Client problem

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

ogerawa

Client problem

Post by ogerawa »

Uhm.. I have slight problem with the graphic. My health, food, mana bars, mini map and weather/time are somehow got lifted up. As it can be seen in the pic.

http://imagebin.org/index.php?mode=image&id=46530

I did a mantis report, just saying here just in case not many check the mantis ^^
Hawkmoon

Re: Client problem

Post by Hawkmoon »

ogerawa wrote:Uhm.. I have slight problem with the graphic. My health, food, mana bars, mini map and weather/time are somehow got lifted up. As it can be seen in the pic.

http://imagebin.org/index.php?mode=image&id=46530

I did a mantis report, just saying here just in case not many check the mantis ^^
Have the same problem.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

PO Verdazar found out a temporary solution to this, have your client start in full screen mode, then press F11 to go back to window mode.
ogerawa

Post by ogerawa »

my computer too sucky to do that... can't switch full screen/windowed mode xD Full screen indeed fixed it, but can't chat or do other stuff. :cry:
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Retlak wrote:PO Verdazar
*Glares*
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

ogerawa wrote:my computer too sucky to do that... can't switch full screen/windowed mode xD Full screen indeed fixed it, but can't chat or do other stuff. :cry:
just hit F11 twice then.. it'll go full screen then go back normal and should takes the ratio where it needs to be :D i shall test this shortly
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

I encounter some strange image errors when walking, seems like screen update problems. Not so good to see on images:

Horizontal lines with black spots on it (both with same spacing all over the screen):
http://i44.tinypic.com/2mpeyp3.jpg (e.g. on the water)

When entering a building, the roofs etc. are removed a little delayed with some blocky "effect" starting from the middle of the screen; you can't see it on a screenshot (here you can at least see, that the down left roof is still visible).
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Miklorius wrote: When entering a building, the roofs etc. are removed a little delayed .
I love that actually, it looks like you ~really~ enter a place and the eyes of your char take a second to get used to te new surroundings.
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Pellandria wrote:
Miklorius wrote: When entering a building, the roofs etc. are removed a little delayed .
I love that actually, it looks like you ~really~ enter a place and the eyes of your char take a second to get used to te new surroundings.
LOL yes.

I went in the shop.. blinked.. went out.. back in.. blinked.. "Wtf? I need sleep.." out then in, about 7 times until I convinced myself I wasn't halluscinating.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

The roof thing is done on purpose. It fades out from the place where you entered in the shape of a circle.
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

Just have to say that I love the new light and dark effects. Great job! And I also like the "Get rid of roof" effects as well.

The only bad thing is the status bars that seem to have been lifted as Ogerawa posted as well.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

HeXiS wrote:
ogerawa wrote:my computer too sucky to do that... can't switch full screen/windowed mode xD Full screen indeed fixed it, but can't chat or do other stuff. :cry:
just hit F11 twice then.. it'll go full screen then go back normal and should takes the ratio where it needs to be :D i shall test this shortly
This doesn't work. You have to select the client to open in fullscreen from the options menu. THEN you can F11 back to windowed.

If you open in windowed then F11 to fullscreen the problem persists.

I also had problems with horizontal lines scrolling vertically when I walked but this issue is also resolved with the work around I mentioned above.
ogerawa

Post by ogerawa »

Too bad I can't switch the full screen/window mode during the game, because my comp can't handle it *pats old comp* and.. I know that F11...
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Then we must sit and pray to the almighty Nitram for a fix!
Pterry

Post by Pterry »

I can't seem to launch the new client at all. When I try, I get an error message that reads, "Java Web Start - Unexpected Error: Unable to Launch Illarion Client." When I press for more details, I get the following: "Unexpected exception: java.lang.Exception." Any advice? Anything besides "Get a PC," that is.
Pepe Zwirnfaden

Post by Pepe Zwirnfaden »

Die Grafischen fehler, welche Ogerawa und Miklorius in den Links darstellen
kommen auch bei mir vor, jedoch nur im Fenster Modus.

Im Vollbild Modus ist alles in ordnung.
ogerawa

Post by ogerawa »

Pterry wrote:I can't seem to launch the new client at all. When I try, I get an error message that reads, "Java Web Start - Unexpected Error: Unable to Launch Illarion Client." When I press for more details, I get the following: "Unexpected exception: java.lang.Exception." Any advice? Anything besides "Get a PC," that is.
Get the latest java?
Drathe
Official Illarion Banner Contest Winner

Post by Drathe »

Great work all, love it. The dark in the caves is just right and the glow effects are awsome. Dare I say I dont seem to have any problems thus far using vista 64x. All seems well and in the right place visualy, while I do still get the rare freeze up its a lot less than it used to be.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Pterry wrote:I can't seem to launch the new client at all. When I try, I get an error message that reads, "Java Web Start - Unexpected Error: Unable to Launch Illarion Client." When I press for more details, I get the following: "Unexpected exception: java.lang.Exception." Any advice? Anything besides "Get a PC," that is.
Delete the Illarion Client from the Java Cache ( start -> run -> "javaws -viewer" ) and clear your browser cache. Then download it again. Hopefully it work then.

Nitram
Llama

Post by Llama »

Drathe wrote: All seems well and in the right place visualy, while I do still get the rare freeze up its a lot less than it used to be.
Yeah, only crashed twice for me :)
--

Since this appears to be a 'complain about client problems' thread

http://illarion.org/mantis/view.php?id=247
Pterry

Post by Pterry »

ogerawa writes:
Get the latest java?
Done. No difference.

Nitram writes:
Delete the Illarion Client from the Java Cache ( start -> run -> "javaws -viewer" ) and clear your browser cache. Then download it again. Hopefully it work then.
Tried this too. Still can't log on. Anyone else running Tiger (Mac OS X.4) and running into similar difficulties?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Currently the Client does not run on MacOS 10.4 since this Version of Mac is not able to handle Java RE 6.0

I will compile the next version of the client with Java RE 5.0 that will allow MacOS 10.4 users to play again.

Won't take that long.
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

I tried with window/fullscreen mode, reduced graphics and no texture updates, but I still have these strange "scanlines" with black spots on them when moving and standing. I guess it is tearing. Because of the new LWJGL or the light system?

PS: Were there changes to the font displaying? It seems sometimes that the font smoothing differs from line to line?

(Win XP Pro, Java 1.6u7, Radeon 9500 Pro).
Last edited by Miklorius on Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pterry

Post by Pterry »

Nitram writes:
I will compile the next version of the client with Java RE 5.0 that will allow MacOS 10.4 users to play again.
Thanks!
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

After the bugfix update, the tearing lines and the strange font smoothing is gone - thanks.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Health bar issue is resolved too.

Nice work Nitram.
ogerawa

Post by ogerawa »

good job indeed :D
Pterry

Post by Pterry »

Nitram wrote:I will compile the next version of the client with Java RE 5.0 that will allow MacOS 10.4 users to play again.
Works like a charm now. Thanks! And, like everyone else, I gotta say I love the new lighting effects.