The Archduchy of the Town of Trolls Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Nikolai Tiron has become a citizen of Trolls Bane.

Meeting Starting...
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

If allegations of her support of the Temple are true, I would like a formal statement by Archduchess in the matter. If I were questioned and impeached over not executing a criminal, tis only fair that the citizens are given a statement on her relationship with a group that in the past has meant ill will to our town. Hopefully then, the Archduchess will stifle any comments on her involvement in any group with dark intentions.

Also, please excuse me for missing the meeting earlier this eve.

Signed,
Lord Rothman
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Lord Rothman,

To begin with Gregory Hardcast is not even a citizen so I owe him no explanations and he is either blatantly making this up or listening to criminals who were causing some trouble for me in the past. I will swear that I am not bound to the Temple in any way if this makes YOU feel any better though.

The meeting is postponed till the weekend, I will post a time and day shortly.

~-~Archduchess Joxia Doral~-~
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

NOBLES COUNCIL MEETING

Saturday at 2pm (CST-9pmGMT??) at the library.

Salhari

Post by Salhari »

ooc- if it is 2pm CST saturday, then it is 8pm GMT saturday.
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

CONTRACT OF ALLIANCE

CAELUM AND TROLLS BANE HEREBY ENTER INTO AN ALLIANCE

Neither Caelum nor Trolls Bane will attack each other,nor shall a citizen of Caelum or Trolls Bane attack a figure of authority in either establishment.

Additionally Caelum and Trolls Bane will defend each other in times of urgency.

Citizens of Trolls Bane designated as honorary citizens will receive all benefits of citizenship of Caelum except for the vote, provided they uphold the laws of Caelum.

Citizens of Caelum designated as honorary citizens will receive all benefits of citizenship of Trolls Bane except for the vote, provided they uphold the laws of Trolls Bane.

This contract only has affect providing that William Elderberry is in charge of Caelum and Joxia Doral is in charge of Trolls Bane.

Signed,
~-~Archduchess~-~
~-~Joxia Doral~-~
*marked with her seal for authenticity*
~William Elderberry~
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

WANTED ! WANTED !

AMADI YUSUF RANDAL Wanted for high treason against three government officials of Trolls Bane.

ADDITIONAL CHARGE OF RESISTING ARREST HAS BEN ADDED

A BOUNTY OF 200 SILVER IS OFFERED FOR HIS CAPTURE AND INCARCERATION

Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

Does it matter if he's dead or alive?

-unsigned-
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Vigtyr Thane has been made a citizen of Trolls Bane.

Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

MARKET DAY AND FESTIVAL

Is planned for two dwarven weeks from this Saturday anyone wishing to entertain leave a post here and you will be contacted.
Caitir Gilleasbachan

Post by Caitir Gilleasbachan »

*Caitir leaves a parchment with large bold handwriting, the sharpened end of a feather holds it in place*

If in need of a bard and willing to pay, I will be happy to add my services.

Caitir Gilleasbachan, Bard
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Also Nobles meeting planned for Sunday 8pm ((GMT))

Malkar

Post by Malkar »

What is a Sunday and 8pm?

~unsigned~
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Lo and behold unsigned writer, I shall enlighten the dimwit darkness that clouds your mind by giving you the enlightment you so crave by stating your uttermost qualified and just question upon this parchment, of course designed to answer questions, every magister, be it of pauper school, be it
one of the highly respected ones, invited to school the offspring of nobles of Salkamar or Albar in their homes could easily answer.

I do not pity, infact I feel sympathy for your will and boldness to step up and show that your lot in life has not been the best and apparently you haven't received either education.

But to adress the question at hand:

Sunday, or Sundairin, was an old word, probably used by the Yr in their calendars, to give structure to their day-to day lives, by naming each day in a consecutive circle of five days, representing the five elder gods, which repeated itself again and again over the course of what we now call months, and have 16 of which, one to represent every god there was.

As you can easily guess, Sundairin, was based on the day of Bragon, meaning the "day of sun worship" which has been shortened down over time and adapted to form the so called "sunday", used to this day as a
reference point to name days up to 5 days ahead of the current day,
still used in some rural areas of the kingdom of Salkamar, and also around the ruins of Yr-Anbarra, in which the gnome scientist Thubwig Garlswiggle Farington Bronswonblingbill has first found traces hinting to this ancient meassure to name days, now well over fifty years ago.

The results of his work could not have been proven wrong to this point,
sadly they have not gained much reputation among scholars world-wide,
either, so consider yourself lucky that I could provide this answer to you,
and I hope it will suffice to satisfy your curiosity.

As to the question of 8pm, Thubwig has also presented a thesis, upon finding an artifact in the ruins: He has found two cones of glass, hollowed out and connected with a junction that enabled, the passing of whatever was filled into these cones from one cone to the other.

Curious, he has found some paintings alongside the artifact, explaining its set up, with one of the cones filled with a substance, he was sure to believe it to be flour for cultic reasons, and used as some sort of time-meassuring device, as he noticed in self studies, the contained flour always needed the same time to pass from one cone to the other.

8pm now refers to the quantity of times, the flour has passed through the cone, the actual meaning of "pm" unclear, although Thubwig was always modest enough to say that he might aswell just have discovered a childs playtoy and one should wait for more evidence that can prove his theories.

I am amazed that Archduchess Doral has occupied herself with the results of gnomish excavation, and also appaled by her showing off her knowledge like this, assuming the average peasant, which it is clear has written this question for he has not had the upbringing of a noble who has been introduced, even if only marginally, to the stories about the ruins of the past.

As such your question, as the nobles adressed by it might have understood it anyway and you unsigned writer need not cared for this, unless you are a noble yourself, which is, as I find, highly unlikely, was
eventhough I thank you for providing me the chance to sample some of the knowledge of mine about gnomish excavations, unnecessary and highly uncalled for.

Lastly I want to advice Archduchess Doral to use a more common way
to announce time in future, as to not confuse the dimwits of this island once more.

As I have only knowledge about the current state of science (After Thubwig, nobody has realy bothered or showed interrest in the subjects after his death), all my informations provided could already be overthrown by new insights and results from Yr-Anbarra.

I stand corrected.

Fitzgerald Darvinius Morgle,
Travelling Scholar
Malkar

Post by Malkar »

Your essay has left me astonished and enlightened.

~The previous unsigned writer. ~
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

MEETING PUSHED BACK ONE HOUR TO 9 ((GMT )) TOMORROW

Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

DUE TO OTHER EVENT THAT WERE PREVIOUSLY SCHEDULED FOR TOMOROW THE MEETING IS PUSHED TO NEXT WEEK 8 (( GMT ))

((such as the superbowl))
((ARGH...THOUGHT I PUT PARENTHESE AROUND IT SORRY!!))

Last edited by Joxia Doral on Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theory

Post by Theory »

Ah, you know me Archduchess, I shall entertain....given I am able to in my current situation. Good tidings.

~Cleril the bard
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

Its early one morning sun just begins to touch the horizon over Trolls Bane. A lizard walks up to the tavern and drops a large crate of fish at the door. Scratched into the crate is "To the fluffy bunny" What appears to be more writing is scratched in just below that "Tak'Zel"
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Due to some safety concerns about some potions being sold than have been or could be harmful to citizens all those selling potions within the city must be part of a druidic group such as the Free Druids or the Druids of the Forest.

Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

The Bishop Aldan Vian was found murdered in the street.

His funeral will be held in Weststrand near the large Eladn Oak at 5 ((pm CST)) tomorrow for all those wishing to attend.

Archduchess Joxia Doral
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

What a pitysks...I beinks sure he willsks be greatly missed...

Revd. Fr. Grakir, Shaman of the Father
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

I want Grakir to be as far away from that funeral as possible.

Son of Aldan Vian,
Eilal Vian
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

Because of some....uhm...unforseen circumstances the funeral needs to be moved to 7((pm CST))

Eilal
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

I hereby give the priest Grakir strict rights to oversee my son's funeral. Stifle any resistance, lad.

Frealsa Vian
Father of Aldan
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

Aldans Father is dead so don't bother fordging the signature.

Eilal
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

I give rights to the one known as Grakir to arrange Aldan's funeral, do whatever it takes to make it special.

Gladys Vian
Mother of Aldan
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

Shes dead to so why do you even bother?

Eilal
Maeglin Telemmaite

Post by Maeglin Telemmaite »

A black wolf steps into teh presence and leaves a note behind.

I am still keeping an eye on things here.My mother is dead and for as far As i know my father is too.Do not forge the signature or what happened to Aldan WILL happen again.
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

It would seem that...due to some people not being able to come and a few...uhm...issues the funeral must once again be moved too 5((pm CST)) tomarrow

Eilal