Puzzles!

This is a board that contains all informations related to the Illarion spin-off "Legends of Illarion" / Dieses Board enthält alle Informationen bezüglich des Illarion-Ablegers "Legends of Illarion".

Moderators: Dyluck, Developers

Korwin

Puzzles!

Post by Korwin »

Maybe it's just me, but the birds climbing up the mountain in Chapter 2 drove me insane! All of them were very reasonable, except that damn second last set. I did get past at eventually though, so certainly very possible, just very annoying.
Ardian

Post by Ardian »

You can use "Skip Puzzle" to overjump the birds.

Just go in the Extra menu((there where also the Map of Gobiath and Trollsbane are))
Llama

Post by Llama »

I found the:

Bird puzzle and
Dodge the rock to be very irritating personally.

What exactly are Ill points for anyway?
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

The Illa points are just for bragging rights. I didn't find the rock dodging one nearly as horrible as those damn birds though.

Although I'm not sure if the Illa points are working being recorded right. I'm up to the intermission in chapter 2 (with the sidequests) and I haven't skipped anything yet, but Pearlfox still claims I have 0 points.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

The Illa points are working. The most you can have is 0. Originally I planned to have Illa points go up for solving puzzles or doing extras and sidequests, but it was too much trouble, so in the end i decided to only deduct points for skipping puzzles.

The thing about these kinds of moving puzzles is that the more you play rm2k3 games, the more you get used to rm2k3's controls and sprite movements, and how to optimize your control and speed. So for me it seemed like I had to create more challenging puzzles, so in the end the difficultly got a little more steep for newbies to rm2k3 games.

One thing to keep in mind though, is that you can move into a space the moment a bird or any obstacle just begins to leave that spot, so technically you can start moving through that space half a beat faster than what your eyes might make you think.

Also I think the last 2 bird groups were created with the intention to require a studder step, rather than running straight through.

Post by Guest »

it took me about 15 minutes to beat the last enemy at the king of the roof tournament and i had to skip the puzzle with the birds xD
Blay

Post by Blay »

Guest wrote:it took me about 15 minutes to beat the last enemy at the king of the roof tournament
:O
this took me just a minute
Lexis Katarino

Post by Lexis Katarino »

Aww that riddles are such easy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mwqg-IJzlU

:D
Blay

Post by Blay »

hehe, I skipped this one :P
Lexis Katarino

Post by Lexis Katarino »

Mhh you need some cleverness.
Bandorkai

where can I download this game?

Post by Bandorkai »

umm... where can I download this game? and what does this have to do with the mmo?
MagicMirror

Post by MagicMirror »

the hunter

cherga temple

Post by the hunter »

hi guys im stuck in a room of the cherga temple, after the room full of coffins im in a room with some water and monsters and the exit is blocked by a chair plz help
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Some of the water form arrow shapes. Search the spot where the arrows meet.
Berla

Post by Berla »

hi guys im stuck in a room of the adron temple, its the first room to the right where you have to walk on disappearing tiles and press four buttons but I can't begin to think how to do it, plz help
the hunter

last temple

Post by the hunter »

hi guys i just want to know how to enter in ronogan temple if someone can help
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Adron's Temple:

Follow the green line in this screenshot:
Click link if you can't see picture: http://img19.imageshack.us/i/adronpuzzle2.png/

Ronagan's Temple:

Push one of the barrels around and you'll find a way to "break in" to Ronagan's Temple.
Berla

Post by Berla »

Thank you so much Dyluck!!!
Berla

Tower of Enlightenment

Post by Berla »

Hi guys, I am at the tower of enlightenment and I am stuck with the puzzle where you have to answer 10 questions correctly (I got 6 right and I am not sure which ones they were), help plz. :?
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Grey Light Order tower's answers:

Jus
Sav
Erehps
Teef
Roke
Shi Long
Red
Axe
Dagger
Berla

Post by Berla »

Thank you so much Dyluck. (I had figured out the answer to 6 of the questions except for the first four questions). :D
AntarcticTiger

Post by AntarcticTiger »

Could I request the solution to the Grey Light Order's 6 x 6 puzzle? This is one I cannot seem to solve or skip.

Nevermind, it took me nearly a day, but I figured it out.

Though, I have another question now. What are the requirements to enter Zhambra's realm? He said something about having everyone become stronger, but everyone is at least 55 and I don't think any skills are learned past that.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

You were talking about the "Sudoku" puzzle beofore? That's not a very hard one, but good to hear you figured it out now :wink:

To meet Zhambra's requirements, not only your 4 active party members, but all 14 available characters to you must have reached at least level 50. I've checked the coding again, and there doesn't seem to be any error there...
AntarcticTiger

Post by AntarcticTiger »

Everyone is, I believe, near 70 now, with Dyluck himself nearing 99. I've spent my time preparing to fight the dragons.

Whenever I try to enter Zhambra's realm, nothing happens. He doesn't say anything, and it's like something invisible is blocking my path... any suggestions?
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

I've figured it out now. Sorry, it's an error on my part. I will upload a patch later today. If you have RM2K3 you can even do it yourself. Just go to World Map -> Zhambra's Temple -> Last Room -> Zhambra's Realm and open event# 2, page 2, and change variable 308 to 309. This error only occurs if you finish Irmorom's requirements before Zhambra's.
AntarcticTiger

Post by AntarcticTiger »

I see. Yes, I chose to hold off on Zhambra and instead fulfilled Irmorom and Oldra's requests in the meantime. Thanks.

I have no experience in RPGmaker itself, but, I'll see if I can figure out those instructions.

Okay. I got it fixed per your instructions. Also, this could be an interesting tool for, ah, figuring out solutions and such in future games.
marcusellos

Post by marcusellos »

I too am preparing to fight the dragons, What are the requirements for receiving Imorom's emblem.

All my chars are lev 55+, I have mastered the hammer, saw, needle and all other tools. I received all the other emblems without difficulty.

Oh, and how does Shi Long's reap & sow work. Every time I've used it all my characters dodge it.
AntarcticTiger

Post by AntarcticTiger »

Regarding Irmorom, besides the Hammer, Saw, and Needle, glassblowing is also a requirement, you'll need to have crafted a certain number of bottles. 40, I think, is considered having mastered glassblowing. Finally, all crafting recipes should be on hand.

Reap & Sow's animation effect is the same as a revive spell's effect. Given that Oldra is the goddess of life, I'm fairly certain that's it's a revive all spell.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

To get Irmorom's emblem, you need to master the skills of Blacksmithing, Carpentry, Tailoring, Baking, Glassblowing, and Druidry. Baking and Druidry requires possession of all recipes.

Reap And Sow revives all allies at 50% health.

Also, having high levels isn't really a big issue against the dragons, since you don't learn any skills after 55. It's just a matter of strategy and finding their strengths and weaknesses, and maybe having some good accessories. But easy for me to say, since I made the game. I suppose levels do get you some more HP and stat boosts. I'll just say that Galadria and Sabrina are usually mandatory for your HP and MP needs. Good luck with the dragons :wink:
Poke

Post by Poke »

Well for the Dragons I'm gonna choose a party make sure you got the "hit all" and "Element all" attacks against the dragons and I'm gonna start with maybe

Dyluck
Sabrina
Cosmaterra
Galadria

when first party field next party will be

Damien
Xaveria
Galadria
Cosmaterra

there you all have it pokes i hope you'll get the point i have XD