Some Questions.

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Nettle

Some Questions.

Post by Nettle »

1,Is it ok too post my Fairy guide too life ,eternity and everything...etc. in OOC or somewhere?

Its not Too DnD based..fairly Generic really....and only plagerised from about 30-40 other books[this is my free Fairy/Faerie/Fey.etc based one]..(my Story based Fey one is still being worked on)

It contains absolutly no stat/build guides etc[boring!](and frankly..work it out!)

But I do think it would be helpful,..humbly.

And in the 6pages of (search Fairy/fearie/Fey/Fee etc)..I do think it would hold RP Ideas{again humbly]

If its ok I will post it, any complaints I will Immedeiately delete.

Yours N.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Honestly I think you should first get used to the Illarionlore of Fairy, after all we are not a collection of other games or books, we try to create our own versions of any races here, so maybe first get used to the fairy and try to writte an ig book in your chars viewpoint of course.

Furthermore you could "simply" writte a few rpg posts which simply show how your fairy lives and thus creating again an ig relation, I personally dislike those "Allright I as player say you need to do that", if there is a possibility to writte it as a character.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Yeah, you can produce your own IG (In character) books using this handy device and get them implemented so everyone can read them IG. If you keep in mind the illarion lore, and just 'fill up the gaps' without putting any large differences, it'll be very interesting.

http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... light=book

There you go
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Good Ideas both of the above!

Thanks for the input,N.
Alexander Knight

Re: Some Questions.

Post by Alexander Knight »

Nettle wrote:1,Is it ok too post my Fairy guide too life ,eternity and everything...etc. in OOC or somewhere?

Its not Too DnD based..fairly Generic really....and only plagerised from about 30-40 other books[this is my free Fairy/Faerie/Fey.etc based one]..(my Story based Fey one is still being worked on)

It contains absolutly no stat/build guides etc[boring!](and frankly..work it out!)

And in the 6pages of (search Fairy/fearie/Fey/Fee etc)..I do think it would hold RP Ideas{again humbly]

Yours N.
Mate it seems you know your stuff.. why dont you add an extra bit on pixies on out wiki site (illapidia) or make your own book ig
AlexRose

Re: Some Questions.

Post by AlexRose »

Alexander Knight wrote:
Nettle wrote:1,Is it ok too post my Fairy guide too life ,eternity and everything...etc. in OOC or somewhere?

Yours N.
Mate it seems you know your stuff.. why dont you add an extra bit on pixies on out wiki site (illapidia) or make your own book ig
Because illarion is not the same as the books s/he's read, and you can't just edit the background story of illarion on the wiki to suit what you like.

Then again, I don't think anyone should take advice from the person who a while ago was complaining that the races aren't exactly the same as the LotR counterparts.
Alexander Knight

Thats why i said ADD a bit on , cos if you look there is hardly anything about fariys
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

if the races in illaRION were to be as depicted in lord ob da wings, orc should speak a very funny dialect and be black not green, and elfs wouldnt have a single expression, as far as i can remember, on their expressionless faces. faries wouldnt exist.unless they were really small, no lizards, and halflings would be called hobbits and speak in a irish scottish accent. aiit?
orgis

Post by orgis »

Olaf Tingvatn wrote: hobbits and speak in a irish scottish accent. aiit?
hmmm i can remeber them sounding like the lads out of hot fuzz lol there wernt any irish/scottish sound hobbits in that flim :P
Llama

Post by Llama »

Olaf Tingvatn wrote:and elfs wouldnt have a single expression, as far as i can remember, on their expressionless faces.
Are you sure you weren't watching Twilight?

:P
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

orgis wrote:
hmmm i can remeber them sounding like the lads out of hot fuzz lol there wernt any irish/scottish sound hobbits in that flim :P
Well Billy Boyd played a hobbit, but he toned it down a lot, but it's noticible.
Alexander Knight

orgis wrote:
Actually its called cornish (From cornwall) which is the south west cost of england and a nice place :) full of partys
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

well ya get mah point dont ya?? :roll:
orgis

Post by orgis »

Thats the one lol, englands got to many accents to deal with :lol:

annnnnnyway, the way the races are the now is grand, though there could be some changes to improve them I don't think they be really needed Alex :wink:
Alexander Knight

orgis wrote:Thats the one lol, englands got to many accents to deal with :lol:

annnnnnyway, the way the races are the now is grand, though there could be some changes to improve them I don't think they be really needed Alex :wink:
True just if you look at human compared with fariys you will see a big difference... suppose it just needs some in depth explanation, bur it aint urgent
Silo

Post by Silo »

God forbid some help with roleplaying your char better. ;)

EDIT: Though... on second thought, it's really not the fairies that need the help. Splendid roleplayers, the little ones. :P