The Society of the Free

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Sundo Raca

The Society of the Free

Post by Sundo Raca »

The Society of the Free

Who we are: We are a society of people who believe order is simply a tool for controlling others, and untill the only 'law' on the island is chaos, people can never be free. We are typically people who have come to discover this through our own experiences, or have been persuaded into believing, or we may simply enjoy causing havoc. We have no openly direct link with any God, and we do not categorise or particularly care about racial or religious features of our members, so long as they do not get in our way. We have no definite home, we prefer to move from place to place. We are not for the weak.

What we do: Whatever we want. When we aren't causing chaos we tend to drink heavily and smoke strange substances.

Our members: The identity of our members are kept quiet, due to the hostility they may receive should the public gain knowledge of it. If you are interested, seek out me; 'Wolf'.

Our rules: We have no actual rules, save for the idea of comradeship and loyalty between members. If the society is betrayed from within, they will be hunted down untill either the traitor or the hunters have been slain. New members are initiated thoroughly.

I, Wolf, invite all those who have been cast aside or have found their existence purposeless to come join us. Knights not welcome.

((ooc: no spam please. Anyone who wants to join has to contact by dove.))
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

The society is currently opening its arms to assasination offers. To be conducted under our terms and ideals, of course. Send me a dove.

~Wolf
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

We meet tommorow, (22:00 gmt) by the desert teleporter.

~Wolf
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

((ooc message to all members: dont start any fires. I dont actually know if any of you have, but incase you are doing it, gms say to stop))
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

A society update:

We have structured within our group an order of assassins. This order includes our own members who are particularly suited in the skill of assassination. These assassins will take contracts through me from people on the isle, (sent by dove or other) and they will be handpicked for each official job, based on their abilities.

Assassin types:

Young blade: 25 silver to hire. These have limited experience, and there may be a possibility of faliure during their missions, which makes them cheap to hire but risky to use.

Experienced blade: 50 silver to hire. A trained assassin who is recognised as having solid knowledge of what they are doing. More reliable, better likelyhood of success.

Master blade: 1 gold coin (or powerful magical item. Terms debatable). An assassin who never fails.

All offers will be approved by me first, before i will assign a blade to the prospective task. The payment will go through me.

We do not discriminate against clients, and we promise total anonymity.

~Wolf
Larien.

Post by Larien. »

An elfess steps up and hastily scrawls a few words across the first parchment:

Wolf has betrayed us all. He has pledged his life and his sword to that damn Rotman. I am stepping into his place. All members are instructed to stay well away from him. We will have a meeting to discuss plans for the future within the next dwarven week. Any questions, send a dove.

P
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

*A scrawled message is pinned to the above, it seems to have been ripped from the corner of another parchment*

I would like to join, if there is a place available.

G.S.
Larien.

Post by Larien. »

We will meet ((Saturday, 1600 GMT)), by the Varshikar teleporter.

P

((this is pretty tentative, actually. weekends are kind of iffy for me.))
Larien.

Post by Larien. »

The meeting has been pushed back. ((1800 GMT))

P
Larien.

Post by Larien. »

Every single member needs to send me a dove if they still consider themselves a part of the society.

P
Aurelius

Post by Aurelius »

I would like to join this band of miscreants. You seem like men of ambition and cunning.

~Max
Larien.

Post by Larien. »

A hastily scrawled note is pinned beneath the others

Be wary of any false doves. Do not give any information, send it flying straight for me, this imposter will be taken care of.

P
The Cult

Post by The Cult »

A neat piece of parchment is tacked up with an animal claw. Written in ink is a message:

Chaos is not evil. But it is an aspect of the type of evil embodied by the cult. Your society has some of the same goals as ours. Let us have no conflict between our organizations. An agreement of peace is proposed. Let 'criminals' join to overthrow the laws that pin us down.

-Anon