Bones

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Mabz

Bones

Post by Mabz »

Hey, I was wondering if when you slay an animal it would be possible for you to not only collect its entrails and meat but also its bones? they could be used for many things like crushed with the mortar and used by druids. Also carved with the carving tools used for carpentry into things like handles and combs and things. And even encrusted with jewels!
It would probably take a long time to do it all but it would be great (well i think so).
Magdha Tiefenerz

Post by Magdha Tiefenerz »

Problem is that no new items can be introduces to the system at the moment.
Yes, more items from corpses would be nice. How about a new skill to get things from corpses, something like "skinning" or "disembowel"? That would give the hunters something besides the shooting skill.
Last edited by Magdha Tiefenerz on Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

A good start would be that skelleton drop their heads.
We have the grafic
Llama

Post by Llama »

Magdha Tiefenerz wrote:How about a new skill to get things from corpses, something like "skinning" or "disembowel"?
Disembowelment is a method of execution to be honest ;)

And I don't agree with the new skill idea, since killing animals for leather ect is one of the things a newbie fighter can do, best leave it that way.

Otherwise this'll fall under the 'we don't have graphics' heading. Sadly :(
Magdha Tiefenerz

Jupiter wrote:A good start would be that skelleton drop their heads.
We have the grafic
This is just gross. :wink: But you are right, there is a skull staff. It is for the more sinister types of characters I guess.
Last edited by Magdha Tiefenerz on Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

A carpenter can use this skull to make such a staff, yes hehe.
Magdha Tiefenerz

Hadrian_Abela wrote: Disembowelment is a method of execution to be honest ;)
To disembowel an animal means to get its entrails as far as I know. I checked it with my dictionary as well. But we can call it "dissection" or something else. And about the newbie fighter thing: Why not allow the skinning as the first step with this skill? Many skills start with "simple products". I'm not familiar with skinning so I can't tell how hard it is.
Llama

Post by Llama »

I think if you create two paths -

Fighter (Hunts pigs, then mummies, then skellies ect...)
and
Hunter (Hunts pigs and other animals)

Then nobody will skill up the hunter skill except the odd smith or tanner who doesn't buy the leather.

Nobody would want to train a skill to get bones and meat, when he can become a proper fighter and get all the nice stuff fighters get.
Mabz

Post by Mabz »

I wasnt really thinking about having a new skill more that there would be more objects and things to make and sell.
Magdha Tiefenerz

Mabz wrote:I wasnt really thinking about having a new skill more that there would be more objects and things to make and sell.
Yes, I think we are aware that you "just" proposed bones from corpses. I suggested the skill because I don't think that we should give things just for "free" to everyone. I would like to give players, who want to play something other than the "usual" fighter or mage, something to define their characters.
Hadrian_Abela wrote:I think if you create two paths -

Fighter (Hunts pigs, then mummies, then skellies ect...)
and
Hunter (Hunts pigs and other animals)

Then nobody will skill up the hunter skill except the odd smith or tanner who doesn't buy the leather.

Nobody would want to train a skill to get bones and meat, when he can become a proper fighter and get all the nice stuff fighters get.
I don't think that two paths would necessary. With the basic skill you can get meat or/and leather, so the usual fighter is not "punished". But if you want to get more precious or special things (e.g. bones, tooth, hide) from a corpse you have to be better with this skill. And that's when you have to train this skill.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Personally I think its much MUCH easier to get bones from a corpse then it is to cut its skin in a way that the leather doesn't fall to pieces.

But that's probably just me.
Magdha Tiefenerz

Hadrian_Abela wrote:Personally I think its much MUCH easier to get bones from a corpse then it is to cut its skin in a way that the leather doesn't fall to pieces.
We can still exchange the leather for bones but I would consider this fine tuning of the skill.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Proposal in german cause of my bad english. maybe someone could translate?

Man könnte doch Leichen einführen. Töte ein Schwein. Was bleibt is ne Schweineleiche. Diese benutzt man nun mit einem Messer/Dolch in der Hand.
Je nach Skill erhält man Leder, Fleisch, Eingeweide, Knochen, Klauen, Zähne etc.
Durch das ausnehmen steigt der Skill.
Dadurch wird auch das vermehrte töten der Schweine verhindert. Wie beim Bäumefällen: Je besser der Skill, desto mehr brauchbares Leder kriegt man von ner Sau.
Als temporäre Grafik für den Kadaver könnte man Eingeweide nehmen oder ähnliches.
Was sagt ihr?
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Dann führen wir doch einfach das Schlachterhandwerk ein :wink:

Das vermisse ich eh.
Pepe Zwirnfaden

Post by Pepe Zwirnfaden »

Die idee ist klasse, dann werden die Kämpfer auch nicht so reich durch Leder und ähnliches.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Die Idee mit den Leichen ist nicht neu, aber durch aus gut. Das Problem das uns im Augenblick davon abhält ist die Tatsache das wir die Modelle der Originalcharaktere in weiten Teilen nicht mehr haben und so verhindert wird das wir sie in anderen... Positionen rendern und ins Spiel bringen.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

eine leiche mit der rgafik von eingeweiden würde als übergangslösung langen denke ich.
macht einfach ein item "schweine kadaver" mit eingeweidegrafik und dem script.
ich denke der mangel an grafiken sollte sowas nich aufhalten. im notfall kann man rechtzeitig zu nem neuen clientupdate (grafikeinbau) einfach n screenshot nehmen, bissl blut dann und drehen. als provisirum langt das denke ich...
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Kranek wrote:einfach n screenshot nehmen, bissl blut dann und drehen. als provisirum langt das denke ich...
Klingt bißchen wie Schweinebraten mit Ketchup :P
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

jau....nur mit weniger kalorien *g*
Telathon

Post by Telathon »

Bitte bedenkt bei Leichen und dem ganzen Kram, das hier auch Jugendliche unter 18 Jahren spielen.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Solange sich die Spieler an die Empfohlenen 16 Jahre alten seh ich da kein großes Problem ;)
Mabz

Post by Mabz »

i cant understand german! so is this a good idea or not? i think it would be good to do the skill thing like you have to trian it to collect the bones and the teeth is a good idea too.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

The idea is alright but not ugent to be realized.
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

THough I think it would be awsome if its ever added! :D :shock:
Telathon

Post by Telathon »

Nitram wrote:Solange sich die Spieler an die Empfohlenen 16 Jahre alten seh ich da kein großes Problem ;)
Auch, die unter 16 dürfen einfach nicht hinschauen :) hmm...eine System-Message: "Unter 16 Jahren bitte nicht hinschauren. Hinschauen auf eigene Gefahr!"
:P
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Wir könnten bei U-16 Spielern nen Zensurbalken drüber kleben. Ebenso bei Vulgärsprache oder ähnlichem...
Ich wette, dass es dann Wettbewerbe gibt, wer den Bildschirm komplett schwarz kriegt *g*
Thanseus Valerian
Location: Nichts ist drinnen, nichts ist draußen, was drinnen ist ist draußen, was draußen ist ist drinnen.

Post by Thanseus Valerian »

Jetz mal ehrlich^^^Heutzutage sieht sich eh jedes 10 Jährige Kind Saw usw. an. Da wird so ne Leichengrafik in nem Mittelalter Fantasy Spiel ja wohl nicht so schlimm sein
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Es ist vollkommen gleich was irgendwelche zehnjähriegen Kids tun. Es geht weder um Vernunft noch Moral noch Ethik sondern um die Rechtssicherheit des Vereins.

Solange Illarion keinen effektiven Altersschutz hat (was wohl weder angestrebt noch technisch machbar ist) wird es keine jugendgefährdenden Inhalte geben, dazu zählen wohl auch all zu gewaltsame Darstellungen.