The Quest of all Quests

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

The Quest of all Quests

Post by Julius »

Are you tired of the same GMs ruining your fun with awesome, yet, GM controlled quests? I am too. That's why I need people to join my more awesome quest or self proclaimed "Quest of all Quests". No scripts will be given yet, because all I have (other then the large awesomely awesome idea in my mind) currently in my Word document is "awesome".

Anyway, I can guarantee some good rp. :| Just need some volunteers to loan their characters or perhaps loan a new alt and their time to a cool idea I had left over in the old noggin.
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Good luck. It isn't gms who ruin the fun in quests. It is the players that can't react approriately to ig situations.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

I think its more the Gms try to either get the quest done or to please the masses, just take the recent demon quest, it would have been much more awesome if the actually siege of Tb lasted much longer, maybe even after winter or spring, but giving a char some item, saying "kill him with that" while there are several groups on the island still tryieng to find a way to kill him is, atleast in my opinion, wrong.

Another thing that was more player ruined is the judge of faith thing, I really liked the whole setup and everything, even trougth I would like to know what happend if one collected the two magical swords and tried to banish the sceleton again, but another from that was the mood just ruined by those people who ~laughed~ and ~giggled~, while the judge was interviewing the four persons, it just was not fun anymore as this started.

So to summarize, you can have the most awesome idea ever, alas the playerbase will break into several groups, those who just want to go back to normal, those who are not even interrested in quests, those who just want to kill some spawned monsters and grab the treasure and those who want a quest to evolve the way the player want, not the scripted gm way and those groups will never be able to find a compromise to please everyone.

This is why I liked the darlok "quest" aswell, because it actually evolved over months and several groups formed aswell, those who wanted to help darlok to grab some land, those who just wanted to live and please darlok, before he destroys the island and those who openly attacked him.
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

I think a little idea of the quest you have in mind will be helpful to those who may want to decide which chars...some don't want certain ones to be ghosted and the time may be a factor (and no gm has ruined my fun though player quests can be nice also)
Llama

Post by Llama »

The problem isn't the GM its the players.

Remember the nightmare quest? A little girl has a doll which turns into a large demon?

There was a lot of snarling and threatening and good rp from both sides. Then there was some sort of showdown in the demon realm between Salathe and nightmare ect.

I'm sure if the GMs bring a demon to town these days, it'll get pounced on and PKed before it has a change to open its mouth. They've become a joke these days - there's nothing a GM character can do that a player character can't.

What we need is more PKing from the GM side from people who disobey. That'll teach em ;)
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

KIlling the Players attacking a GM-Demon? Good idea!
There should be much more respect for a demon.
If there is no respect...teach them!
pharse

Post by pharse »

Did you notice that there are hardly any complaining threads about a quest any more? Now guess why.

There has to be another way than simply PKing the dumb.
Garou

Post by Garou »

Back to topic!

If he wants to start his own quest without GM help, let him!

Only keep the rules in mind ;)
And: Don't blame the GMs, because we could blame a lot and don't ;)
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Everyone seems to blame the Gm's for the Quality of the game. It's rather not. I've RPed with all the GM's in both thier Quests and on their Players. They are excellent at understanding both RP and Seperation of IG and OOC. The bigest problem is the meta gaming from what i can see. Countless times during quests I see those chars that assist other chars show up with seemingly no reason to be there. The only explination is an OOC call for assistance. There are many times I have asked people to help, this I am no denying. But I've understood the fact that it has become part of the game. Theres no point in playing the perfect way anymore. As it just gets you killed.

GM Quests now are much better than they have been. There were times when we walked around Illa and just killed Mobs because we had no quests or anything to do. Just RP with eachother. Then we had questing teams that were put together. Those didn't last long because people have a tendency to bitch and moan at the stupidest things. Infact, I got bitched at when My Player char, Taylor, waited behind a GM ran Demon with a Malachin Dagger waiting, fearfully, for his chance to attack. The only reason he attacks what he knows can kill him, Is because of an OLD RP session I had about 2 years ago, Where Taylor Gave his life to Malachin to be a protector of Gobaith, Swearing that he will Die before others. In such his Pious outlook overcomes his fears, though just barely. However he is strong in his beliefs, He is weak against magical influences.

Is that enough reason for my acts? In my eyes it is. However 3 people decided it was not and bitched me out about my rp. From what I can tell, Illa's community likes to bitch more now, than before, Which I thought was damn near impossible, but I am sadly mistaken it seems. The GM quests are carefully thought out and perfectly executed. None of thier quests have a set ending unless it pertains to the next quest to be done. You need to look at what happens with people involved with a quest, than what the GM is doing. All the GM does is provide the opourtunity for RP. You all decide how it goes. I for one give kudos to all the GM's who run quests. As their quests have all been, from what I have seen, Interesting and rich in detail, However it may not have gone down the foreseen path do to Player involvment, It still shapes the community within the game, Giving Bards stories to sing of, And Warriors tales to tell those they train.

Thanks.
Broc.
Garou

Post by Garou »

Thank you, but still: Back to topic please
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:Remember the nightmare quest? A little girl has a doll which turns into a large demon?

There was a lot of snarling and threatening and good rp from both sides. Then there was some sort of showdown in the demon realm between Salathe and nightmare ect.
that was a very fun quest =), though it seemed pretty linear. And Nightmare had been under the command of madrook na'haan, so i dunno about him being created from a doll.

i still feel lich wars is the best quest. Have all the GMs plan nothing and each have there own plot and see what happens over 4 months =D
Garou

Post by Garou »

Closed topic, because no one seems to understand what "back to topic" means ;)

If someone wants to be part of Julius quest, write him a PM.