New graphics - any requests?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

@telescope Both (as you like) xD

dragon dent.... well blame my bad english i mean a dragon tooth...

and sealring ...a ring with the emblem of a guild to sign letters eg....
Greisling
Beginner NPC Scripter
Location: Go for more communication between Players and Staff

Post by Greisling »

Hi Hemisphere and welcome to Illarion :-)

Great to see the graphic team growing!

A non-animated graphic immediatly came to my mind:

New pennants/standards/banners.
Probably it is even possible to make flags with the logos of special towns/guilds (which actually do exist for longer than a RL year at least)?
Hemisphere

Post by Hemisphere »

It's very possible! Actually that's an idea I had myself when designing my own MMO (just a design, mind you, nothing more!)

Custom designed banners etc are VERY easy to make, as it's just a a 2D graphic, skewed at an angle to fit the isometric viewpoint. Or in some cases it can be applied as a texture to a 3D model (for example an image on the front of a shield, or surcoat)

Actually I'm shocked how many ideas of mine (that I'd never seen elsewhere and thought were at least somewhat original) have already been implimented into Illarion - for example the atmospheric trigger tiles. People should be making them all the time ;)
Ashayen

Post by Ashayen »

Djironnyma wrote: slavecollar
Rawr *g*

But yeah, i'd like to see even more nice jewelry than just the two amulets that we have atm.
And to create the right atmosphere in towns, i really really would like to see different kind of houses. I mean every city looks the same, Varshikar for example, a desert-city, could have some nice terracotta-colored clay-walls for the houses. The Northmark could surely have some nice wooden houses.
Walls clad in ivy would be something nice for the eyes as well.
Even the most expensive houses look like normal houses, there is no difference... yet, except for probably the size.
Hemisphere

Post by Hemisphere »

Well then we could have a document (without writing on it), a document (with writing), and a document with writing and a red wax seal. The seal would be so small on the graphic that you could easily pretend it was anything.

Dragons tooth sounds good - could maybe even have one attached to a pendant perhaps?
Pepe Zwirnfaden

Post by Pepe Zwirnfaden »

@ diferent houses

walls with planting hillside. for the halfling houses.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Hemisphere wrote:Well then we could have a document (without writing on it), a document (with writing), and a document with writing and a red wax seal. The seal would be so small on the graphic that you could easily pretend it was anything.
Well documents without writings we have... open scrolls or simply pergament - so for empty documents i see no use....
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

welcome!:D and YES!YES YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSUH! Bears!boars! mountain lions! yeeeeeeessssssssss!!and all those other animals would be simply AWESOM to see in illaRION!:D have the bears hybernate during winter and awl dat! #me is REALLY exited about the prospect of animals such as bears and bats!
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Here's one I've always thought should be ig:

A king sized bed.

And @Esty: Sometimes you wouldn't want transition tiles. e.g. you'd suspect if you had a marble floor with water tiles next to it that that would be some kind of pool or water feature, so you wouldn't want a transition there.

Also, I think room design is rather lacking at the moment. Maybe add new types of cupboards, coat/hatstand, potted plants, tables with a tablecloth on, different jugs and chairs, the mage type stuff that Dji mentioned, Windows with nice curtains, new animal heads that get hung up on the wall (dragon head :P), paintings etc.?

Also, we have snow tiles, but how about ice tiles and ice walls? An ice dungeon would be extremely cool. (That wasn't meant to be a terrible pun btw).

Also, temple walls and pillars. Like..

http://www.crystalinks.com/parthenon1.gif

Here.
Hemisphere

Post by Hemisphere »

:)

Well perhaps some animations won't be too far off then! I take it you'll be the first to donate to the animal pack funds then Olaf? ;)

In the meantime, perhaps some drums:

Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

I really do love those drums!!!

Perhaps someone can give you the illa graphics so that you can compare your style with theirs... just an idea.

I guess it could help you working and you could avoid to do work that does not fit in after all (the drums fit in, no worries!)

Keep going!
Hemisphere

Post by Hemisphere »

Rhianna, I have the graphics already :)

I was talking to Moorfox earlier, and generally we share the view that Illarion's graphics could do with having a much more consistent style in general, and if that means redoing some (or even most) of the old environment art then maybe that's the right way to go.

I think you'd agree that there's already quite a graphical mishmash going on with the current artwork, so the aim is to clean that up as much as possible.

I'm familiar with the isometric viewpoint and general style involved, so nothing I make should appear too out of place, and as some of the poorer and already out of place graphics are replaced, the style should start to become a bit more consistent, overall.

Cheers for the kind words - I'll keep it up so long as it's interesting for me, and tbh, although I've been working on stuff like this since last year, it's just getting more and more interesting as I go on :) Particularly now that I have a real project to apply myself to! (something I've never had)

AlexRose: lol, the list is getting longer and longer isn't it. Room design is *always* lacking in games (imo), which is why I like to make atmospheric environment stuff (all of which is also very useful for RP of course). Stay tuned for plenty of that :)
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Are there any palisade-graphics? I would love to have some in Nordmark *G*

@Ashayen: Thanks for mentioning us ;) although we are called Nordmark, not Northmark ;)
Ashayen

Post by Ashayen »

luls, sorry :oops:
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

Hemisphere wrote::)

Well perhaps some animations won't be too far off then! I take it you'll be the first to donate to the animal pack funds then Olaf? ;)

i have to donate? :shock: but but..i dont waannnaaaa..and the drums looks good, and so does the spears and the skirts AND the bloodied bandage..i think this will amke illaRION more interesting for new players too..especially with hybernating bears during winter in caves:D hmmm..wonder when the "sleeping animal" graphics will be implemented..and bats! and mountainlioooons #me is getting overly exhited

i think i just wet myseeeeeeelf!
Hemisphere

Post by Hemisphere »

Olaf Tingvatn wrote:
Hemisphere wrote::)

i have to donate? :shock: but but..i dont waannnaaaa..!
It was just a suggestion ;) I have no idea how funds are allocated for development costs. If I was spending my money on it I'd make you feel guilty for the rest of your life if you didn't. But I'm not, so I won't :D

(Money isn't something that exists in my life unfortunately :()
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

Wow man, you're awsome... :shock:

I am thinking of a few graphics, maybe you can draw some... ?

- Stairs down graphic.. currently we have a hole with a ladder going down, even if at the lower floor there is a stairway.
Maybe a trap door in the foor even? that you can shift click to open and close (even with a key perhaps)

- Corpse graphics for the graveyard and whatnot dungeon. Maybe even some boiling green slime that can be found on the ground, and any other spooky graveyard graphics you can think of.

- New lava graphic... the old one kinda looks.. well.. dull.

- Shackles.. both usable objects and wall decoration. Would be nice to see those in a prison/dungeon/etc. A skeleton in shackles decoration would look awsome as well.

- Pillory, gallows, chopping block? nice medieval town decorations.

- Severed head on a pike! :D

Well, enough of that, I'll say more when I get new ideas.
Cheers, looking forward to see new drawings, keep up the good work! :D
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

*huggels Ashayen and gives her a cookie*
Well...what about the Palisade? ^^ And maybe Woodengates? And i would love to see strawrooftops ;)
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Better late than never, But a warm welcome to you! I know that anything that you contribute will be appreciated.
Hemisphere

Post by Hemisphere »

Small update :)

A backpack, a spyglass, a tinderbox (it could feasibly be used as any other sort of small box or case of course, but it was designed as a tinderbox), and a bar of soap (the box was looking a bit soapy as I designed it so I got sidetracked :D)
Llama

Post by Llama »

Rye

Post by Rye »

Perhaps it is a little nitpicky but I'd like to see a difference between fur and raw leather.They seem the same to me.
Rekarafi

Post by Rekarafi »

Yeah, fur should be much more...furry. How about painting it grey, like wolf fur?
Would be kewl to see a difference. Mean, ever seen a wolf with hair in the same color then leather??? O.o
Friedwulfa

Post by Friedwulfa »

Pepe Zwirnfaden wrote:@ diferent houses

walls with planting hillside. for the halfling houses.
Yeah... racespecific-walls are very needed in my opinion. Start with halfling houses. That is a big Atmosphere-chance...

You would earn a big Friedwulfa-hug if you could handle this.
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

-Silver ore
-Silver jewelry & goblets (we already have an ignot ;) )
-Pillars (Round stone things that cover the entire height of the level, in castle-gray, fortress brown and white)
-Static flavour NPC graphics (For NPC's who do not move: think Merchant, beggar, monk.. so on)
-Horses + Riders (huge project, I know)
-The previously mentioned wooden (log) house wall graphics
-Straw roof graphics
-Slope graphics, for hills & knolls
-Unpaved road graphic, with the necessary smoothings
-Pike (Ie. a Long thrusting spear, as opposed to the throwing one we have now)
-More on-map plants and bushes and flowers

:)
Last edited by Mr. Cromwell on Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Velask

Post by Velask »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:How about one of these?
Some new monsters/animals would be great actually, but I believe they would need animations to go with them. Horses, Dogs, Llama's etc.

However if you really want a lot of work you could start on the paperdolling graphics. :)
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Mr. Cromwell wrote:-More on-map plants and bushes and flowers

!!!

:P
Christopher..Rigden

Post by Christopher..Rigden »

Tobacco! probably just leaves and then hopefully it can be implemented with the pipe we aleady have. and Hi btw.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Christopher..Rigden wrote:Tobacco! probably just leaves and then hopefully it can be implemented with the pipe we aleady have. and Hi btw.
But if they implement tobacco - we'll lose a meme :(
Christopher..Rigden

Post by Christopher..Rigden »

Arr!? :shock: