Quick question

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Morbius

Quick question

Post by Morbius »

Hi, ive found out that perception helps you hit people in combat (corect me if im wrong) and i was wondering if it affects mages and how accurate their spell are?
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Not as far as I know.

I've always had horrible perception attributes and always had fully accurate and efficient spells.

It does affect how much we can see around items though, so sometimes we can't target farther players that are hidden behind trees or the such.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

You're not meant to be able to see behind a tree >_> . Noone is meant to be able to see behind a tree. You can't cast where you can't see, therefore if you DO target people and cast at them behind a tree you are a naughty boy.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Perception helps you to see your targets earlier, so you can aim at them, but if you are using a wand you will always hit your target.

Because no dev actually says how magic targeting really works you could say that a mage does not depend on a direct viewline to throw a fireball, but they target after some kind of aura *shrug*
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Yeah you're shooting the fireball through the tree >_>

Just because it's technically possible doesn't mean it's right. e.g. Teleporting through walls.
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

weeell..ive found out that with 20 in perception you dont have to right click then "examine closely" on other characters to see if they are wounded:) and i probably see ther exact condition of the thing im looking at too.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

That's what mirrors are for :P
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

not with 20 in perception*flexes his eyeball muscles* *squish squish squihs*