Frequent Crashes

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

abcfantasy

Frequent Crashes

Post by abcfantasy »

I know there's a problem with the graphic library or whatever it was, that caused occassional crashes, but I'm starting to suspect it's not that (alone) that's causing my crashes.

With other chars, the client rarely crashes (it does, but not often). But with my main char, it crashes from 1 to 3 times each time I log in, and frequently enough during play. Could it be same irrepairable problem or maybe something else?

This is what the error log shows:

Code: Select all

Illarion Client V1.11 started Thu Jan 22 21:12:28 CET 2009
VM: 1.6.0_11
Possible duplicate ID 1911455144 for Richard Martins
found ID 1755313688 for Richard Martins
Possible duplicate ID 1994122171 for Sebastian Spoonbreeze
found ID 1985793864 for Sebastian Spoonbreeze
found ID 4278190096 for Bernardo von Hochfels
found ID 4278190093 for Bernardo von Hochfels
java.util.NoSuchElementException
	at java.util.LinkedList.remove(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.LinkedList.removeFirst(Unknown Source)
	at illarion.client.b.t.a(Unknown Source)
	at illarion.client.c.g.run(Unknown Source)
Thanks for any help.
Llama

Post by Llama »

*squints at the java*

Apparently something's messed up with some sort of storage thing you're tryign to remove.

I base this simply on the java error code. Where you trying to move something at the time?
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

I was trying to log in actually. So far I've had about 5 login crashes today. :(
Magdha Tiefenerz

Post by Magdha Tiefenerz »

Yeah, it seems the crashes are back again together with the "you loose everything you did the last hour"-thing. Well, somehow I just have missed it. :wink:
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

This has been happening to me since over 2 months. I just thought it was that irrepairable problem, but now I think it might not be that.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Same error here:

Code: Select all

Illarion Client V1.11 started Thu Jan 22 20:58:16 CET 2009
VM: 1.6.0_11
java.util.NoSuchElementException
	at java.util.LinkedList.remove(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.LinkedList.removeFirst(Unknown Source)
	at illarion.client.b.t.a(Unknown Source)
	at illarion.client.c.g.run(Unknown Source)
I did nothing at the given time.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Was anyone around you doing anything?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Thats the "I don't feel like running further"-Java Error. There is no reason for this. I even got it while I was alone on the testserver on a map with a single tile type, and no items on the map or on my character.

And I did nothing and out of the blue "bam"

java.util.strangeErrors.annoyUser.NoSuchElementException
Magdha Tiefenerz

First time I was walking near the cemetery when the crash occurred. The second time I was hunting rabbits with a bow near the northern woods. Sorry, I don't see anything special in the things I was doing. Maybe it happens when some of the new herbs are loaded to be displayed on the map?
Estralis Seborian

Read Nitram's post ;-)
There is no reason for this.
Magdha Tiefenerz

:oops: Sorry, I did read that wrong. Seems I need a coffee.

But one question, why didn't these crashes occur before the new druid system was introduced. At least I had now problems with crashes. So something must have changed.

Edit: Maybe we have different kinds of crashes because I noticed that the second crash must have been on the server side as well. I had checked the homepage and saw that nobody was playing. And this state lasted a couple of minutes.
While in the first case my character was placed in the same spot again when the crash happened but the part of the mapped that I had discovered on the way to this spot was missing.
Estralis Seborian

That was a server crash. The error reported in this topic is client sided, when the server crashes, everyone gets kicked, when your client crashes, only you are kicked (or not, your character may stand around idle for some time and then gets kicked by the server for inactivity)
Last edited by Estralis Seborian on Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Estralis Seborian wrote:That was a server crash. The error reported in this topic is client sided, when the server crashes, everyone gets kicked, when your client crashes, only you are kicked (or not, your character may stand around idle for some time and then gets kicked by the server for inactivity)
Fixed before someone gets confused
Magdha Tiefenerz

Estralis Seborian wrote:That was a server crash. The error reported in this topic is client sided, when the client crashes, everyone gets kicked, when your client crashes, only you are kicked (or not, your character may stand around idle for some time and then gets kicked by the server for inactivity)
Yes, it seems both kind of crashes have happened to me. But I still think that both are quite new. I don't think that much if anything has changed on the client side. And the java version has been "jre1.6.0_02" for quite some time now, right? Maybe there is something in the communication between the client and the server which is not dealed properly with on the client side.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Magdha Tiefenerz wrote: And the java version has been "jre1.6.0_02" for quite some time now, right? Maybe there is something in the communication between the client and the server which is not dealed properly with on the client side.
Actually: Recommended Version 6 Update 11
Since Nov 28th 08

http://www.java.com/en/download/windows ... ava.com:80
Magdha Tiefenerz

Hadrian_Abela wrote: Actually: Recommended Version 6 Update 11
Since Nov 28th 08

http://www.java.com/en/download/windows ... ava.com:80
Hmmm, does this version produce more or less crashes? I had about two crashes of the client last week. But others seem to have crashes of the client more frequently than that.
Llama

Post by Llama »

I can't vouch for anything to be honest, but its the latest version of java so its supposed to be less bug-ridden and more efficient.