The magic academy of Gobaith~Die Magische Akademie Gobaiths

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Morbius

Post by Morbius »

*the writing on this parchnment can no longer be read*
Last edited by Morbius on Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

Magic Academy.

I formally call into question Master Warlock Pellandria's aptidude as a teacher and the appropriateness of her position on the council. She has demonstrated to me within these last days to be unfit for these ranks of honor. Students and teachers of the Academy. I hold no power in your organization. I have brought my concern of one of your leading members to your attention. It is now your responsibility to take the appropriate action.

Astari
Nikolaus

Neue Schüler / New Students

Post by Nikolaus »

Ich suche nach neuen Schülern.
Jene, die daran interessiert sind, sollen das Gespräch mit mir suchen.
Briefe werden ignoriert

~Nalcaryos von Weißhafen~

//

I am looking for new students
Those, that are interested, should talk to me.
Letters will be ignored.

Amarien

Post by Amarien »

Name: Amarien

Rasse: Mensch

-
Magier/Kampfmagier: Magier

Alte Sprache ((deutsch)) / Neue Sprache ((englisch))
- Alte Sprache

Persönliche Anmerkungen:

- Ich würde gerne die Tradition meiner Familie fortführen und den Weg der Magie beschreiten.
Ich bin gewillt alles was in meiner Macht steht um im Sinne der Akademie, meinem zukünfigen Meister und dem Kodex zu handeln und zu folgen, mit Gewissenhaft und Fleiß wäre es mir eine Ehre ein Teil dieser Gemeinschaft zu werden.
Da Ihr Herr Nalcaryos von Weißhafen von vielen hoch geschätzt werdet würde ich mich gerne in einem Gespräch
Euch vorstellen.

Hochachtungsvoll

Amarien
Last edited by Amarien on Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

For all hopeful students, I'd like to re-iterate a message I've said a few parchments earlier.
MoonDust wrote:Being one of the rare active teachers, I'd like to mention to aspiring mages that pinning a missive on the Academy's board as an application is not the most effective way to obtain a teacher.

Be less lazy.

Being taught the arcanes is a privilege only a few receive, sometimes out of luck, but don't count on it. If you want a teacher, impress them. Show them you're worthy of their time to be invested in you.

- Blake Thorn
In other words, the "application" system mentioned at the top of this board is a very old routine, when there were very little people interested in magic. At the rate of individuals that want to be taught nowadays, it's a malfunctioning system. No teacher reads the applications. If you want a teacher, find out names of teachers (by asking or reading) and actively look for them. Approach them without demonstrating your interest to learn magic from them, but only your general interest in magic. Try to become friends with them, learn from them and eventually ask them if you'd be fit to be a mage some day.

It isn't an easy process, but it isn't impossible either.

I may hold a meeting with prospect students soon as I am interested in teaching someone new.

- Blake Thorn
jjjakey

Post by jjjakey »

Name: Ssal
-
Race: Lizardfoke
-
-
-
Mage/Battlemage: mage
-

Old language ((german)) / New language ((english)) new language
-

Personal remarks: i realy would like to try and learn magic
-
Ssar'ney

Post by Ssar'ney »

~Under the writing of Ssal one can find two sentences written with slender, fine letters and a handwriting that was common about 20 years ago in the Salkamerian Legion.~

The temple of Tanora offers 20 coins of silver for the one bringing Ssal to the hightemplar alive.
One coin of gold is offered to anyone bringing the head of a lizard that practices any kind of magic.
~dictated by Ssar'ney, hunter with task of hightemplar
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

I am seeking students again. I have met with a few aspiring earlier this month, and am still wishing to know who is interested in learning magic. If you see me in town, feel free to let me know you are interested in learning.

- Blake
David Turner

Post by David Turner »

Ssar'ney wrote:~Under the writing of Ssal one can find two sentences written with slender, fine letters and a handwriting that was common about 20 years ago in the Salkamerian Legion.~

The temple of Tanora offers 20 coins of silver for the one bringing Ssal to the hightemplar alive.
One coin of gold is offered to anyone bringing the head of a lizard that practices any kind of magic.
~dictated by Ssar'ney, hunter with task of hightemplar
A inexpensive parchment is neatly attached to the corner of this note and penned with letters that have been written by an experienced hand.

To Ssar'ney and to whomever else this may concern.

In my understanding Zelphia, or Tanora if one wishes to use the name favored by the other races, is a Goddess who's primary attributes are that of wisdom and a strong stance against the forces of evil. It is right, then, that one should take any means short of the corruption of one's own soul or the use of evil to destroy evil in whatever form where it may be found. This stance grows out of the wisdom that has been shown to us by the Goddess, a wisdom that lets us understand the true end of evil and thereby sets our hearts toward the elimination of that evil so that the good that is given to us by the Goddess may duly thrive. We must never forget that the elimination of evil is only done in the service of the good, therefor it becomes imperative that we recognize the evil for what it is and do not confuse the evil with what is good.

The Goddesses teachings lead us to believe that all life is part of a single flow and that the many aspects of this flow show themselves in various forms, including the magic used by priests and by others. All these members are duly given life and meaning through the touch of the Goddess, without which they are simply dead and incapable of having any meaning beyond its limited immediate impact. Evil, therefor, becomes a cyclical process wherein no ground is gained and where the same evil acts and atrocities are committed for the same flawed reasons. Again, we understand this only because of the wisdom that has been given to us by the Goddess herself and through the world that bears Her mark of wisdom, just as a tutor recounts and reinforces the Master's lessons.

For this reason I urge you to be less harsh toward the aforementioned Lizard-folk who seeks to learn magic. Our mandate to seek out evil must be tempered by the wisdom to discern those things that are truly evil and those things that are simply unusual. This request by the aspiring mage, if honored, would in no way serve to destroy the good that the Goddess has imparted to the world and might even make strides against the evil of unbridled racism by showing that Lizards are more capable than many persons would accept them to be. Provided that this lizard remembers that his first duty is to the Goddess and does not allow the expectations of being a mage to interfere, it is my humble opinion that there is no evil in this act. Your opinion may differ, but I implore you to use the Goddess's wisdom to measure your opinion before passing judgment.

In addition it seems fitting that I point out two other points that strongly stand against the condemnation of magic as evil, specifically the magic practiced by the mages. First, the practice of magic in this form was built directly upon the wisdom that is taught to us by the Goddess's great tutor, the world itself. The study of this art has brought much good through the understanding of the world and how the Goddess has created it to be. Mages learn discipline, responsibility, foresight, and all the building blocks of wisdom as a necessity for the proper use of their gift. I ask, can there be a gift that leads us back to the Goddess's ways without first there being the touch of the Goddess to give that thing life? Furthermore we see that the utilization and ways of magic do not follow the same unprofitable cycles that are characteristic of evil. Even within the limited context of this island's magic the council of mages have made many strides and changes toward greater righteousness rather than simply returning to the mistakes of the past. Speak to one of the higher mages if you want examples, I shall not waste time recounting it here.

So then, if we see that magic is both good leading to good and that it is not evil, would it not be better to accept that the Goddess sometimes works in ways that are unexpected to our mortal tastes? Do not let pride concerning your former decision blind you from accepting the good, but remember that the Goddess recognizes that with greater understanding on a subject comes a greater responsibility to move toward wisdom despite what may have been understood in the past. If you have any other questions I urge you to have a quiet talk with either myself or one of the council of mages so that no misunderstandings may interfere with your choices and beliefs.

Written by a sincere and devout follower of the Goddess:
Zxay'yseyzr Yerr'keyr'En (also know an "Jack" for the convenience of those speaking in the common tongue)
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

*a lizard walks up to the board and shakes his head before posting a note*

What foolishness Ssar'ney...seems you have let the gods dictate your life so much you have become corrupt. Expect me to fight against you should you try to cause Ssal harm.

-TaK'Zel-
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

Written in an elegant style of common, ink is slipped across the parchment. The scroll is unremarkable in all fashions, and is signed in dark ink.

Name: Rarnill
-
Race: Human
-
-
-
Mage/Battlemage: Mage
-

Greetings, Teachers of the Academy. You have heard it before, I'm sure. I wish to study the arcane arts, etcetera etcetera.
In fact, nothing I say will persuade you to choose me over other applicants. There's a pun there...but you won't understand it. In fact, I am probably a worse choice than all other applicants. I am...disadvantaged. I write in the hopes that someone with compassion will train me. If you are such a kind person, and wish to know my condition, please send me a reply. I'm afraid (as Master Thorn recommended) I cannot meet an academy teacher and tell them my desire to become a mage...it is impossible.
Last edited by Arvemor on Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gabria

Post by Gabria »

Name:Tarek

Rasse: Mensch

-
Magier/Kampfmagier: Magier

Alte Sprache ((deutsch)) / Neue Sprache ((englisch))
- Alte Sprache

Persönliche Anmerkungen:

-Ich Tarek möchte eine Ausbildung zum Magier absolvieren da mein Großvater mir in seinem Lebzeiten erzählt hat ,dass es etwaas besonderes ist und einzigartig wenn man das talent zum Magier hat. Er brachte mir auch das Lesen und schreiben bei als ich gerademal meinen 10ten Winter erlebt habe. Ich bin fleißig und Wissbegierig sowie Neugierig. Ich würde mich über ein Persönliches Gespräch freuen.

Hochachtungsvoll:
Tarek
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

The elf mage Nalcaryos is herby banned from the grounds of the Academy, he not only attacked two follow guildmembers without provokation, but also is accused to disturb the defence of trollsbane several times, aswell as siding himself with the traitors of the island called "bearers of fire".

Furthermore I want to inform the academy that a honest and strong willed hero vanished from our Island, in a last attempt to stop the invading army and the prince of salkamarian Taliss, former Exduke from Trollsbane, friend to many and father of children, has payed the ultimativ price for freedom, his death will be remembered as his live can be remembered. He was one who never begged down, one who faced the threat that rose on the horizon, a threat for not only trollsbane but the whole island, he faced this fight while being surrounded by salkamarian soldiers, traitors and the beaten forces of our freedom, let us all include Taliss in our prayers, for he not only has fought for himself, nor for his friends nor only for his family, no today he raised his blades with honour, proud and with the smell of freedom on his tongue, let us remember this proud Lizard, who stood his ground for us, for our friends and for our familys.

~Pellandria~
Lyssa

Post by Lyssa »

Application has been withdrawn and removed from the board.
Last edited by Lyssa on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nikolaus

Post by Nikolaus »

The ban administered by warlock Pellandria is not justified.
She cant ban me without the headmistress Kadiya and the rest of the council.

Zak

Post by Zak »

'Someone' comes by ripping a bunch of pergaments from the public academy board leaving only some of the new notes.
Patting that mighty hammer on his belt he murmurs
"Hiding the rare, useful and important applications and announcements under all this rubbish..tch..they better discuss that in private from now on.."
Nikolaus

Post by Nikolaus »

Hiermit verlasse ich die magische Akademie.

//

With this I leave the Magic Academy .

zda

Post by zda »

Name: Jonathan Dawson
-
Race:human
-
-
-
Mage/Battlemage: warlock
-

Old language ((german)) / New language ((english)) new language
-

Personal remarks: i have been whanting to become a mage please let me become a mage thank you
-
Sammy Goldlieb

Post by Sammy Goldlieb »

Warnung, heute morgen ist das Tor zur Akademie offen gestanden!

----

Warning, today morningthe gate of the academy was open!

~Celdea
Sammy Goldlieb

Post by Sammy Goldlieb »

*Ein großes Pergament, sauber beschrieben mit blauer Tinte findet sich in der Kantine der Akademie*

Liebe Mitglieder der magischen Akademie zu Gobaith,

Ich möchte euch bitten, an das interne Brett der Akademie zu schauen, dort findet ihr einige Neuigkeiten, die uns alle etwas angehen, außerdem den Aufruf zu einer Versammlung.

Danke,
~Celdea

((Klickt hier))
----------------------------------
*A big parchment can be found in the cantine of the academy, it is clearly written with blue ink*

Dear member of the magical Academy Gobaith,

please look at the intern board of our academy. There you will find a few new, furthermore apeal for a convention.

Thank you,
~Celdea

((Click here))
Sammy Goldlieb

Post by Sammy Goldlieb »

*Ein kleineres Pergament ist dem großen nachgehftet*

Das Treffen beginnt jetzt!

-----

*a smaller parchment is added to the big one*

The Meeting starts right now!

~Celdea
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

Name: Alexander Knight
-
Race:human
-
-
-
Mage/Battlemage: Battlemage
-

Old language ((german)) / New language ((english)): new language
-

Personal remarks: I was speaking to one of your own warlocks just the other day about how to improve my understanding of the lost arts and how to gain an insight into maic as a whole and they kindly told me how to reach you.
Although i am still young my mind is broad, and i have straddled many trades including soldier and worked beside some of your finest mages in the battle of the greater demon, but i feel it is time i tried to experience the power of the ancients.
Though any magic ability would be welcomed, my plan is to become capable of caring for the wounded by means of magic and try to limit the preventable deaths in the fight against the fallen.
I would be prepared to 'Invest' both time and money to further my knowledge and understanding and i would even consider putting myself forward to you all as a messenger and apprentice to carry out whatever jobs you wish me too do.
~Alexander Knight
dwarvesarecool

Post by dwarvesarecool »

Name: Maiglin Romestamo
Race: Elf
-
-
Mage/Battlemage: Mage

Old language ((german)) / New language ((english)): new language
-

Personal remarks: I'm very active on the island and have sent out several doves to teachers, without even a response. I suppose this board is as good as any to try to find a teacher. I will stay dedicated to my teachings and stay true to my teacher through the many years of learning.
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

The following has been tacked to the door of the academy itself. The writing is not exactly neat...but it is easily understandable.

Greetings Teachers of the Academy. As I write this, I lean against the doors of your academy.
I hereby apply to become a student. I know of the shortage of teachers at the moment...but I am willing to do above and beyond what it takes to learn. I know making it to this academy is no heroic feat...but I achieved it through cunning, an attribute I know you will appreciate. As of now, I camp in the trees outside in the hopes you will speak with me. I will do what I can to prove I am worthy of training.

Name: Arvem Blackstone
Race: Human
-
-
Mage/Battlemage: Battle Mage.

Languages: New language, common language, and my native tongue.
-

Personal remarks: I have read the applications and responses of the students and teachers alike. You admire initiative. Intelligence. Strength of Will. These I have expressed and will continue to express until the day I die.
Sammy Goldlieb

Post by Sammy Goldlieb »

It is forbitten to be on the academy ground unless for students and teachers. Read the rules and inform yourself about the academy.

~Celdea
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

Read his post miss. He has stated he is outside your precious ghost castle. Unless you imply that the entire island is yours which would be ignorant thought even for a human. To own an island, it's laughable.

This academy, with grotesque thoughts of what an academy should be, seems to only hoard their knowledge even more by not letting a man come to your doorstep, or so it seems outside viewer that is. I do not doupt, you have some long winded, "rational" reason to which these rules where put and why you inforce them in this manner.

If you do not wish people on your grounds, to such a degree then put up some kind of barrier. I would have thought this be the obvious course of action, yet since we are here at this problem I can only assume it means the great teachers of this academy could not think of this solution.

This "Academy" is a horrendous example of an academy. You should be shamed, but I know differently. You will not feel shame because you are in denial. You think you do nothing wrong. You even seem to think you are better than everyone else. And for these reasons you shall call me a liar. A fool. A slandering, blasphemous idiot. And it is for those reasons, that I give you this challenge, that will require you to use the cunning and intelligence you say you have, claims which I doupt, to find my name. I do this, because if I am right, and you fail to do this, reasonably simple task. It only goes to prove you disgrace the name of this academy.

Unisnged.
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

The writing is scrawled, and a little messy.

I have no ill wishes toward the academy. I have only come to let you know my desires. Anyone can write a letter and get someone else to take it for them.

Saying that, I do agree with the unsigned letter beside this one. It is an odd concept of your people to claim property of land...one I will respect, if never understand.

I will read these rules of yours, as I admit I have not done so already.
But I am not leaving. Not yet.

-Arvem

From a dense cluster of trees outside the academy can be seen a tiny firelight.
zda

Post by zda »

*walks up and rips off the parchment and places a new one bellow*
Last edited by zda on Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

You might actually have no idea what you are talking about "Johnatan". Anyone who seeks the knowledge of a warlock would never say that he or she wants to "become a mage", it rather seems that age allready confused your mind enough, thus making you a rather useless student to begin with.

Maybe you should ask the druids, I heard they brew a few strange potions, if you are lucky they got one to strengthen the mind.

~Pellandria~
Rhombus

Post by Rhombus »

Name:
Elathen Dak
Race:
Elf
Mage/Battlemage:
Mage
Old language ((german)) / New language ((english))
New Language
Personal remarks:
I am completely and utterly fascinated by magic. Sadly, it is very difficult to acquire knowledge of magic, and most of my attempts to do so have gone in vain. I understand that there are various applicants, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, but I do hope you consider me as a possible student. I am a hardworking and dedicated person, who will work hard to learn about magic, while respecting and honouring whichever instructor is assigned to me. I thank you for the opportunity, and the time you've taken to read my application.