drying herbs

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Gilly

drying herbs

Post by Gilly »

Quoted from News: Since this change will disadvantage those who collect many plants for reasons other than crafting alchemical potions, we've implemented the ability for players to 'dry' plants on wooden plates. Drying plants in this way will lower the quality of the plants to the same low level, making them stackable. In that state they'll be able to be used for all previous uses without any difficulties, however their use in potions will be hindered by their low quality.

My question for clarification is this:
Will there be a message or some way to know when the herbs are dried and then stackable? I have had some sibanac leaves stacked on a plate for 3 days now and when I remove them they still do not stack is what is prompting the question.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

I think you got something wrong there. Herbs are never stackable. Only on the plates they "kind of stack". But you have to keep the herbs on the plate.

Nitram
Gilly

Post by Gilly »

If herbs are never stackable why is this line written in the Illarion News I just quoted above? "Drying plants in this way will lower the quality of the plants to the same low level, making them stackable."

My understanding of this sentence with english as my primary language is that once they have been put on the plate they will stack once they are removed.
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

The druidsystem is completly new and still in permanent flow. Things changes until problems are solved, which were noticed only by public use and testing.

I would bet that the current situation is not the last one. News published days ago ready can be outdated now
Gilly

Post by Gilly »

That response works for me, I totally understand new systems such as the one for druids need time to be fully completed.
Falk vom Wald

Post by Falk vom Wald »

There are plants, which are used for cooking or other reasons, they are not individualized but shall be stackable.
There are other plants, that are individualized, so they can't be put on a stack.
By the price of losing their individual quality we have given the opportunity to stack those plants "on a table" which was, in a rp-way, described as "drying herbs". So you can collect them on a plate, they lose their quality to a common value which the also have when taken from the plate. Therefor those "dryed" herbs can be used for other reasons than druidism, for making broths they will give the liquid a bad quality at its all.
Outside a plate, those plants are still unstackable.

To prevent a druid herb from losing its quality you must not dry it, not store it on a plate but keep it individually in your depots.
Gilly

Post by Gilly »

ah ha :) now I understand. Thank you that explanation makes sense to me.
Falk vom Wald

Post by Falk vom Wald »

Feel welcome. :)
Pepe Zwirnfaden

Post by Pepe Zwirnfaden »

How can I see the quality of plants?

-------------------------------------------
Wie sehe ich die Qualität der Pflanzen?
Xandrina

Post by Xandrina »

In dem du die entsprechende Rune benutzt, hast du sie nicht kannst du sie nicht erkennen.
Gilly

Post by Gilly »

I am working out the ways to gather my herbs without confusion and wanted to give a BIG THANK YOU to the Devs for already fixing the veggies and fruits so they are again stackable.
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

I noticed though, that now all mushrooms are no longer medicinal. Red elder, toadstool, birthmushroom, etc. I don't think these were used in cooking before, is this an intentional change?
Magdha Tiefenerz

Post by Magdha Tiefenerz »

Xandrina wrote:
Pepe Zwirnfaden wrote:How can I see the quality of plants?

In dem du die entsprechende Rune benutzt, hast du sie nicht kannst du sie nicht erkennen.
The determining of the quality of herbs is a magical property? Very interesting. :?
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Magdha Tiefenerz wrote:
Xandrina wrote:
Pepe Zwirnfaden wrote:How can I see the quality of plants?

The determining of the quality of herbs is a magical property? Very interesting. :?
Nun..
Die Qualität bezieht sich mehr auf die Qualität des in der Pflanze enthaltenden Wirkstoffes, wenn du so willst.
Von daher ist es wohl eine Gabe, dass du diese erkennst ohne große rumtesten zu müssen.
Falk vom Wald

Post by Falk vom Wald »

Jupiter wrote: Die Qualität bezieht sich mehr auf die Qualität des in der Pflanze enthaltenden Wirkstoffes, wenn du so willst.
Von daher ist es wohl eine Gabe, dass du diese erkennst ohne große rumtesten zu müssen.
Absolut! Durch seine alchemistische Übung erfährt der Druide mehr über die Beschaffenheit von Pflanzen als der Normalo. Die Bindung an eine Rune hat weniger mit "Magie" zu tun, als mit dem Umstand, dass man dem Truthahn sagen muss, was man von ihm will.