Gathering Quests / Sammelquesten

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Sollte sich bis Freitag kein anderer gefunden haben, mache ich auch noch den Sand-Varshiak-NPC am kommenden Wochenende.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Dann mache ich mal den Varshikar-Sand-NPC heute oder morgen.
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

The elves might not be so happy about loads of people coming lumber jacking in their forest.. Just saying:P
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Which elves?
Mesha

Post by Mesha »

Well they sure shouldn't be happy, and they should band together to protect their ancestral lands! I say go with industrial revolution, so we might be able to see elves protecting their home again!
Estralis Seborian

Sorry, boys and girls, for the next two weeks, I cannot work on this issue due to RL stuff and another development project. Take your time, write another NPC if you want, or refine what you have so far! Your effort shall not be in vain!
Estralis Seborian

Is anybody still working on any NPC? I'd be glad to complete this project this month.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Sry dude...i totally forgot that...im still on it!
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

This month? Didn't start with the second NPC yet. I will make him till the end of the week. (If you need him earlier just say it)
Estralis Seborian

Kranek wrote:Ich nehms Angeln
Jupiter wrote:This month? Didn't start with the second NPC yet. I will make him till the end of the week. (If you need him earlier just say it)
Any progress? I'm currently working on the lumberjacking guy, with the two NPCs of yours, this project can be completed soon.
Magdha Tiefenerz

Re: Gathering Quests / Sammelquesten

Post by Magdha Tiefenerz »

Estralis Seborian wrote: Deadline for finishing the NPCs is the 1st of february.
We have almost August now. What is the status of this project?
Estralis Seborian

I wait patiently. Some people made promises they never planned to fulfill as it seems.

Project was stalled for some time (see other posts) and I completed other projects first, giving everyone involved more time. But as it seems, I'll have to do all what remains by myself :-(.
Llama

Post by Llama »

*hug*

If you want I can take one of the projects.
Magdha Tiefenerz

Estralis Seborian wrote:Some people made promises they never planned to fulfill as it seems.
*sigh*
Estralis Seborian wrote: Project was stalled for some time (see other posts) and I completed other projects first, giving everyone involved more time. But as it seems, I'll have to do all what remains by myself :-(.
Well, so much work went into this project already that it would be a pitty if it is not put into the game soon. Before it will be postponed any longer I volunteer to make another NPC if nobody else wants to do it. Just tell me the NPC that you want me to do. I can use any existing code appropriate NPC as well.
Estralis Seborian

Fine!

What needs to be done:

-Mining 2 (Silverbrand)
-Fishing (Zzyathis, points to the butcher again)

Three NPCs are 100% finished, and four I am revising/completing one after another. Thanks for the support!
Magdha Tiefenerz

Estralis Seborian wrote:Fine!

What needs to be done:

-Mining 2 (Silverbrand)
-Fishing (Zzyathis, points to the butcher again)

Three NPCs are 100% finished, and four I am revising/completing one after another. Thanks for the support!
I'll do Mining 2 (Silberbrand) then. I hope that the dwarves of Silberbrand can help me with this. I assume that nobody started this, right?
Magdha Tiefenerz

Hadrian_Abela wrote:*hug*

Do you have some experience with lizardmen? It looks as if Kranek does not have time to finish the Fishing (Zzyathis) part.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Magdha Tiefenerz wrote:
Hadrian_Abela wrote:*hug*

Do you have some experience with lizardmen? It looks as if Kranek does not have time to finish the Fishing (Zzyathis) part.
Sure I'm on it, just tell me what needs to be done, and it shall.
Magdha Tiefenerz

Hadrian_Abela wrote: Sure I'm on it, just tell me what needs to be done, and it shall.
Well, first you should read the description for this project right at the start of this thread as it explains how the quest and the sequence is suppose to work.
You should make yourself familiar with the script language, which isn't too complicated. The template will help you here most of the time.
Then you should contact Kranek to see if he has already done something for this quest. It is up to you to use it or to follow your own idea.
I will have to send you some information about the NPC of the Wheat Farming (Greenbriar) quest because it relates to your NPC.
Magdha Tiefenerz

It looks as if there are some additional regulations for creating NPCs, e.g. to write numbers in words.
I think it would be easier for everyone if these regulations are published.
Friedwulfa

Post by Friedwulfa »

Maghda, wenn irgend möglich helf ich dir natürlich. Ehrensache....
Estralis Seborian

Magdha Tiefenerz wrote:I think it would be easier for everyone if these regulations are published.
Well, not being regulations but rather recommendations, here are the guidelines I applied while revising:
  • Avoid strings with more than 250 characters; results in strange linebreaks
  • Low and simple numbers should be written as words ("I give you ten copper coins for five ingots"). High numbers should be written with numbers ("357")
  • Add as much small talk as possible and give clear hints on keywords. Nobody likes guessing keywords
  • Let the noobs have the tools; demanding them back might cause people to abort the quests due to the tools being worth more than the reward
  • Stick to the template; the quests 1-3 should deal with items of the craft (no, treasure maps are not part of fishing :-)) while the 4th quest should deal with items of the craft, next in the list
  • Give a clear hint where to find the next quest
  • Check your spelling with e.g. MS Word, both for the english and the german part
Llama

Post by Llama »

Allright, I have done quite a bit with the fisher-lizzy

I couldn't think of a 3rd item - since the only things you get from only fishing is trout and salmon, everythign else can be produced by other crafts.

No idea how to do the 4th quest - what exactly should I be doing for that?

Aside from the german-translation requirements and the above two I'm almost done.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

How about a quest to smoke the fish?
This belongs to cooking, but oh well, who cares?

One of my quest by the minerNPC of Varshikar is to get life roots. You need to cut down the tree,and this belongs to lumberjacking, before you can dig for the root, but It's fine.

Aaaaaand...
How about a "bring me three thing of rubbish which you find during fishing"-quest?
Maybe a bit harder to script...but i am sure you can do it :P
Llama

Post by Llama »

Jupiter wrote:How about a quest to smoke the fish?
This belongs to cooking, but oh well, who cares?
Lizzies eat it raw ;)
How about a "bring me three thing of rubbish which you find during fishing"-quest?
Maybe a bit harder to script...but i am sure you can do it :P
Lamps are made by goldsmiths
Boots are made by tailors
Dead Mummies can't be carried in your pocket
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Lizzies my eat it raw - but maybe the lizard wants it for his human friend?

And I really don't see where the problem is with the rubbish items. Who cares if they can be made or not?
Llama

Post by Llama »

Not much of a collection quest if you can make them yourself.

Also I can't think of any reason why someone would want sea-trash.

Maybe the cooking is the best idea. I think I'll do it that way.

Do you need any tool to smoke fish? Aside from the oven?
Estralis Seborian

Smoking fish sounds fine to me, even though it is related to cooking; better than oil lamps in any case!

The 4th quest should point to the butcher in Troll's Bane. So, something like this:

"I need leather/ham/insides because of stupid reason, you can ask for NPC_Name in Troll's Bane, he's a cool butcher dude."
Llama

Post by Llama »

Aside from some minor things like the name of the butcher, and location - mine is done.

It needs a german translation though. Who do I send it to?
Magdha Tiefenerz

Hadrian_Abela wrote:Aside from some minor things like the name of the butcher, and location - mine is done.

It needs a german translation though. Who do I send it to?
Estralis Seborian wrote: For proof-reading, you will team up with the scripter who is above you in the list so he/she corrects your typos and knows exactly where to send his/her own NPC (name, location, type of NPC,...).
That would be me, I guess. Do you want me to make the necessary changes that are needed for the connection to the Wheat Farming Quest or do you want me to send you the informations, so that you can do the changes yourself?