Seeking 3 players for 'evil' guild

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Seeking 3 players for 'evil' guild

Post by Juniper Onyx »

I am seeking three "players" to join me to create an 'evil' knighthood for Dark Knights and Anti-Paladins. Just like the "Knights of Gobaith" but it's opposite. More lusting for power than the "Grey" 'Crimson' knights.

Illarion needs more 'player' enemies, so this group will meet weekly to learn about Power and to plunder, coerce and intimidate the towns/guilds of Gobaith and especially to act as an 'enemy' to all that is righteous and good. Not like thieves, but a permanent Guild like a Mafia on the Isle with a code of honor and such.

There will be advance notice given to Guilds and towns of raids and such, and rules for RP outlined. Hopefully, we can do this within guidelines and not "Cntrl Click". Some wins, some losses, you as players will decide in Battles. I'll strive to maintain a balance, so no worries.

Eventually, a castle may be built or purchased.

Please send a dove if interested in playing a ''Dark" warrior type seeking a Knighthood. Any Race and ability level is OK. Veteren players preferred but not required. We'll start small and build up like any other guild does.

Thanks
Fayne Bridgewater

Post by Fayne Bridgewater »

How exactly have you determined the Crimson Knights, or at least their leader :wink: , doesn't lust for power? :twisted:
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Personally, I think you'd be better off with recruiting in-game..
Llama

Post by Llama »

LifeWonder wrote:Personally, I think you'd be better off with recruiting in-game..
"Greetings, are you evil?"
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Haven't we already been through this? it didn't end well last time.
LifeWonder

Post by LifeWonder »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:
LifeWonder wrote:Personally, I think you'd be better off with recruiting in-game..
"Greetings, are you evil?"
Not everyone is as unimaginative as you, llamaman. <3 :P
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Fayne Bridgewater wrote:How exactly have you determined the Crimson Knights, or at least their leader :wink: , doesn't lust for power? :twisted:
She does, or she wouldn't be leading it. However, their 'guild' page doesn't strike 'fear' nor inspire 'evil' intentions.

It's like you want to be neutral between Good and Evil with your talk of 'Grey'.

Sorry, not for me. If they can change into evil, and stand by it, then this guild wouldn't be necessary, but I don't see it yet based on what is available.

PS - Recruiting evil characters IG never works. :roll:
LifeWonder

Post by LifeWonder »

Juniper Onyx wrote:PS - Recruiting evil characters IG never works. :roll:
Yes it does. :P Besides, I know you. You're creative enough to pull up something interesting. :P Just don't have your character do something silly, like go recruit right in the heart of TB with the guards squirming around.

Besides, even if it doesn't work nicely, recruiting OOC'ly might not be a better idea either.. On one hand, it's poor roleplay, on the other it's sort-a breaking the rules. The least that could be done would be a parchment on the RPG boards.

Either way, I'm not the illa RP-police, so these are just my two cents.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

you bring up some good points, thanks. A Guild can recruit better than RPG, but a note in RPG wouldn't hurt. I'll do that too.

I am recruiting here simply because I watched the hassle Temple members had to go through when they tried to recruit. Every self-righteous person was out to 'Kill the Evil"!!!

I'm not saying this won't happen here too, but recruiting for evil characters IG is very difficult. Most people don't play evil characters due to the overwhelming Good characters IG. Evil is really difficult to play. So, IG recruiting wouldn't work, but I can try.
LifeWonder

Post by LifeWonder »

Before I started playing Blake, all my characters were evil.. It started getting boring.

Now that I play Blake, I don't feel like investing any time other than in him, because I get extremely bored when powergaming, and a mage has to be powergamed now and then or else he becomes weak as shit compared to others.

I could create an evil character, but you shouldn't expect him to be much of a fighter; I won't be spending much much time powergaming him..
Llama

Post by Llama »

LifeWonder wrote:Before I started playing Blake, all my characters were evil..
and blake isn't evil?

Most of his one-liners in the RP post have this format
All those who [action] will be [threat]

<3 Blake <3
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

LifeWonder wrote: ....I could create an evil character, but you shouldn't expect him to be much of a fighter; I won't be spending much much time powergaming him..
Then he wouldn't be much use in this then. You can join, but he'll probably be a page for a while. Promotions are based on power, pure and raw power, not mamby pamby tests (hehe).

Up to you. Thanks.
Darlok

Post by Darlok »

Juniper Onyx wrote:Promotions are based on power, pure and raw power [...]
So, I suppose that makes me your leader, pipsqueak.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Darlok wrote:
Juniper Onyx wrote:Promotions are based on power, pure and raw power [...]
So, I suppose that makes me your leader, pipsqueak.
I sense a disturbance in the force. Its as if a million junipers cried out in awesomness, and were suddently... pwnt
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

We already have an evil guild. The Temple still exists...we're just evil enough to remain hidden.

We wont tolerate competition. Anyone attempting to mess on our turf, will be destroyed.

End transmission.
Fayne Bridgewater

Bellringer wrote:We already have an evil guild. The Temple still exists...we're just evil enough to remain hidden.

We wont tolerate competition. Anyone attempting to mess on our turf, will be destroyed.

End transmission.

/signed :wink:
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Indeed. It is not that the evil went away. It is just that it became better at being evil.
LifeWonder

Post by LifeWonder »

Bellringer wrote:We already have an evil guild. The Temple still exists...we're just evil enough to remain hidden.

End transmission.
WOOHOO!!

OOC INTIMIDATION FTW!
LifeWonder

Post by LifeWonder »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:
LifeWonder wrote:Before I started playing Blake, all my characters were evil..
and blake isn't evil?
[/quote]

How often have you RP'd with Blake? o_O

Also, double post. :x
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

Who says recruiting ig doesnt work?
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

It actually works the best. Considering, About 3 years ago, I made an Assassin Guild. No boards, no mention of it on the forums. Yet had 10 people in it, and was known ig about 3 days after creation, however, no one knew who was in it, where they were, and when they met. You just have to be Good at being evil :)
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

And not all evil/shady chars are found in town :wink:
Llama

Post by Llama »

Taylor wrote:It actually works the best. Considering, About 3 years ago, I made an Assassin Guild.
The pink banshees? Heard rumours about those.. did they exist? :P
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

The Birds :) And Shh. Those Banshee's were a retarded group of assassins. The recruited on the forums. hehe
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

Fayne Bridgewater wrote:How exactly have you determined the Crimson Knights, or at least their leader :wink: , doesn't lust for power? :twisted:
Power shmower, fayne is hardly evil :P .

This whole thing sounds ridiculous. What does this 'evil guild' stand for? Evil? Money, power, ideology? It sounds like the 'lets pg in the yard and pwn ppl' guild. Create some kind of purpose or reason for it to exist, and then start recruiting ig (yeah, its possible; even i managed it).

Once you get past the ridiculous idea of an 'evil' knighthood, and create something more serious, we may talk.
Fayne Bridgewater

Sundo Raca wrote:
Power shmower, fayne is hardly evil :P .

This whole thing sounds ridiculous. What does this 'evil guild' stand for? Evil? Money, power, ideology? It sounds like the 'lets pg in the yard and pwn ppl' guild. Create some kind of purpose or reason for it to exist, and then start recruiting ig (yeah, its possible; even i managed it).

Once you get past the ridiculous idea of an 'evil' knighthood, and create something more serious, we may talk.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Sundo Raca wrote:Power shmower, fayne is hardly evil .

“He can’t be bought, bullied or negotiated with… some people just want to see the world burn.”

I think we should be specific on the type of evil we are talking about here and from what perspective we are looking at them from. There is the lurking patient evil of the temple that strikes swiftly and recedes back to its shadows. There is evil driven by pious faith that is narrow minded in its goal and pursuits where the ends always justifies the means. Then there is the joker evil where chaos is everything. If the group is founded on solid rp with consideration to the good guys and not everything is a ctrl+click fiasco why not? Evil does not have to be understood... not even by the people that play these characters.

If you are talking about dark knight is not always evil but by whatever means necessary to the end result. Competition, ruthlessness, and of course power. I would suggest not starting something new but join something that already exists. The problem is that we always have starters but rarely do we have followers. The reason I believe roots in the fact that we all get great ideas in our head but do not consider other characters in doing so.

Anyway good luck getting started....
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

I agree with Eli on the whole starters, but no followers thing. I tend to feel that a lot. It is hard to get people to join and stick to certain rules you set without ways of making people stick to the rules, (and kicking them out is far from a good idea if you can't get followers to begin with).

Maybe the temple could use a knighthood of sorts. Paladins maybe. Perhaps it would cause some conflict and make people want to join the "good" side as well and do work. Perhaps it will give people a reason to train (other than slaying the evil in the graveyard). Perhaps there could be an rped war (not so quick to ctrl-click though please). I say go for it, but be careful. Just remember the other side needs people and has a life too.
Garen

Post by Garen »

Dude, I dont see why so many people have problems with being 'followers'. Personally, most of my characters are either followers or loners. And even the loner had someone he 'follows' the suggestions (and orders if any were given) that the person would give.
*shrugs*

So, like already stated: just join someone started (the temple). You'll get to be evil, have something like protection, more people to be allies with, and everybody on that 'side' is made more powerfull(meaning you too).

P.S. I'v not ever really done a true 'evil' character. Most of mine tend towards nuetral, and just do what they have to, want to, or are forced to. *shrugs* Have fun, though.
Kundra

Post by Kundra »

I fail to see the evil in the doings of the temple of late, because they do nothing. They are merely grasping on to a name that used to mean something, a guild that used to make the isle grovel and so on, and for some reason people still hold them as a reason to 'fight' the evil.

Question: How can you fight evil, where evil doesnt exist?
Answer: You cant, you just pretend its there because there is no alternative.

The current situation ig is that apparently everyone is in the temple, but noone talks about it...Well... Like fight club kinda, except fightclub was pretty cool, where as the temple has merely became the majority thus losing their notority.

Its like kids in a playground saying

Kid1: "Hey wanna be in my gang?"
Kid2: "Yea plox!"
kid1: "Your in my gang."

I'm a great believer of the philosophy if your going to talk trash, you need to be able to back it up... And the temple just dont do it for me.
I'de like to see some bonafied genuine evil in this game, so perhaps a new faction is in order. Go for it Juniper san'.

Soz.xxx