eating raw fish

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Yes and they still can attack with said claws in hand to hand combat...
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

So you expect to be able to shift click the water in the graveyard, shift click again for food and get a con bonus for it when other players have to pay x silvers for dishes?

I'm all for racial bonuses and realistic things but I don't think you're really in a position to complain here, even if it is unrealistic.
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

Please, at least you humans get to enjoy cybering. :P
Llama

Post by Llama »

AlexRose wrote:So you expect to be able to shift click the water in the graveyard, shift click again for food and get a con bonus for it when other players have to pay x silvers for dishes?.
Its not like roast fish is particulary heavy anymore - you'd probably break your armour before you run out of enough fish. If the graveyard is designed in that manner, it should be rectified - but the fact that lizzies eating raw fish, when they live underwater being bad for them, makes no sense whatsoever.

Maybe fire elementals should lose health if they don't drink enough water. Good idea eh?
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:
AlexRose wrote:So you expect to be able to shift click the water in the graveyard, shift click again for food and get a con bonus for it when other players have to pay x silvers for dishes?.
Its not like roast fish is particulary heavy anymore - you'd probably break your armour before you run out of enough fish. If the graveyard is designed in that manner, it should be rectified - but the fact that lizzies eating raw fish, when they live underwater being bad for them, makes no sense whatsoever.

Maybe fire elementals should lose health if they don't drink enough water. Good idea eh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrothermal_vent
Lizards prefer boiled fish. End of discussion. ;)
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

Taliss Kazzxs wrote:Please, at least you humans get to enjoy cybering. :P
Tell S'rrt that lol he is still bumping uglies with my "wife to be"
Llama

Post by Llama »

Mr. Cromwell wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrothermal_vent
Actually i use the existance of magma vents as an explanation to how lizards smithed things underwater...

But come on Cromsy - I feel that goes against the spirit of the whole thing. Ok sure you can boil fish in vents like those - but how common are they? Its not like you have boiling water in every river, sea or ocean.
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Wouldn't they sort of, boil the lizards too?
Llama

Post by Llama »

rakust dorenstkzul wrote:Wouldn't they sort of, boil the lizards too?
This is like giving dwarves penalties for eating uncooked kitten meat.

Unfair.
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:
Mr. Cromwell wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrothermal_vent
Actually i use the existance of magma vents as an explanation to how lizards smithed things underwater...

But come on Cromsy - I feel that goes against the spirit of the whole thing. Ok sure you can boil fish in vents like those - but how common are they? Its not like you have boiling water in every river, sea or ocean.
Well, then comes the massive mountain of game balance. Lizards already get some heavy-ass bonuses. To give them positive diet for unrefined food that is catched without the usage of tools would be too much. If you want that, then you'd have to accept some pretty bad-ass maluses to lizards as well.
Llama

Post by Llama »

I don't see how this is any different to giving them bonuses for using a device with the fish that has a 100% success rate and which gives free increases in cooking skill.
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Because there's not smoking ovens everywhere.
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

And because carry capacity is limited, because it takes time and effort to trasport the fishes to the the ovens, because it takes time to cook the fish and because cooking the fish brings you closer to the cap, making it harder to skill other stuff after cooking.

Plenty of reasons if you bother to actually think about it.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Because you already have that ridiculous bonus and you have to learn to deal with it.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Can't the same be said for elves?
They have fruit.
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

fairy-fruit, and i thought it was normal food for them. but as i said before, unless i am mistaken meat is considered bad for fairy diet
pharse

Post by pharse »

Fruits are of course good for fairies, meat bad. That's all in the wiki.

It's all just a bonus of "one step":
* uneatable -bonus-> eatable, but still not good
* not good -bonus-> good
* good -bonus-> great

Lizards won't take two steps at once. See game balance argument.
End of discussion.
zda

Post by zda »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:I don't see how this is any different to giving them bonuses for using a device with the fish that has a 100% success rate and which gives free increases in cooking skill.
Um how about it isn't connected to cooking system but that we "use" the "fire" with fish or ham in belt.. like the smoke oven now works in fact why not abolish the smoke oven.. while i'm thinking about it.. which is better for humans.. fish filet or salmon dish?