mini games

This is a board that contains all informations related to the Illarion spin-off "Legends of Illarion" / Dieses Board enthält alle Informationen bezüglich des Illarion-Ablegers "Legends of Illarion".

Moderators: Dyluck, Developers

arwen

mini games

Post by arwen »

Thanks for reply about traial of courage. Finally got through with a different method but as a newbie I am not sure how or whether to put a hint with a spoiler alert for anyone else having diffuculty.
I have now been stuck on Castle guards mini game, am playing easy mode and can get past the guards up to and including the ones at the locked door that tells you about switches. From their though I cant see the route of the next vertical guards, has anyone got a screen shot of this please ?
I am really enjoying the game reminds me of the early Laxius games & everlong. Next time I go on those forums I will post a link recommending Illarion cos people are always looking for new games to play.
AntarcticTiger

Post by AntarcticTiger »

I recommend you hit the three switches that are in the northern end of the corridor you went though, as unlocking the door has a prize, and more importantly, a save point.

To the south of the door, to answer your question, are two guards. The corridor is about 4 spaces long, with two guards off the screen. One guard is stationary in the leftmost space, and he alternates between looking to the east and to the south. To his right is the other guard, who strafes back and forth between the 3 remaining spaces. He constantly looks to the north. Getting past these guards will require precise timing, as there is no room for error.
arwen

Post by arwen »

Thanks for the help, also found an old post by Dyluck on gaming net forums with some tips on the guards but still can't manage. After 3 frustrating days trying I am off to chill with another game. Will return when I have calmed down cos really loving the game.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

You said you made it all the way to the locked door right? As I said in the gamingw post, if you've made it this far then you can already use the puzzle skipper option with no problems.

Also, for the vertical guards, you need to stick to the left side of the wall and move down to see how the guards move. So in order to stick to get to the left vertical wall as quick as possible, you need to find a way to hug the bottom horizontal wall in the area before. So you need a different method of passing the two guards instead of the method you used to get to the locked door.
arwen

Post by arwen »

I must have a mental block as far as these guards are concerned. I have tried following Antarctic Tiger's & Dylucks instructions and still no joy. Even if I skip the puzzle & get to the save point I then can't pass the 2 stationary guards either side of the second door. I am totally confused now. Any more clues please ?
Apart from this i am enjoying the game & have recommended it on a couple of active RPG forums.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

After you use puzzle skipper (you must first pass the 3 soldiers guarding the switches first before you use puzzle skipper), you end up next to a set of stairs. Instead of going up the stairs, just go left instead.
arwen

Post by arwen »

Cheers Dyluck finally using puzzle skip & your guidance got past those pesky guards. Resuming playing