Antidotes and poison

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Vern Kron

Antidotes and poison

Post by Vern Kron »

I think that for antidotes to work -well-, they need to be only able to be drank after you are poisoned, and then last for perhaps.. 3 mins, perhaps clearing out the poison each time. If you are ambushed in Troll's Bane, most likely one would not be carrying a bunch of antidotes so it would not be an issue then, only when going to places where known poisonous creatures lurk would be.

( Ofcourse, having it last for three minutes may be as a maximum quality of the antidote, and perhaps at the worst diminish the effects of the poison. Perhaps two of those would stop the poison, once. )

As a side note, perhaps having a creature that casts the poison spell would be nice. Not super powerful, just a little poison cloud like mages IG can currently make. Doesn't do alot, but adds a startling effect. Maybe add it to liches. Maybe it is already IG and I don't realise it. *shrug*
Llama

Post by Llama »

This won't take much effort to script...
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

This like undead raptors can cast poison clouds
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

Sounds like a good idea.. As it is now antidotes are almost useless as poison "stacks". You have to drink tons in order to be cured.

The poisonous spell is completely useless :/ It would be great if this could be fixed.
Llama

Post by Llama »

*thinks*

Hmm, was having a rethink.

Giant spiders are only dangerous because of their poison, but I agree that they are very heavily overpowered at the moment. However if taking an antidote makes you immune to 3 of them poisoning you... then its going the other way.

So here's what I suggest.

You swallow an antidote and it removes N poison units. Every 5/10 seconds or so, it triggers again and removes n poison units. It keeps doing so until it expires.

Better quality potions would have larger N and n and last longer.

This way, you are immune to (say) being attacked by a single poisonous spider, but if you're attacked by 2, you'd better bring a stronger antidote - or run.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

There is no antidote like you may know in the druidsystem.
In fact there are 4 different antidotes if you want to see it this way.

Best thing is to wait until the druidsystem works fine enough in this case.
Maybe the devs will, as long as it does not, if you ask them nicely, bring back the classical antidotes.
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Jupiter wrote:There is no antidote like you may know in the druidsystem.
In fact there are 4 different antidotes if you want to see it this way.

Best thing is to wait until the druidsystem works fine enough in this case.
Maybe the devs will, as long as it does not, if you ask them nicely, bring back the classical antidotes.
Aye, we will discuss it with Falk when he comes back soon. But of course the old antidote does not come back. It stays outside the druidsystem.

And by the way, what would be a good price of a "real antidote" of the druidsystem? 5 silver or 10?

Don't compare potions with the old ones. They are more or less the same like a magic spell now, but more rare as magic. Something really special.

But of course that does not help you in matter with poisoned monsters... :?
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Lennier wrote:And by the way, what would be a good price of a "real antidote" of the druidsystem? 5 silver or 10?
Yeah, would say the same. Because you have also to make sure that the quality is good enough.
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

...which is quite hard work... --> 1 hour for 30-40 good herbs which are good enough to use them ;)
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

Lennier wrote: But of course that does not help you in matter with poisoned monsters... :?
Exactly :/ Even bringing a mage doesn't help much atm, as healing only heals "1" unit of poison, and it is limited how many times one can cast. Perhaps it is a bad idea to have poison "stack"?
Fianna Heneghan

Post by Fianna Heneghan »

Just my two cents.

Personally, I think the players are used to the potions that have been around forever. The characters depend on them. I'm not clear why they were removed from the game entirely if what I'm reading in this thread is correct and they also don't exist in the druid system. I'm sorry, but that makes no sense at all. I think the potions should be back ig at the NPCs like before - maybe with another hike in price, but not gone entirely.

Further, I'm disappointed in the ooc discussion regarding how much druids can expect to gain monetarily from their potions. I think bringing that ig would badly diminish the druid RP. Maybe I've been playing my druid wrong all this time, but I'm for sure not interested in bilking people for as much money as I can get from them. That's not fun and not keeping with the character I created.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

All effects of the old potions, at least their effects are createable with the old druids system. A good druid can create a antidote (I fixed the latest bugs on this) that is strong enougth to remove the technically strongest poison with 2 bottles.
Just as a side note the strongest poison a npc monster can deal to a character is 50% of the technical maximum.

The old potions were removed for a simple reason. They are just compatible to the druid system due large additional scripts we want to remove sooner or later. So we don't have to care for 2 different potion systems.
But we don't just want to remove all the old potions from the character right away because that would be mean ^^

Nitram
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

@Fianna

What?
Lennier and me didn't say "A druid should be a rich bitch!"
We were talking about what a potion is worse. A difference like day and night.

And by the way. My char would prefer that he does not have to sell potions at all. But we all know that we need money for something which we need for the potions..
Fianna Heneghan

Post by Fianna Heneghan »

@ Jupiter
I'm sorry, I just don't see how figuring out what price druids can charge for potions in any way adds to the fun or the rp. If you want to discuss further, please send a PM.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

YOU don't have to sell them, Fianna.

Problem solved.
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

The YOU give her the coin needed to make the potions Alex.