(Main/Download) Legends Of Illarion 1

This is a board that contains all informations related to the Illarion spin-off "Legends of Illarion" / Dieses Board enthält alle Informationen bezüglich des Illarion-Ablegers "Legends of Illarion".

Moderators: Dyluck, Developers

Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

@Alex: Alright, that's good to hear.

@Hadrian: Oh and it seems like you got pretty far pretty quick. Did you play the King Of The Roof and other sidequests in Chapter 2 already? Kinda surprised I didn't get any comments about those from anyone yet.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Just started playing. Done the first boss fight etc. so I can't really give feedback yet but it seems nice so far.
LifeWonder wrote:- You should jam the player's commands when it's not his turn in battle. It makes it really confusing otherwise (as it currently is).
Uh.. it's like classic SNES titles like Chrono Trigger, it's semi-turned based but it depends on how fast you can attack.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Dyluck wrote:@Hadrian: Oh and it seems like you got pretty far pretty quick. Did you play the King Of The Roof and other sidequests in Chapter 2 already? Kinda surprised I didn't get any comments about those from anyone yet.
Yeah I did all of them

The murder one was a bit irritating since I didn't know what I had to do - and I could see the switch in the bathroom since forever. The 4 fighters at the end were nice and powerful.

The king of the roof one was funny. The last one was a bit tough but I found a way to beat him... and I love the falling sound, kinda makes you think doesn't it.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Hey people, please help me recommend the game to your "new" friends of Illarion, since I don't know how to make this look appealing to them.

Also, where's all the oldies that that game was orginally intended for? I sent as many emails as I could salvage already :(
Llama

Post by Llama »

Mini Complaint: The 'hunt the fungus' quest was original. But after killing 5 giant worms, then having to {hunt for him and kill another giant worm} for a number of times, it gets rather irritating. I would remove the 'summon giant worm' part of the thing and just make him run away, THEN you bash his head in with the axe in a very awesome battle.

Ah yes, complaint #2:

Some attacks are TOO POWERFUL when they're chained.

The gargoyls have the wind onslaught (or somethign to that regard). One of those hurts a lot, when they all cast it after each other, they'll defentally drop one or two.

Same thing with the salamaners, they have an 'attack all for 300 or so damage'. Nice shocker, but when THREE of them cast it after each other, and 900 or so health goes down everyone, its a tad too much - especially since I don't usually carry a supermarket's worth of food (though I'm beginning to)
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Yeah even when I was testing the game, I thought the worm battles were a bit too repetitive. I thought I changed something to remedy it but I guess not.

Oh yeah and I made a mistake with the salamanders too. They're supposed to be weak against ice and water, but I left out the water part.

And yeah carry lots of cheap food you can use on the menu =)
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

Yeah, the way it's set up, huge supplies of food are a definite must, but given how cheap and easy to attain, I don't think its detrimental, just unexpected.

Also, I will make Inioch and Astral play.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

What about Roke?

Yeah the veteran rpgmaker gamer in me was thinking that random battles wouldn't be challenging enough, especially when you have multiple mages in your party, so I kinda made the monster damage higher.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

So how far has everyone gotten?

It's been a while since the last comment or feedback, so am I to assume the game is too hard or too boring for some people?
Llama

Post by Llama »

Its not 'too hard' which is the problem for me, is that fights are too 'scary'.

What I mean is, I buy some food, and I know that EVERY FIGHT will DEFENTALLY result in me needing to eat some of the food. So I avoid fights, but then I fear that I won't have enough exp for the 'boss' fights.

If there was a natural MP/HP increase with time, it would be much better IMHO. Even if its just (say) +5 every battle turn.
Alsaya

Post by Alsaya »

haha I know exactly what you mean llama, but I like the fights to be honest I always stack up and if I do not have enough I go back to get some more.

I'm now right before the battle against Drahken and I'm scared to actually start it.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

I am at the big fight with the crazy battle music. And I am at the part where things were bad and suddenly got -alot- worse.. and I am stuck there, because my party is really really hurt.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Yeah the way I kinda saw it, was that if I made battles too easy, then it would just result in boring spacebar mashing grinding through the random battles. But since I changed it to a touch encouter system, the random battles are now optional and I figured I could make them cost more damage so that players must find the best tactics and weaknesses to end battles faster and save HP. Then the player could just avoid random battles if they were really low on HP and food. Admitedly, I probably

From my experience though, the normal progress through the game should give you enough money to buy enough Bread Rolls and Trout before tackling any new dungeon, especially when new enemies keep droping higher amounts of gold. Things like Apples and Grapes, you only really need for boss fights, so don't buy too many, except at chapter 4. Also don't forget to use healing skills instead, if you have a surplus of MP items.

@Vern Kron: Perhaps go back to earlier save and buy more Apples before the battle? Also, Cosmaterra, Dyluck, and Damien should have Emberion Barrage by now. Put them in positions 3, 6, and 9 respectively, and you will have a fire mage for every battle against the skeletons, which should beat them faster and save your HP more.

Also put Shi Long and either Galadria or a strong Knight in positions 5 and 7, because 5 6 7 is the group that has to fight a demon with only 3 people, so you'll want to use your water spells and knight attack or healing.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Come on, aren't there more people interested in playing and commenting? I mean, I only worked 5 years on it. :cry:
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

I'm definitely playing, but I'll comment when I'm done :P
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

I am playing or at least learning to play and I you have done a very good job. THANK YOU
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Thanks =)

I hope that new Illarionites aren't turned off by the fact that this is a game with main characters from the past of Illarion who they don't know, because it's the second half of the game that I really want to share with them, where the focus shifts to an all new story about the younger gods and their past, which promises to shed light on the invidualities and personalities of the gods like never seen before.
Nikolaus

Post by Nikolaus »

Very nice game, indeed.
But...I need some help. I am infront of the door of "the Movement" but always when I speak to the they only say "Go away".
I allready spoke to everyone in town..but nothing
Help please....

Nikolaus
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Go north to the castle entrance if you haven't already done so. Dyluck will say something when you leave, and then there will be someone new in town to find and talk to.
Nikolaus

Post by Nikolaus »

Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Just added a Character section on the first post, with some short character bios, as a bit of an introduction to the main playable characters of the game.
Quantus

Post by Quantus »

now if i could just stick with a single game, I'd have a 5-6 year old RPG Maker 2003 game as well... damn ADHD attention span thing...

im gonna go do something else now, cya.

EDIT: I will play this, I know the work and effort that goes into a single game... took me a month to come up with something that only lasted 3-5 hours total, and that was primarily boss fights and puzzles; not plot. And I'm still finding random bugs in it a year later! And thank you for making it non-mashing, I hate the games that take no skill.

Honestly, I'll admit that I officially look up to you as a rolemodel for game making. I've been in the field for the same amount of time, but never made something near this, since I never stick with a large project.

I hope the 5 years of tiresome, and admittedly often boring, time consuming, repetitive work of building, shaping, and fine tuning all aspects of the game pay off for years to come!
Boremier

Post by Boremier »

I've played the game upto the 3rd chapter. And i have to say I'm really enjoying it! Its a great acheivement, considering the limtations RM2K3 has plus it isnt as easy as people think to make an rpg that flows well, but you've done it.

Also loving the character cameos around town.

Great Job!

Matt AKA Boremier

EDIT: Also this game is slowly convincing me to start playing Illarion once again.....damn you Dyluck lol
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

That's the fundamental flaw of my game... it makes people want to go play Illarion instead of actually finishing my game =(

Over 1 month since release and I'm still waiting for the first person to finish the game...
Nikolaus

Post by Nikolaus »

This 16 dragons are...quite strong, thats my problem at the moment,
Boremier

Post by Boremier »

Dyluck wrote:That's the fundamental flaw of my game... it makes people want to go play Illarion instead of actually finishing my game =(

Over 1 month since release and I'm still waiting for the first person to finish the game...
Have no fear Dyluck I'm going to finish the game, so don't get dis-heartened! Just a quick question, how many chapters are there?
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

@Boremier: I think it's better if you don't know, because then it will be more epic when you think it's over and then it continues =)

@Nikolaus: You're all the way to the 16 dragons? I'm so happy that somebody has made it this far! As the library says, they are the strongest creatures ever created... possibly as strong as the gods. They are only optional bosses, so you don't have to beat them, but of course it's fun to try =) In general, you will need Galadria for healing, and Sabrina for her Mana Amalgamation spell to keep your MP up, and wind potions to start each battle. You can ask me about strategies against a specific dragon if you really need it.
The Returner

Re: Main Thread/General Info/Trailers/Screenshots

Post by The Returner »

I think this game should go to indie status and help fund the illarion servers! yeah!
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Have you even played this completed version yet Turny?
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

I will get around to it :P

What, you don't want praise? I'll take it back then! D: