far beyond the possibilities of the easy NPC language.

Nitram
Llama

Post by Llama »

Pell, what gambling thing did you have in mind? If its something simple and 'two player' (NPC + player) its probably simple enough to be done with the simple language.

If I remember correctly, Estralis once did a simple NPC which played "Guess under which shell the nut is" game.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Yes it will be somethign simple as card A beats card B, atleast for now..maybe later on I want to include trading cards, changing them or maybe keeping them maybe even create something like 14 and 7 or some other cardgames, the problem is only the possibility of getting one cardor another, because you basicly just got the chance command.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Here's something which would be interesting yet simple.

Dealer draws a card (uses random), asks you whether the next card will be HIGHER or LOWER (+ same)

You then run a random command based on the probability of the player being right.

If he gets it right, you keep track of it, and double his money - or give him the money he earned (player's choice)

THAT would be very interesting and not-so-hard to make.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

As far as I know there is no randomized chance in the basic script, you simply have static possibilities.
Estralis Seborian

Don't make it too complicated. Keeping track of a whole deck of cards is rather complex. Just use dices instead. And maybe starting out with something simple ("Bring me X and I give you Y") can help you getting used to the scripting language.

This is the game my NPC plays:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaWT0uVaVSg

Looking forward to strip your money!
Llama

Post by Llama »

Estralis Seborian wrote:Don't make it too complicated. Keeping track of a whole deck of cards is rather complex.
For my suggestion, you don't have to.

You just roll a random number from 1 (ace) to 13 (King)

You tell the player that you drew a [card]

The player chooses higher or lower/same

You roll another random number from 1 to 13.

Simple.

Far as I remember there was a random number, let me see. Apparently I can't find it. Ah well -_-
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

"Chance(Percentage)" is the only RNG you have.
I don't think its practicable for the idea your have, Hadrian.
Estralis Seborian

Well...

Code: Select all

"Gimme card",Chance(100/13)->"Ace!"
"Gimme card",Chance(100/12)->"King!"
"Gimme card",Chance(100/11)->"Queen!"
"Gimme card",Chance(100/2)->"Three!"
"Gimme card"->"Two!"
Should do the job. Dirty, but it works I think. But I still think that simple quests are more rewarding than complicated things like this.
Llama

Post by Llama »

I think it'll be easier to do with lua.

Just get a variable, randomise it from 1-13, then the player's chance of winning with HIGHER is equal to 13-[variable] , while the player's chance of winning with LOWER/EQUAL is [variable]-13
(or somethign like that, i threw the numbers out without thinking).

So never mind. Maybe something more simple would work I guess.

Odd/Even with 'double or nothing' and a dice would work I suppose. Or a roulette table or something. You don't actually need to model the game, just the percentages.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

The Money Making Game!

http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/ind ... aking_Game

Bad idea to implement that ig though.

When I played KoL I completely abused the probabilities and over the course about 3 hours went from having 100k meat to 7 mill meat (:O Much in the same way that they've written there, but I wasn't aware of that when I was doing it).

You have to do it in small amounts though. Going up like 1000 at a time at first to play it safe.

But yeah if you implement this ig you will have millionaires running around :P