Food Proposal Discussion

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Juliana D'cheyne

Food Proposal Discussion

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

With the current system a fighter char actively fighting with monsters will eat about 2 strawberry cakes in approximately 4 hours depending on their skill at dodging hits etc. The current proposal has them eating more i.e. having to carry more and not related to how active they are. Right now, with the higher end foods a figher char doesn't have to carry a lot, the more expensive ones, the less they have to carry because it fills the food bar. All this IF they want/need the bonus due to possibly bad fighter stats. :P
Llama

Post by Llama »

I have no idea which creatures he's fighting Jul, but when I go hunting with my fighter in order to train him - he regularly hits half the bar in 15 minutes or less.

Also if a strawberry cake increases it from 0 - 100, its not very useful to the fighter, since if you have less than half the bar, your health increase will be much slower. So while fighting, you pretty much aim to keep it as full as possible.
Llama

Post by Llama »

That is actually a good disadvantage of the current system.

Fighters and mages need to keep the bar as high as possible, as if they don't - health and mana will not recover fast enough. So usually, before you face a hard monster (where hard means "More skilled than you" - and could imply that you're fighting to train), you try to max the bar out.

This means if you do have 2 cakes, which (say) fill up 75% of your food bar, you are defentally not taking them on a hunt with you. You'd need to be crazy to fight a harder enemy with that little food bar. No, you'd take somethign inexpensive to 'pack up' the bar, so when you fight enemy #1 and lose 10% of the food bar, you can top it up. You won't eat a cake for that, too expensive.
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:I have no idea which creatures he's fighting Jul, but when I go hunting with my fighter in order to train him - he regularly hits half the bar in 15 minutes or less.

Also if a strawberry cake increases it from 0 - 100, its not very useful to the fighter, since if you have less than half the bar, your health increase will be much slower. So while fighting, you pretty much aim to keep it as full as possible.
Fighting reds, and can eat a strawberry cake with food bar approx 1/4 without detrimental effects *g*. Eating two in about 3-4 hours of fighting. When you are RPing the food bar goes down slower. This same effect is related to skill in fighting. More skill, less food is needed because your char "hurts" less.

It sounds fromyour comment, the proposal will help the lower skilled chars but not the higher end skilled ones then?
Llama

Post by Llama »

Uh, why was this thread moved to the proposal board, when its intended purpose was such that a person who has no proposal board access can talk about the proposal?

Could a kindly mod move it back to OT?
Mesha

Post by Mesha »

Here you can post Illarion off-topic things or test the forum and it's functions - all posts will be deleted automatically after a week ...
On this board society members can put in proposals how to change or what to add to the game.
Llama

Post by Llama »

You've missed the point.

I put in a proposal in this board.

Since PO Juliana can't post in this board to comment on my suggestion, she instead started a new thread in OT so she could. Now, given that its back to the Proposals board, she can't reply to my posts again. If society members want to discuss my food proposal, it has its own thread, this one was being used so an 'outsider' to the society could talk about it.

Also if you think its too good for OT, feel free to shove it in General, but I'm sure Jul put it here so as not to cause a giant fuss.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Actually the char can't post here, but the thread is a simple discussion for anyone that wishes to add ideas, information (even a rabbit pic :wink: ) hence was started in off-topic. Call it a brainstorming thread not meant to be a proposal in itself.

Would appreciate the thread just being deleted rather then stay in the proposal section. (edited to add)
Last edited by Achae Eanstray on Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Achae Eanstray wrote:information (even a rabbit pic :wink: ) hence was started in off-topic
In order to help this thread ease-in into the transition to the OT board again...