~

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Knighthood of the Temple

~

Post by Knighthood of the Temple »

~the parchment has been ripped
Last edited by Knighthood of the Temple on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:41 am, edited 10 times in total.
Knighthood of the Temple

~the parchment has been ripped
Last edited by Knighthood of the Temple on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Knighthood of the Temple

We shall hold our next meeting at the date and place previously sent to you by doves.
((Wednesday at 12pm CST // 7pm GMT - You know where))

We shall discuss one of the Codes and 5 of the Laws. Then we shall train and challenge for position if needed. Come armed.
Knighthood of the Temple

I have added the crests to Lord N'cal and Lord El's households. I need the crests from the rest of you. I have a few you may adopt if you wish, I'll show them to you upon request.

We are still meeting this week ((Wednesday)), but I have also changed the second meeting of the week to a 1/2 day earlier by request. ((Fridays at 10am CST// 5pm GMT ~ See first post))

We have obtained a rare copy of the "Handbook of the Ancient Language". Shall we sell it to the highest bidder or Ransom it to the Magic academy? What is it even worth? What say you all.

Lord Axim
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

I suggest you hand that book back to the owner, or to one of the academies... Unless you want some very powerful enemies.

~Daelyn Mitore~

OOC removed. This is an in-character board!
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

A parchment has been pinned visibly onto the guild charter. It's written on fine vellum, in less than fine hand writing - it does seem, however, quite serious.

Knightsks of the 'Temple',

This beinks a warninks. Yousks do not representinks the Temple. Yousks not havinks any affiliatinks with the Temple. The Temple beinks not yousks friendsks.

Yousks beinks not Knightsks of the Temple; Removinks the name, or yousks will beinks removed.

Yours,

The Temple
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

You dare to steal my book? Now I will hunt you down and kill you for what you did.

"sky"
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

I say we sell the book for the highest price.

Lord El
Knighthood of the Temple

Bellringer wrote:A parchment has been pinned visibly onto the guild charter. It's written on fine vellum, in less than fine hand writing - it does seem, however, quite serious.

Knightsks of the 'Temple',

This beinks a warninks. Yousks do not representinks the Temple. Yousks not havinks any affiliatinks with the Temple. The Temple beinks not yousks friendsks.

Yousks beinks not Knightsks of the Temple; Removinks the name, or yousks will beinks removed.

Yours,

The Temple
I do not know who this imposter is, however, let me assure you all that we have a charter from Lord Hatarr himself.

Beware spies and eavesdroppers upon these boards. I see three of them here, amazingly found our board. They will try to use lies and deceit to betray our purposes. If we catch them, they will be executed or enslaved. If in any doubt, send a dove to me.

Lord Axim

PS - I have recieved an offer for the Book, but judging from the recent posters around town, it seems to be worth at least a Gold Piece to Mister Travinus. We may want to ransom this Book. What say you?
Slazf Kruvkva

Post by Slazf Kruvkva »

Heed this! Now we find that the name for this 'knighthood of the temple' is not even permitted. Let us not fall among these baboons that restrain us as we attempt to rise! Let us embrace lady Bjolmur and become the 'Cult of the Balor De'Morte!'
Evil should not be held down by itself. Lose your face and join as one! This should not be a guild, for guilds are designed for the benefit of mortals. This should be a cult, devoted in full to she who whispers in the dark! Join this cause and you shall be gloriously assimilated into the ranks of the faceless!

-D'arth Ruv

Cult of the Balor De'Morte!

The 'Death Balor' is a powerful minion (greater demon) of Bjolmur who's favor the cult is trying to gain. The belief of the cult is that once Bjolmur and Moshran are pleased enough (and given power by the fanatic praise) -which is seeked out by priests-, that the Death Balor will be summoned into reality, to wreak ultimate chaos and slaughter -as a gift to the cult for their obedience, the location of the slaughter will be chosen upon by the council -hopefully a Seahorse full of nobles. . The guild is composed of both powerful antipaladins and priests of Bjolmur.

((the idea of the Death Balor is just to create a focus for fanaticism, and also then we dont get in trouble for having a name including a god. too many normal church and knight guilds anyway))

There are two priests and three antipaladins in the council of five, all of them have equal power. The idea is that evil cannot be lead by one, but many. The council will vote on actions (the antipaladins will lean more towards the battle related commands, and the priests will consult the gods for guidance and give their opinions to be tactically aided by antipaladins) only the council members know eachothers true identities. Every member is 'given a name' which is assigned to them as the code name. ((So nobody actually intros themselves IG, everyone just uses the 'give name' command (unless people already know eachother, which cannot be helped...but when a cultist wears the mask, he must be treated as anonymous -even if the name is known-)).

The idea is to create a force that serves the unholy deities rather than concerns themselves with those who join the cultists in their quest. The whole challenging thing should be taken out. If a council member is killed permanently, then their position is taken. The idea of challenging permeates too much honor and good knighthood. If a council member is to be slain, it should be done in secrecy. (this will truly flesh out the weak)

It will be announced that any murderers, bandits, criminals can seek refuge in the cult, but they will be used as thralls and servants, and expected to do more dirty, revealing work that could get them caught. Each one of the official guild members will be issued a heraldic shield (with the balor crest) an identical mask, and a ritual dagger (poisoned simple dagger -it will be demanded that the dagger is always used for the coupe de grace on a near-death opponent, as an offering to the unholy pantheon) The focus of the cult's affections are for Moshran and Bjolmur, and there should be one of each priest in the council. It should be organized for there to secretely be members of the trollsbane guard in the cult, so that is a member is caught, the jail can be opened and the member can be released. if this is not possible, all measures must be taken to kill the member upon any sort of release.

Respect must be given to the council of five, for they are the chosen of Bjolmur, and the motive of the guild is not to elevate the person, but the idea. Evil is to be done in any way possible. Killing within the guild is discouraged, as it cuts down on cultists. All members must pray to both Bjolmur and Moshran once a night. All members are encouraged to perform the coup de grace with the ritual blade (on an innocent person) once per dwarven week (but this is not enforced, only encouraged)
Council members are the original five founders of the guild. The members are only replaced when they die (possibly murdered) or quit the guild (in which case they must be killed) the adjustment of 3 antipaladins and two different priests in the council will be made when members die. Council member must vow not to act for themselves, but for the entire guild, the unholy pantheon of deities, and the approval of the Death Balor summoning. It will be trusted that the council members are doing so, and therefore they must be obeyed by all lesser members. The council members are called D'arths. No one man can control evil. We must stop focusing on the individual, we must wear our masks and become the idea! Become the cult!

((below is a picture I drew of the items that the members are given. D'arth Ruv and D'arth El already support the entire idea. If we get more supporters, we can just create a whole new guild board -since this one already isnt turning out well- Plus, who needs another knighthood? This will be an amazing guild, capable of some great RP opportunities. here is a link to the support thread for the cult, just post your support on it if you like the idea more: http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... 030#570030 ))

Knighthood of the Temple

Lord Ruv has won leadership in an honorable challenge. Hail Lord Ruv!

Lord Axim
Knighthood of the Temple

((the entire page is under maintenance. be patient, thank you))