Brrrraaaaaiiiinsss

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

PurpleMonkeys

Brrrraaaaaiiiinsss

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

I think, there should be around a 1 percent chance that instead of getting ghosted by a zombie/mummy, you get turned into a zombie/mummy until you get to a cross!
You'd take on the attributes and skills of a zombie/mummy until you got ressurected, then you become humans and your skills/attributes are restored... or something else, I dunno

Discuss
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

Sounds good! But what would happen if you got killed as a mummy?
Mesha

Post by Mesha »

You'd die forever, remaining on this world, chained to your unholy corpse, as a whisp, a mere shadow of it's past.

But for real, it would be an amusing thing. However, to make it increasingly fun, lets make it so only priests can cure zombification.
Thrym

Post by Thrym »

Mesha wrote:You'd die forever, remaining on this world, chained to your unholy corpse, as a whisp, a mere shadow of it's past.

But for real, it would be an amusing thing. However, to make it increasingly fun, lets make it so only priests can cure zombification.
*Gasp* This could give them a real job! I like this idea...
PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

Yay for Mesha!
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

I disagree. Zombies are stupid, unthinking and follow their perpetual hunger for blood.
They will not want to change back to normal persons. Beside I don't want to see player-zombie who following any priest and begging him for cure. Better to start from normal disease.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

I disagree. Zombies are stupid, unthinking and follow their perpetual hunger for blood.
No..
Homepage
Mummies were once members of a secret guild called "The Spirits". They were devoted followers of the goddess Cherga. Not much is known but rumours tell that once in the past they betrayed her and a mighty curse has been spoken upon them letting them return after death not to find eternal peace. With enviousness they look upon the mortals and in their despair attack them when ever they meet them.
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

Yes this is poetic version of what I wrote ;p
orgis

Post by orgis »

I remeber somone used to rp a zombie sorta char, he was really good at it, give others the chance i think they might enjoy it alot, itl be different from the usual pure good/pure evil folk :)
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Don't really like the idea of ordinary horror film zombies in Illarion...
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

They're not even zombies; they're mummies.
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

im seeing a lot of noobs goin "WHAT THE "!()#¤(""#!(!????" when they all ghoulified after taking on to many zombies in the crypt..but, i actually like the idea:D would be fun to limp around the trollsbane and other places chewing on peoples brains...:Dbuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut the question is what happens when you get clouded by another player? eh..you die and have to go all the way back to the crypt? have a "special" cross just for player zombies to spawn? and then having to seek out a priest..dont know how the noobs are gonna like it though^^ AND when someone gets turned into a zombie how are we supposed to react? not cloud THAT particulare zombie because you know him and awl dat? eh...might get confusing with 20 zombies wandering around..eh dont know..im for it:)
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

AlexRose wrote:They're not even zombies; they're mummies.
A secret for many.
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Karrock wrote:I disagree. Zombies are stupid, unthinking and follow their perpetual hunger for blood.
They will not want to change back to normal persons. Beside I don't want to see player-zombie who following any priest and begging him for cure. Better to start from normal disease.
Dragons don't exist and teenagers can't shoot boulders of murderous flames from the tip of their fingers either.

Welcome to Illarion.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Jupiter wrote:
AlexRose wrote:They're not even zombies; they're mummies.
A secret for many.
The german language indication is Zombie.
The English is Mummy. (I think..:P)

and if you make a look at the indication is sometimes different to the Name of the NPC

Same with Ogres and Trolls. I think.

best greets
rince
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

No, this is a mummy.

This is a zombie.

(Too soon?)

Just because they look more like zombies now doesn't mean they're zombies. They used to look like mummies.

Rekarafi

Post by Rekarafi »

Btw German translation of mummy is "Mumie"
Zombie is the translation to "zombie"
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

:P do you just maked a joke? Or did'nt understood me?
(I like Michaels picture becaouse it prooves that he is not really dead. ^^)

I meaned that:
If you click on the NPC, it says Mummy.
If you loock at the Name (in yellow over the head) it says Zombie.

Come on Germans, help me out! You never noticed it?
Rekarafi

Post by Rekarafi »

Uhm...no.
But i wonder that someone cares for such things :-P
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

It's the reason that everybody is confused. Sure I care for it! They are Zombies or Mummys? :roll:

And wahts about the Trolls at the Ogremountains? (Same Proplem)

@ Topic: It would be fun to have a change of zombietransformation. And find a priest to cure you. :D
Thrym

Post by Thrym »

Olaf Tingvatn wrote:im seeing a lot of noobs goin "WHAT THE "!()#¤(""#!(!????" when they all ghoulified after taking on to many zombies in the crypt..
Do notice that he said about a 1 percent chance. Now that means that about 1 out of every 100 noobs that actually GET killed by zombies become one. In other words, there won't be that many running around (you may be lucky to see one).

EDIT: Back in my first days of playing, they were mummies. Thus shall they always be in my mind.

EDIT 2: But then... they also looked like mummies back then.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

People already adopted the term "ghosting" instead of "clouding".

Mummies and the Yellow Cross must stay like this forever! :P
maryday

Contact your GM of choice for further reconsiderations?

Post by maryday »

@Alex;Maybe only permadeath will stay forever.
. . . a huge variety of undead, animated corpses, lichs, constructs, shadow dwellers, planeshifters and
undead seeming outsiders. . .reaching knowledge . . . more then a lifetime . .
*the rest is burnt away*

to TOPIC;
You have contracted: Brain Rot in an early stage.
((warning stage: char gets feeling/constitution emotes;))
Your Brain Rot has advanced towards some disgusting indications.
((char begins to generate autoemotes in growing number and intensity.))
Your Brain Rot has developped to an incurable state.
((the autoemotes sign the near "death" of the char. the char is highly contagious now.))

or charemotes only;
Your head feels empty, and somehow everything is so misty.
then
As you awoke today, you had bled from your nose, over night.
Somehow you feel hungry, a hunger you can`t define.
Everything has turned gray, nothing is moving, you need someone to help you. Right now!
((mucho depending on background knowledge and individual alignments.))
Doctor S. Whysnhimr wrote:"ghoulification"?
In some games treated as (early) curable disease contracted from eating dead meat, beeing hurt by a former victim or, as said, heresy against certain gods....

Sounds like an advanced idea for a probably, to be extended, ill-/sick-/unpleasantnesses, or curse-system.
((With "temporaryly" decaying attributes, skill loss and stat limitations...:shock:
...maybe even the possibility to loose the ability of speaking...))

you want that?!:wink:
->religion-/spiritualism-/priest-system!
Llama

Post by Llama »

Maryday, I think you need a priest to look at your head.
-
I think this will just end up badly for characters. Once upon a time swish1 and his buddies were turned into ogres. He ended up PKing them because he saw an ogre. (-_-)

I think any mummy who turns up IG will get PKed quickly and/or PK back.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:Once upon a time swish1 and his buddies were turned into ogres. He ended up PKing them because he saw an ogre. (-_-)
ROFLMAO, SERIOUSLY?!

How did I miss that?!
Llama

Post by Llama »

AlexRose wrote:
Hadrian_Abela wrote:Once upon a time swish1 and his buddies were turned into ogres. He ended up PKing them because he saw an ogre. (-_-)
ROFLMAO, SERIOUSLY?!

How did I miss that?!
http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... light=ogre
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

why not make them a ghoul or something, but to help the players out give them a text like "you now have a hunger for blood, death and murder" if you want to get really script happy, script it so characters are slowly pulled towards a character they can see on screen (like to steps controlled forward, 1 forced backwards) then they start attacking, limited only to a list of words, stuff like that.

honestly though, in general i think the chance of being turned into a zombie is cool, but maybe only for older accounts, or something, ones that could be more likely to rp the situation correctly.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Uh Tanistan, what you're basically describing is telling someone to go on a PKing spree... And helping him out in fact.

So if someone decides to roleplay talking to him a bit he'll end up being attacked by the automated script.

Not the nicest for a RP-ing game.
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:Uh Tanistan, what you're basically describing is telling someone to go on a PKing spree... And helping him out in fact.

So if someone decides to roleplay talking to him a bit he'll end up being attacked by the automated script.

Not the nicest for a RP-ing game.

yeahh... wasn't 100% serious on that bit. second bit i was.
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Rping a zombie isn't all about blood, death and brains.

I found it had more to do with being completely invisible until someone needed a power trip.

Anyway, i personally wouldn't like this proposal, it would be too much coding for an obviously rarely used system, i mean, who's going to RP a zombie when they can be killed by anyone walking by, which most people wouldn't even think about.

Plus ghosts are better anyway.