The new Trolls Bane

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Alexander Knight

The new Trolls Bane

Post by Alexander Knight »

Well i am officially UNBANNED :D

But serious time now :)
What about when the gm's take over having npc Salks that attack certain people (Taliss and the Militia Inc me :) ) on sight

Sort of like a beacon system or they recognize Player numbers and if/when they kill you it will automaticly throw you in jail for 20 mins or more :) Please comment starting from NOW [ i know Lama face is going to be the first to comment calling it shit]
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Well "Lama man" (It's "llama" by the way") would be right.

You think that these Salks have time to go through a list of everyone in Bane, find out everyone in militia and kill them on sight, completely unprovoked? They're Salkamaerians, not evil cultists. They've not come to rape and pillage. They won't go round knocking people off so they can steal a town and rule said people, otherwise there'd be noone to rule, would there?

And where the hell are they getting their jail from anyway?
Llama

Post by Llama »

That wouldn't be very nice to those players would it? They're only playing their roles after all.

Sorry to disappoint you by being second.
Alexander Knight

I thought TB had a jail? and they wouldnt kill on sight.... they would kill the enemy who killed their men
Llama

Post by Llama »

Quests are supposed to be there to be fun for players.

They're not there to arbitrarily persecute characters using GM powers, by players who are just living their character's role.

Its not fun to have half the players being PKed mercilessly

.: This suggestion has about as much chance to come in as tobacco. And you know what they say about tobacco...
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Yes.. they're going to jail the men.. in their own jail.

Right.

Edit: OOOH, you said after the thing was over.

Well oh well, they'd expect resistance. This'll just make people not want to go to Troll's Bane and it adds nothing to the game.

Although, now GMs are taking over, maybe that means we can have NPC guards who go after whichever chars are on a certain list? ;)
Alexander Knight

AlexRose wrote:Although, now GMs are taking over, maybe that means we can have NPC guards who go after whichever chars are on a certain list? ;)
This is what i said lol well obviously they going to after the resistance soldiers Or banned people who have been reported to the prince
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

They didn't even implement tobacco why would they do this?
Alli Zelos

Post by Alli Zelos »

Because tobacco kills.

>.>
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

Tobacco > this.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Alli Zelos wrote:Because tobacco kills.

>.>
So do waraxes :)
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

How did you have the time to get banned..

Sheesh.

What'd you do?
Llama

Post by Llama »

MoonDust wrote:How did you have the time to get banned..

Sheesh.

What'd you do?
Spam the proposals board wi-

oh snap.
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

WAT
orgis

Post by orgis »

Hmm so the wee prince lad would welcome the lads that killed his men into his town after he controlls it :? wont sombody think of the dead lads children!? :lol:
Alexander Knight

Shut up Llama i know what you ment.... i APPARENTLY abused the proposals board and put everything i thought might work on it.... which is what i thought the board is for.
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:
Alli Zelos wrote:Because tobacco kills.

>.>
So do waraxes :)
People kill people, waraxes don't kill people!

:P
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Alexander Knight wrote:
AlexRose wrote:Although, now GMs are taking over, maybe that means we can have NPC guards who go after whichever chars are on a certain list? ;)
This is what i said lol well obviously they going to after the resistance soldiers Or banned people who have been reported to the prince
I don't mean "everyone who fought against them in the war"; I mean "criminals". People who the town guards say are banned from town. Like in the NPC guards suggestion. Except that never worked because it depended on a player system, which was pretty much impossible. But now the staff are going in charge, it's possible.
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Alexander Knight wrote:Shut up Llama i know what you ment.... i APPARENTLY abused the proposals board and put everything i thought might work on it.... which is what i thought the board is for.
Lesson learnt: Don't propose anything!

(Keep the ideas to yourself and make a great MMORPG that will rival Illarion!)
Christopher..Rigden

Post by Christopher..Rigden »

yipee!
Aust

Post by Aust »

In addition to agreeing with everything said by others here, I don't think what you suggest is technically possible.

No offense, but perhaps you should relax a little on the suggestions;) You're wasting a lot of people's time.

You GMs didnt honestly ban Alex for making... bad sugestions though? Did you?
Alexander Knight

Aust wrote:In addition to agreeing with everything said by others here, I don't think what you suggest is technically possible.

No offense, but perhaps you should relax a little on the suggestions;) You're wasting a lot of people's time.

You GMs didnt honestly ban Alex for making... bad sugestions though? Did you?
I know thats why i am trying to get my proposals topic left open... but even if i make 1 good suggestion out of 100 that is that still progress?! People may read what i wrote and think it is silly but maybe one suggestions does not appeal to them another might
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

Well, yes they should do something about if there is any resistence... but still let it exist becasue it would be a RP resistence no doubt, not some PKing spree bandit group... so why would they use npc's to have PK guards?

Although on Alex's (the awesome alex :P ) npc guards and the criminals and all that, wouldn't known resistence members indeed be ON that list of criminals to be PKed by the guards?

Bad idea. BUUUUUUUUUUT tweek somethings and who knows, perhaps it will be a below average idea?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Regarding to my large experience with the community of Illarion I can say one thing for sure.

It will be a PK spree bandit group called resistance for sure.

Nitram
Mesha

Post by Mesha »

Stephen Rothman comes to mind.

Mesha