Churchless priest

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Daruis Marr

Churchless priest

Post by Daruis Marr »

The walk to Gobiath seemed to take forever, every step on the dusty path, under the morning sun, it made the pudgy man exausted. "Why couldn't they have let me borrow a horse?"

Breathing heavily from the morning's travel, he notices a large rock on the side of the road, and stumbles over to it, sweating profusely and tired. He plops down on the rock, dropping his pack at his side. Gropeing his pack, he finally findings a skin and drops it in his lap, fumbling with the cap. Finally freeing the top, he takes a large swig, a small bit of wine barely running down the side of his hairy beard. "Why do they make me travel so!"

Sighing heavily, he tosses the skin and his pack over his shoulder, once again, starting to walk the dusty road. He nods and smiles to a passing traveler, muttering his usual "Praise Adron" as they pass.

Seeing the gates of the city getting closer, a small smile creeps across his round, red, sweat covered face. "Adron be praised, my travels are nearly over!"

Picking up the pace a little, he thought about his assignment from his mentoring bishop. Showing these people the ways of Adron might be a hard task, but someone had to do it.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

A little way down the dusty road, sitting against the wall of the gate, sits a man covered with a white cloak with the hood pulled up. On his left shoulder rests a large item covered in a black cloth that resembles the shape of an axe, his left shoulder also holds a wolf head carved from wood, attached to the cloak with leather straps. the visible parts of his body show an stunning silver armor. On either side of the man are two black wolves, laying content as if they were friends with the man.

Hearing the foot steps coming down the road, the wolf closest to the man walking pops it's head up to watch him cautiously, the man lifts his armored hand that caries a coat of arms on it and places it on the wolf's head to calm it.
Daruis Marr

Post by Daruis Marr »

Wiping the sweat off his balding head, he walks down the dusty road, the gates of the city coming closer into view. Squinting, he takes notice of a lone man, standing at the entrance, two black shapes resting at his feet.

As he approaches the man, he slowly touches the pendant around his neck. "Adron, guide my steps" He quietly mutters, letting the charm fall back on his yellow, dirt stained robes. Taking notice of the beasts at the mans side, and the large shape he effortlessly hold upon his shoulder, the priest contemplates turning and walking the other way. "No, Adron would not be pleased..." he mutters to himself, quickening his pace to pass the man without incident.

As he nears the white hooded man, his gaze lowers, not wanting a confrontation with such a scary, barbaric man.

"Praise Adron" the priest mumbles in the direction of the man, taking little notice of his own path.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

The man chuckles slightly, he looks up to the man as he speaks, his amber eyes easily seen, ascwell as his long blue hair. His armor and general appearance is that of a high ranked figure, however his nose carries a large scar across his nose, and his demeanor is that of a battle hardened warrior. His words are calm, collected, and not at all threatening

"Aye. Praise Adron, for he keeps our spirits afloat."
Daruis Marr

Post by Daruis Marr »

The pudgy priest slows his pace, until he is as close to the man as he would like to be. With his head still bowed, not looking toward the man, his words barely escape his lips.

"Son, can you point this tired man in the direction of a strong drink? My travel has been long, my flask empty and my lips parched."
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

The hooded man reaches into his bag, throwing a half full bottle of mead into the air casually for the man to catch, saying calmly

"Varshikar's finest. Straight from the stores of the Corulas family themselves. This should last you some time. Though I will warn you, this drink is a bit stronger than your strongest dwarven Ale."
Daruis Marr

Post by Daruis Marr »

Startled by the white hooded man's actions, the pudgy, aged man barely grabs for the bottle, almost catching it. It slips from his fat fingers, hitting the ground with a loud shatter, mead splashing everywhere.

the fat man looks down at the mess, then back to the white hooded man, with a sad, somber look in his eyes. "Fool, I ask for directions and you throw me a valued bottle of mead?"

The priest looks toward the mess on the ground, contemplating trying to salvage any of the drink. Deciding that nothing can be done, he looks back at the man, a very sad look in his eyes.

"Psh, now that you have disgraced what Adron has given us, can you point the way to the local tavern?"
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

The man chuckles slightly tilting his head

"It's down the road a little ways, Next to the market. As for a prized bottle..You must not know the corulas family. They have more alcohol than Adron himself. They are easy to come of if you can find one to ask for it. But the dwarven ale is at the tavern. "
Daruis Marr

Post by Daruis Marr »

The fat priest shakes his head. "Tsk tsk son, you must learn to cherish things. One may have many bottles of port, but what good are they, if they are not cherished? The farmer has many crops, but if he does not take the time and care for each one, what becomes of them?"

The man looks down the road, in the direction he was given. With a slow, foreboding look towards the white hooded man, the priest sighs, and slowly speaks. "Lad, you should come visit the church in a few days. a soul lost as your could use a little help, and I'd be glad to do what I can, if you would give me the time."

The pudgy holy man slowly starts to make his way down the path, calling back "Tis not dwarven ale that warms, but the gods and thier wisdom!"