Done lurking--now introductions!

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

EffieC

Done lurking--now introductions!

Post by EffieC »

Hello there! I've been lurking/reading for a while, playing around IG to see how things are done. Mostly observing. I've been role playing for a long time--it comes easy as I'm a writer and it isn't much different than mentally acting out a character in one of my short stories or novels. It's taken me a long time to find a game online that has actual role play involved. There was only one other that I've found, and I don't play it anymore. It's nice to find people that actually role play! I've had a couple of great interactions with some characters and it's been great. I've had a blast.

So, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Ellen (AKA Effie) ooc. I'm in the US. Nice to meet y'all.
Drathe
Official Illarion Banner Contest Winner

Post by Drathe »

Hello there Effie and welcome to all that is Illa. Now you've introduced yourself you can shamelessly plug one or two of the novels written :twisted:
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Welcome there, one of the many new players recently and I second Drathes opinion, give us a taste of your "medecin", it can't be worse than the ..*cough cough* other writters we got here.
EffieC

Post by EffieC »

I don't have any novels out yet--those are still being edited and such. Revisions take a while and for a long time I did nothing but write, write, write! I do, however, have some short stories and poems published (or contracted for publication in the next couple of months). Nothing big or major. I'm working from the small end up--getting publishing credits, however small, are the best steps to take before trying to sub out a novel manuscript-- and let me say, short fiction is fierce competition. Magazines are so hard to please, especially in my chosen genre.

I don't know how to go about it. Should I pm you guys a link to one of the web-based magazines? I have one piece up now and six more upcoming releases over this month and next. I don't want to break any rules or anything. It's weird feeling like a newbie again.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Nah there are alot of people posting "their stuff" everywhere and this might be more fitted in the player or off topic, but its a "here am I,, thats me" topic, so I guess the boardgm will have "mercy" if you post a few short stories here so everyone can read them, if they want, of course if you get anything from us clicking a link than of course post a link.
EffieC

Post by EffieC »

Well, I don't gain anything from you reading--the magazine is free, so there's no charge and I don't get paid royalties for readers. So...

Click

As far as posting things up... that would use my first worldwide electronic rights and would be considered published, so I think I'll refrain. I'd advise against it for anyone who wishes to later publish anything they've posted too, unless they want to sell it as a reprint and be paid less for their work. But, to each his own. I can't post any of the contracted pieces either because it would breach my contracts. But there's the one link.
Drakon Gerwulf
Developer

Post by Drakon Gerwulf »

Welcome, to you I hope you like it here and enjoy it.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Welcome! Saw your name on the new sign-ups wondered how long was going to lurk :wink:
Mesha

Post by Mesha »

Welcome!

Also, I'm allergic to American English! Doing a major in English, and specifically asked for British pronunciation classes to get rid of that horrid American-ish my mouth keeps sprouting.

Hope you'll feel at home here! Don't get trapped in the barricades! Watch out for rampant, smelly orcs! Vote for Cromwell! Grab some pie in a tavern near the Briar! Get your feet wet in the lizard Temple! Don't get stuck on the loo!
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

Drakon Gerwulf wrote:Welcome, to you I hope you like it here and enjoy it.
And again.. I'm liking the surge of newbies in Illa. :D
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

hurr greeba effie! well minus the E at the end...but still the same..hazzaaaaaahh onwards and upwards! hazzaaaaaaahh!

yes im overtired..welcome to IllaRION :)
Thrym

Re: Done lurking--now introductions!

Post by Thrym »

EffieC wrote:So, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Ellen (AKA Effie) ooc. I'm in the US. Nice to meet y'all.
*Gasp*

Texas, by any chance?
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

Yeeeehaaaaaa *Runs about riding an imaginary horse*
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Mesha wrote: Watch out for rampant, smelly orcs!
Face, meet axe. :evil:

Also, welcome! :D
EffieC

Re: Done lurking--now introductions!

Post by EffieC »

Thrym wrote:
EffieC wrote:y'all.
*Gasp*

Texas, by any chance?
Hehe... not Texas. West Virginia. I'm here in all my hickified glory. ;)

Thanks for the welcomes all.