About Character story development

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

AdamsJr

About Character story development

Post by AdamsJr »

I gotten fairly good handle on the rp within the game though i rarely get to as of lately since noones really on when I am in or at least not in my race. I am working on developing my Characters story (Dwarf ) I am trying to follow the protocols and guide lines set down by the histories of the races along with their descripitons. So have the dwarves been exclusive to the Silverbrand area or have they lived elsewhere in the histories of the lands If so where May I find the texts that shows these locations. And any family refrences might also be appreciated.
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Goldburg is dead. So Silberbrand is somehow the only place for dwarfes, just like Greenbriar for Halflings and Tol Vanima for elves.
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Goldburg is part of SB now, in theory,
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Goldburg is part of SB now
De iure
And
Goldburg is dead
De facto

This should be written in the Wiki! :P
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

On the Mainland they lived elsewhere yes, I believe you can find more if you search 'dwarves' on the wiki.
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Taiah wrote:Have you read of Goldberg? http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... t=goldberg
Ahh.

Goldberg. I am glad someone is studying this almost forgotten branch of Illarion's history! What a wonderful thing indeed that you mentioned Goldberg, the progenitor of Silverbrand's Jewish community and the Head Rabbi of Irmorom. He has been overlooked for far too long despite his great accomplishments! I mean, we are talking about the performer of countless circumcisions, and his achievements as a craftsman of many Legendary cigar-cutters! What a dwarf!

They say that Goldburg was named after him, but the e was lost in translation.

True story.
:wink:
Llama

Post by Llama »

Have you been drinking cromwell?
AdamsJr

Misunderstanding correction

Post by AdamsJr »

Ok I understand that currently within Illarion that Silverbrand and Goldburg respectively are the current main strongholds for the dwarven community. In the Histories of Illarion during the wars with the Orcs and the shaping of the races and their current structurings have the Dwarves been known to inhabit other parts of the lands as well?
rakust dorenstkzul

Re: Misunderstanding correction

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

AdamsJr wrote:Ok I understand that currently within Illarion that Silverbrand and Goldburg respectively are the current main strongholds for the dwarven community. In the Histories of Illarion during the wars with the Orcs and the shaping of the races and their current structurings have the Dwarves been known to inhabit other parts of the lands as well?
Places with magma vents, chasms, aquifers, flux, and a high iron content.

Wood is optional, and there might be some other fun stuff if you look hard enough.