Comments

This is a board that contains all informations related to the Illarion spin-off "Legends of Illarion" / Dieses Board enthält alle Informationen bezüglich des Illarion-Ablegers "Legends of Illarion".

Moderators: Dyluck, Developers

Korwin

Comments

Post by Korwin »

Haven't got that far yet, but so far it's great!

I love how Erdrick shows up absolutely everywhere to try and sell stuff to you, opportunistic bastard that he is.

It was pretty nostalgic to hear the old music as well, and I love the names, "Talking Elk Heads on the Wall," and "I was only trying to push."
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Thanks, Korwin.

I probably should've put Erdrick in more places, but I just wanted to help out beginners in the first dungeon.

Yeah and I wanted to do an orchestrated remix of the "Wanderers Of Illarion" theme, but I couldn't find anyone who could do it.
Triton

Post by Triton »

It´s a great game and i´m sure its the best selfmade game ever.
I realy like to play and the Storyline is worked out well.
You have done a good work and i respect, that you have done such a
good piece of work.

Great thanks to you, Dyluck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I enjoy the game, but how am i useing tools?
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

All the tools like shovels and axes just allow you to gain resources after a fight. Once you have those resources, you use things like the needle, or the hammer to actually make goods.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Thanks Triton, but I'm sure there are tons of better RM2K3 games out there, especially from europe and asia.

Yeah so basically if you own a shovel, you get coal/iron from beating zombies, mummies, etc. If you own a fishing rod, you get fish from beating slimes, etc.
Blay

Post by Blay »

What about presenting it on some rpg maker portals, so that Illarion become even more known?

RPG-Maker-Quartier [German]
RPG Atelier [German]

sry, don't know any english communities :P
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Yeah good idea, I was planning to do that in some english rpgmaker sites later too. You are free to help me advertise in those german rpgmaker sites if you want to, since I can't read german myself. But I was thinking that we should wait maybe 1 or 2 weeks for most Illarion players to finish playing, so that I can fix any major errors or issues before showing it to a larger community.
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

Playing chapter 3, I've come to have a technical gripe. I find it annoying that items stay equiped on characters in the different stories, rendering them unusuable in all the other stories. Maybe it's meant to be like that, but it fills me with rage that Dax has all my best equipment.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Yeah it's kinda meant to be, since it would make sense that their equipment don't magically teleport to each other, although they do share the other items in the "portable" depot already!

Wow when you think about it, that's actually a pretty good simulation of actual depots in Illarion! Not only is it bottomless, it's like a guild depot of sorts, where everyone can access items from various different locations at the same time, but of course nobody's gonna store their best equips for other people to use. =)
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Chapter 3, Damien and co., what seems to be the top... I can't get down, and I can't win.
Edit: After using a combination of potions that I hadn't realised I had, I managed to kill the stupid thing. Yay.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Remember to save in a different slot once in a while, since you have 15 slots available. You don't want to have only one save and end up saving in a place with no exit and end up stuck there.
Japheth

Post by Japheth »

Will post a more considered review later, but just to put my praise out there: loving it! Credible, sublime nostalgia for this oldy. Brendan
Llama

Post by Llama »

*gasp*

Jappy !
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

I love it altough it's quite hard to read the english stuff at the beginning that fast... it's great :)
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Thanks a lot guys!

Also, maybe I should offer a prize for the first person to finish the game...
Is anyone even at Chapter 7 yet? That's where the new stuff begins, for those people who played the old version a few years ago.
Mesha

Post by Mesha »

Dyluck wrote:Thanks a lot guys!

Also, maybe I should offer a prize for the first person to finish the game...
Is anyone even at Chapter 7 yet? That's where the new stuff begins, for those people who played the old version a few years ago.
What kind of prize are we talking about here? >_>
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

You will be the first to get an exclusive sneak preview of a trailer over 5 minutes long for Legends Of Illarion 2, the prequel of the Younger Gods. =)
Zeshyrr

Post by Zeshyrr »

Nostalgic for the days of fish pong, rooftop wrestling, and the original Magic Academy when the teacher/student relationship was wonderfully roleplayed...
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Zeshyrr wrote:Nostalgic for the days of fish pong, rooftop wrestling, and the original Magic Academy when the teacher/student relationship was wonderfully roleplayed...
It still is wonderfully roleplayed, although it's scarce now.

How about you create a mage character and come give us a hand? :-)
Nikolaus

Post by Nikolaus »

Finished.
Very nice game Dyluck, I am looking forward to seeing the next one ;)
This Dai Luk....arr....nasty guy.

Thanks,
Nikolaus
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Congrajulations on being the first person to finish the game (that I know of), besides me of course. I'm also glad to hear that you've managed to beat all the extra bosses.

I assume you also saw the "extra" preview too right? Anyways, if you have any comments or questions about the plot/plotholes, we can always start a new thread ;)
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

Great game pal completed it twice, eveyone else must be a n00b i seen noone say the same no lies.
marcusellos

Great Game!

Post by marcusellos »

Hey, I've been playing this game on and off for the last week or two, you did a good job with it. You did a really nice job with the puzzles and minigames, definately one of the game's strengths. One thing I would recommend is the insertion of some shops for the underworld/battle segment, because I couldn't buy anything for a long time. Also, just curious, is it possible to win the Dragosomething fight that you don't get game over for losing. I am on chapter 11 or something now, I will probably make more comments later.

This game is definitely under advertised in the indie community IMO, I might write a formal review to get it some attention at some of the portals.

Also: If it's not too much trouble, could someone remind me what is the name of that bard that is in the party earlier? I need her name to get something in the elven community.
AntarcticTiger

Re: Great Game!

Post by AntarcticTiger »

marcusellos wrote:Also: If it's not too much trouble, could someone remind me what is the name of that bard that is in the party earlier? I need her name to get something in the elven community.
It's Hyssena.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

@Deuce: Twice? That is pretty impressive.

@marcusellos: It is possible to beat Dragorog, although it is very difficult to do so and therefore not mandatory. Doing so will win you a rare accessory.

Thanks guys.
AntarcticTiger

Post by AntarcticTiger »

It's been... oh, I don't know, almost a month since I started playing this, and only finished it moments ago. The style of the game (mostly the puzzles, tbh) reminded me of more classic RPGs. The game overall was pretty amazing, despite a few flaws (and most of those I consider to be limitations of the RPGmaker's system), I'm definitely looking forward to hearing news on the second game.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Congrats on finishing the game, doing all the extras, and thanks for all the comments and helping others.
zamil

Post by zamil »

I found an "infinite MP" trick that could be used after chapter3!!
The key is Damien!!
He can transfer MP to others, including himself. This spell costs only 10 MP and can produce more than 10, depending on his INT, i guess. That is, if he is in the party, you don't need fish or trout anymore.

After switching party members, monsters will re-appear. Along with this infinte MP trick and a powerful mage(i love Dyluck, he's awesome) in party, it's very easy to level up at chapter4, because those monsters are very easy to beat and have high experience.

Now Dyluck is at level 35, kicking monsters' ass at chapter 5. :P
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Hmmm although it was intended that Damien could give others more MP than it would cost himself (due to the INT), I never thought of using it on himself. I guess there's really no way to avoid this, but I had to put this spell in the game anyways, just to pay homage to the old Lev Pen spell in real Illarion.
AntarcticTiger

Post by AntarcticTiger »

It's not really necessary to use it, though. By the time Damien's Intelligence reaches that point, you'll more than likely be earning plenty of gold to purchase lots of food items, which is a much faster process.