Monster luring

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Shandariel el Lysanthrai

Monster luring

Post by Shandariel el Lysanthrai »

Hi everyone.

In the last time it occured often that monsters had been lured away from their spawning points. this didnt happen when someone fled from them...but more so on purpose. Probably to avoid others being able to fight them and gather their precious loot. Or to get stronger. Or to be able to fight a single monster alone.

What I would like to ask is...could you probably let that be? It is pretty unfair to the other players who would like to get their chance too. And it is as good as impossible to find the monsters which got lured away. It may have some IC sense...avoiding others to get strong...or making sure not many gather rare items...but it is also pretty cheap to other players...we all want to have fun here...and that means giving everyone the same chance. Its not nice doing something like that to take the chance or fun from others to hunt those monsters.

Thanks for listening. And I hope in future the monsters wont get missing anymore ^.^
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Proposal maybe?

if((monster's location) > ((its spawn point)*5){
delete it
respawn it
}

?
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

Well, I haven't done it before...but it seems to me a pretty neat idea to be able to lure away a creature for ingame reasons, like bringing some hideously strong monster into bane and unleashing chaos...with a good reason of course! :D. I found it immensely enjoyable to find my new character (and my first) being chased all the way back to Bane by wolves. Or accidentally stumbling across a huge beasty (Troll, ogre or something?) right outside the North entrace. It's the sandbox stuff that lets random happen!

However, doing it purely for OOC gain...that's just crappy roleplaying. I don't think the monsters should simply disappear when they move to far away...I think the problem is these players...although I don't think I could really name anyone that would do something like that. Where has this stemmed from, went looking for a monster and it wasn't there or something?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Along with the VBU a addition to the spawnpoints will be installed that unbinds the monster that got lured away from the spawnpoint when its too far away. It won't be deleted, how ever a new monster will be spawned anyway.

Nitram
Rekarafi

Post by Rekarafi »

So you could (not that i would do so)

Lure a monster away -> new one is spawned -> lure the old one there and the new one away -> new one is spawned ... -> monster army
?
Shandariel el Lysanthrai

Post by Shandariel el Lysanthrai »

@Arvemor

The luring of monsters into towns isn't the ooc problem. It is more that some peoples lure them into remote spots where noone ever walks and where noone finds them. Then they leave it there. And yes, in the last weeks it often happened that, for example, one of the demon skeletons had been lured away. And now even the Golem AND the demon warrior are gone. Of course it may happen that someone runs away from them and they follow him...but it happened so often in the last weeks...and there is ingame informations about people who do so to stop others being able to train against them or to gather the rare drops of them.
Damien

Post by Damien »

If the reason really is "others cannot have it", then that does not sound like an ingame reason. It is a player interest carried IG with a poorly created ig-reason as an excuse.

Anyhow, it sounds more like a prank. But pranks get annoying when overdone. ;)
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Now if just someone could find the "idoht" that cut away the southern forest, strip him from any skills and items and give him a nice kick in his behind, than we would have a nice illa related christmas present :twisted: .
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

Lol, the whole forest?
Llama

Post by Llama »

Can we have a new rule against 'griefing' people in this manner and just ban them?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

The ban-button does not care of a rule exists or not.

Nitram
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Let's find creative ways to get banned!
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

It's obviously going to be me aint it?!
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Nitram wrote:Along with the VBU a addition to the spawnpoints will be installed that unbinds the monster that got lured away from the spawnpoint when its too far away. It won't be deleted, how ever a new monster will be spawned anyway.

Nitram
Gonna go lure 5 dragons to one spot kek
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Kevin Lightdot wrote:
Nitram wrote:Along with the VBU a addition to the spawnpoints will be installed that unbinds the monster that got lured away from the spawnpoint when its too far away. It won't be deleted, how ever a new monster will be spawned anyway.

Nitram
That was my first thought, too...
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

Kranek wrote:
Kevin Lightdot wrote:

Nitram
That was my first thought, too...
not my first thought but yeah not a bad idea..

here's a new solution i noticed the rabbits after a certain time stop moving if you get them too far from their spawn point. they just sit there.. and if you get them back some where kinda near it they go back to it and to their lil radius.. granted this means you could just lead a monster away from his spot and he'd eventually go back home... but it solves a few problems.. and make s the game a lil more boring... since i wont get to chase golems out of the gate house any more but hey the monster will be where he's happy. you know golems would be like dogs.. if he cant chew on it, hump it, or or sniff it... piss on it and walk away.
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

Nitram
I swear you've said that once already but no one obviously listened
Flux

Post by Flux »

This thread is 3 months old, go figure.