Gathering Quests / Sammelquesten

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Estralis Seborian

Gathering Quests / Sammelquesten

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Fellow Illarionites,
an ongoing development project needs your support! As many might know, martin and Nitram developed the Simple NPC Scripting Language for Illarion. It enables everyone to write simple NPCs and quests without any knowledge in programming languages. However, it is rarely used for this original purpose.

So I wrote a simple template for generic, static quests for new players. The quests are easy to solve and deal with resource gathering. All quests work the same way and have the aim to reward players for simple actions once. Also, the quests are losely interconnected - for solving the last subquest of one NPC, the player is sent into the direction of another NPC. However, all quests can be done indepently. Each NPC has 4 subquests:
  • Simple Gathering: You gather 10 items, easily found - reward 40cp
  • Advanced Gathering: You gather 20 items, easily found - reward 80cp
  • Rare Gathering: You gather 5 items, hard to find - reward 100 cp
  • Distant gathering: You gather 10 items to be found far away in order to interconnect the gathering quests - reward 200cp
So, how can you help? The template needs custom dialogues for each NPC. As long as the quest part remains clear, those dialogues can be as creative as possible. I exspect dialogues can be written in one hour - fame and glory are guaranteed. You should either be able to write bilingual dialogues or team up with a translator. Keep in mind that the last quest should always point towards another NPC. These are the quests that are to be assigned:
  • Butcher (Troll's Bane, points to the copper mine) :arrow: Jupiter (done)
  • Mining 1 (Copper mine) :arrow: Lillian (done)
  • Herb lore (Falkner's Shrine) :arrow: Estralis (done)
  • Sand (Varshikar) :arrow: Jupiter (done)
  • Mining 2 (Silverbrand) :arrow: Magdha Tiefenerz (in work)
  • Lumberjacking (Tol Vanima) :arrow: Matron/Estralis (50% completed)
  • Wheat farming (Greenbriar) :arrow: Magdha Tiefenerz (done)
  • Fishing (Zzyathis, points to the butcher again) :arrow: Kranek (pending)
1st objective would be to chose four fitting items - three ressources or simple intermediate materials (e.g. smoked ham or dry leather for the butcher) and one item that can be gathered at the location named at the quest below the chosen quest. So, when you pick "Mining 2", you chose three resources that can be mined at Silverbrand and one resource that is gained by lumberjacking, pointing the player towards Tol Vanima.

For proof-reading, you will team up with the scripter who is above you in the list so he/she corrects your typos and knows exactly where to send his/her own NPC (name, location, type of NPC,...).

If you want to take over a quest, just drop me a note. Deadline for finishing the NPCs is the 1st of february.

Note that if you finish one quest, you have made half of the road to earn your title as NPC Scripter, see: http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=25192 . So, two quests will earn you a unique forum rank *cough* *hint* *cough*.

In order to be able to judge the effort, here is the code of the template:

Code: Select all

name="NAME" 
sex=GENDER --male/female
race=RACE --human, elf, dwarf, lizard, orc,...
position=0, 0, 0 --NAME OF LOCATION 
direction=South --North/South/West/East 
QuestID=0 --A developer will assign an ID

--Queststatus Overview

--0: No Quest taken
--1: Quest 1 taken - gather 10 raw materials for 40cp
--2: Quest 1 solved
--3: Quest 2 taken - gather 20 raw materials for 80cp
--4: Quest 2 solved
--5: Quest 3 taken - gather 5 rare raw materials for 100cp
--6: Quest 3 solved
--7: Quest 4 taken - gather 10 distant raw materials for 200cp
--8: Quest 4 solved

--Help 

"Help"->"[Game Help] This NPC is the (PROFESSION) (NAME). Keyphrases: Hello, quest, (TOOL), (PROFESSION)." 
"Hilfe"->"[Spielhilfe] Dieser NPC ist (der/die) (BERUF) (NAME). Schlüsselwörter: Hallo, Quest, (WERKZEUG), (BERUF)." 

--General speech

"Hello","Greetings","Be greeted","Hail","Good day","Good morning","Good evening"->"ANSWER1","ANSWER2","ANSWER3"
"Grüße","Gruß","Seid gegrüßt","Guten Tag","Guten Abend","Mahlzeit","Tach","Moin"->"ANSWER1","ANSWER2","ANSWER3"
"Hiho","Hallo","Hey","Greebas","Greebs",english->"ANSWER1","ANSWER2","ANSWER3"
"Hiho","Hallo","Hey","Greebas","Greebs",german->"ANSWER1","ANSWER2","ANSWER3"
"Farewell","Good bye","Bye","Fare thy well"->"ANSWER1","ANSWER2","ANSWER3"
"Tschüß","Tschüss","Wiedersehen","Gehabt euch wohl"->"ANSWER1","ANSWER2","ANSWER3"
"Ciao","Adieu","Au revoir",english->"ANSWER1","ANSWER2","ANSWER3"
"Ciao","Adieu","Au revoir",german->"ANSWER1","ANSWER2","ANSWER3"
"How are you","How feel","How do you do"->"ANSWER1","ANSWER2","ANSWER3"
"Wie geht","Wie fühlst","Wie ist es ergangen"->"ANSWER1","ANSWER2","ANSWER3"
"your name","who are you","who art thou"->"ANSWER1","ANSWER2","ANSWER3"
"dein name","wer bist du","wer seid ihr","wie heißt"->"ANSWER1","ANSWER2","ANSWER3"

--Catching typical NPC phrases 

"what sell","what buy","list wares","price of"->"ANSWER1","ANSWER2","ANSWER3"
"was verkauf","was kauf","warenliste","preis von"->"ANSWER1","ANSWER2","ANSWER3"
"tell something"->"ANSWER1","ANSWER2","ANSWER3"
"erzähl was","erzähl etwas"->"ANSWER1","ANSWER2","ANSWER3"

--Small talk: The talk here should focus on possible questions. Feel free to add more!

"PROFESSION"->"ANSWER1","ANSWER2","ANSWER3"
"BERUF"->"ANSWER1","ANSWER2","ANSWER3"
"LOCATION"->"ANSWER1","ANSWER2","ANSWER3"
"ORT"->"ANSWER1","ANSWER2","ANSWER3"

--Tool hints

"TOOL",queststatus=0->"HINT ON QUEST"
"WERKZEUG",queststatus=0->"HINT ON QUEST"
"TOOL"->"HINTS ON WHERE TO GET ADDITIONAL TOOLS"
"WERKZEUG"->"HINTS ON WHERE TO GET ADDITIONAL TOOLS"

--1st quest: Take a tool and gather 10 raw materials for 40cp.

"quest",queststatus=0,english->"GIVE QUEST MESSAGE",item(1337,1,399,0),queststatus=1 --replace 1337 with ToolID
"quest",queststatus=0,german->"GIVE QUEST MESSAGE",item(1337,1,399,0),queststatus=1 --replace 1337 with ToolID
"task","adventure",queststatus=0->"GIVE QUEST MESSAGE",item(1337,1,399,0),queststatus=1 --replace 1337 with ToolID
"Auftrag","Aufgabe","Abenteuer",queststatus=0->"GIVE QUEST MESSAGE",item(1337,1,399,0),queststatus=1 --replace 1337 with ToolID

"quest",queststatus=1,english->"REPEAT QUEST MESSAGE"
"quest",queststatus=1,german->"REPEAT QUEST MESSAGE"
"task","adventure",queststatus=1->"REPEAT QUEST MESSAGE"
"Auftrag","Aufgabe","Abenteuer",queststatus=1->"REPEAT QUEST MESSAGE"

".+",queststatus=1,item(1337,all)>9,german->"QUEST SOLVED",deleteitem(1337,10),money+40,queststatus=2 --replace 1337 with Item 1 ID
".+",queststatus=1,item(1337,all)>9,english->"QUEST SOLVED",deleteitem(1337,10),money+40,queststatus=2 --replace 1337 with Item 1 ID
".+",queststatus=1,item(1337,all)<10,german->"QUEST NOT SOLVED" --replace 1337 with Item 1 ID
".+",queststatus=1,item(1337,all)<10,english->"QUEST NOT SOLVED" --replace 1337 with Item 1 ID

--2nd quest: Gather 20 different raw materials for 80cp.

"quest",queststatus=2,english->"GIVE QUEST MESSAGE",queststatus=3
"quest",queststatus=2,german->"GIVE QUEST MESSAGE",queststatus=3
"task","adventure",queststatus=2->"GIVE QUEST MESSAGE",queststatus=3
"Auftrag","Aufgabe","Abenteuer",queststatus=2->"GIVE QUEST MESSAGE",queststatus=3

"quest",queststatus=3,english->"REPEAT QUEST MESSAGE"
"quest",queststatus=3,german->"REPEAT QUEST MESSAGE"
"task","adventure",queststatus=3->"REPEAT QUEST MESSAGE"
"Auftrag","Aufgabe","Abenteuer",queststatus=3->"REPEAT QUEST MESSAGE"

".+",queststatus=3,item(1337,all)>19,german->"QUEST SOLVED",deleteitem(1337,20),money+80,queststatus=4 --replace 1337 with Item 2 ID
".+",queststatus=3,item(1337,all)>19,english->"QUEST SOLVED",deleteitem(1337,20),money+80,queststatus=4 --replace 1337 with Item 2 ID
".+",queststatus=3,item(1337,all)<20,german->"QUEST NOT SOLVED" --replace 1337 with Item 2 ID
".+",queststatus=3,item(1337,all)<20,english->"QUEST NOT SOLVED" --replace 1337 with Item 2 ID

--3rd quest: Gather 5 rare raw materials for 100cp.

"quest",queststatus=4,english->"GIVE QUEST MESSAGE",queststatus=5
"quest",queststatus=4,german->"GIVE QUEST MESSAGE",queststatus=5
"task","adventure",queststatus=4->"GIVE QUEST MESSAGE",queststatus=5
"Auftrag","Aufgabe","Abenteuer",queststatus=4->"GIVE QUEST MESSAGE",queststatus=5

"quest",queststatus=5,english->"REPEAT QUEST MESSAGE"
"quest",queststatus=5,german->"REPEAT QUEST MESSAGE"
"task","adventure",queststatus=5->"REPEAT QUEST MESSAGE"
"Auftrag","Aufgabe","Abenteuer",queststatus=5->"REPEAT QUEST MESSAGE"

".+",queststatus=3,item(1337,all)>4,german->"QUEST SOLVED",deleteitem(1337,5),money+100,queststatus=6 --replace 1337 with Item 3 ID
".+",queststatus=3,item(1337,all)>4,english->"QUEST SOLVED",deleteitem(1337,5),money+100,queststatus=6 --replace 1337 with Item 3 ID
".+",queststatus=3,item(1337,all)<5,german->"QUEST NOT SOLVED"
".+",queststatus=3,item(1337,all)<5,english->"QUEST NOT SOLVED"

--4th quest: Gather 10 raw materials from a totally different location for 200cp. Link to other quest. Hint how to get there.

"quest",queststatus=6,english->"GIVE QUEST MESSAGE",queststatus=7
"quest",queststatus=6,german->"GIVE QUEST MESSAGE",queststatus=7
"task","adventure",queststatus=6->"GIVE QUEST MESSAGE",queststatus=7
"Auftrag","Aufgabe","Abenteuer",queststatus=6->"GIVE QUEST MESSAGE",queststatus=7

"quest",queststatus=7,english->"REPEAT QUEST MESSAGE"
"quest",queststatus=7,german->"REPEAT QUEST MESSAGE"
"task","adventure",queststatus=7->"REPEAT QUEST MESSAGE"
"Auftrag","Aufgabe","Abenteuer",queststatus=7->"REPEAT QUEST MESSAGE"

".+",queststatus=3,item(1337,all)>9,german->"QUEST SOLVED",deleteitem(1337,10),money+200,queststatus=8 --replace 1337 with Item 4 ID
".+",queststatus=3,item(1337,all)>9,english->"QUEST SOLVED",deleteitem(1337,10),money+200,queststatus=8 --replace 1337 with Item 4 ID
".+",queststatus=3,item(1337,all)<10,german->"QUEST NOT SOLVED"
".+",queststatus=3,item(1337,all)<10,english->"QUEST NOT SOLVED"

--Final dialogue: No more quests, just nice hints

"quest",queststatus=8,english->"NO MORE QUEST" 
"quest",queststatus=8,german->"NO MORE QUEST"
"task","adventure",queststatus=8->"NO MORE QUEST"
"Auftrag","Aufgabe","Abenteuer",queststatus=8->"NO MORE QUEST"

--Last catch: Think about keyphrases the player might say and that are not caught until here

"Yes"->"ANSWER1","ANSWER2" 
"Ja"->"ANSWER1","ANSWER2" 
"No"->"ANSWER1","ANSWER2"
"Nein"->"ANSWER1","ANSWER2"

--Cycletext: Please add at least(!) five cycletext messages. The more, the better. You can use emotes (#me is green), too. 

cycletext "GERMAN","ENGLISH" 
Yours,
GM Estralis

PS: For all code junkies, ".+" means that this line is triggered by any word spoken that is not caught before.
Last edited by Estralis Seborian on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:47 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

I will take care of the butcher.
Estralis Seborian

As example, here is the herb lore NPC in a draft version. It is not much work to fill in the dialogues. So, anyone who wants to help his/her favourite game by creating a NPC?

name="Falkner" 
sex=male --male/female
race=human --human, elf, dwarf, lizard, orc,...
position=-202, -271, 0 --Falkner's Shrine 
radius=5
direction=west --North/South/West/East 
QuestID=0 --A developer will assign an ID

--Queststatus Overview

--0: No Quest taken
--1: Quest 1 taken - gather 10 raw materials for 20cp
--2: Quest 1 solved
--3: Quest 2 taken - gather 20 raw materials for 40cp
--4: Quest 2 solved
--5: Quest 3 taken - gather 5 rare raw materials for 50cp
--6: Quest 3 solved
--7: Quest 4 taken - gather 10 distant raw materials for 100cp
--8: Quest 4 solved

--Help 

"Help"->"[Game Help] This NPC is the eremite Falkner. Keyphrases: Hello, quest, sickle, herbs." 
"Hilfe"->"[Spielhilfe] Dieser NPC ist der Einsiedler Falkner. Schlüsselwörter: Hallo, Quest, Sichel, Kräuter." 

--General speech

"Hello","Greetings","Be greeted","Hail","Good day","Good morning","Good evening"->"Ah, yes, an unsettled soul. Welcome to my shrine.","Who is there! Pardon me, I am not used to visitors.","So, after all those summers, somebody comes here. I hope your intentions are good."
"Grüße","Gruß","Seid gegrüßt","Guten Tag","Guten Abend","Mahlzeit","Tach","Moin"->"Ach ja, wieder eine rastlose Seele. Willkommen an meinem Schrein.","Wer ist da! Entschuldigt, ich bin es nicht gewohnt, Besucher zu empfangen.","Nun, nach all diesen Sommern sucht wieder jemand diesen Ort auf. Ich hoffe, eure Absichten sind ehrbar."
"Hiho","Hallo","Hey","Greebas","Greebs",english"->"Ah, yes, an unsettled soul. Welcome to my shrine.","Who is there! Pardon me, I am not used to visitors.","So, after all those summers, somebody comes here. I hope your intentions are good."
"Hiho","Hallo","Hey","Greebas","Greebs",german"->"Ach ja, wieder eine rastlose Seele. Willkommen an meinem Schrein.","Wer ist da! Entschuldigt, ich bin es nicht gewohnt, Besucher zu empfangen.","Nun, nach all diesen Sommern sucht wieder jemand diesen Ort auf. Ich hoffe, eure Absichten sind ehrbar."
"Farewell","Good bye","Bye","Fare thy well"->"Ushara may guide your way.","Farewell.","While leaving, do not stomp on any seedling, will you?"
"Tschüß","Tschüss","Wiedersehen","Gehabt euch wohl"->"Möge Ushara deinen Weg begleiten.","Gehabt euch wohl.","Wenn ihr geht, mögt ihr Acht geben, nicht auf Setzlinge zu treten?"
"Ciao","Adieu","Au revoir",english->"Oldra may guide your way.","Farewell.","While leaving, do not stomp on any seedling, will you?"
"Ciao","Adieu","Au revoir",german->"Möge Oldra deinen Weg begleiten.","Gehabt euch wohl.","Wenn ihr geht, mögt ihr Acht geben, nicht auf Setzlinge zu treten?"
"How are you","How feel","How do you do"->"I feel lonely.","I'd feel much better if everyone honors the woods. Aren't those trees lovely?","I cannot complain. My trees grow and this little fellow over there just turned ten years. I remember planting him like it was yesterday."
"Wie geht","Wie fühlst","Wie ist es ergangen"->"Ich bin allein.","Es würde mir weit besser gehen, wenn ein Jeder die Wälder achten würde. Sind diese Bäume nicht wunderbar?","Ich kann mich nicht beklagen. Meine Bäume wachsen wunderbar und der kleine dort ist gerade zehn geworden. Ich erinnere mich, wie ich ihn gepflanzt habe, als wenn es gestern wäre."
"your name","who are you","who art thou"->"They used to call me Falkner when people still came here.","Falkner.","I am an old man without an use for a name. The trees and plants have their own word for me. You may call me Falkner."
"dein name","wer bist du","wer seid ihr","wie heißt"->"Sie haben mich Falkner genannt, damals, als noch von Zeit zu Zeit Leute hierher kamen.","Falkner.","Ich bin ein alter Mann, ohne Bedarf für einen Namen. Die Bäume und Pflanzen haben ihre eigene Bezeichnung für mich. Du kannst mich hingegen Falkner nennen."

--Catching typical NPC phrases 

"what sell","what buy","list wares","price of"->"Is money all that matters for you? I abstain from it since decades and never missed it a single day.","I have no use for money. So I do not trade.","I am not a trader. Maybe you want to help me in a quest?"
"was verkauf","was kauf","warenliste","preis von"->"Ist denn Gold alles, was für euch zählt? Ich entsagte ihm schon vor langer Zeit und habe es nicht an einem einzelnen Tag vermißt.","Ich brauche kein Gold, also handele ich auch nicht.","Ich bin kein Händler. Aber vielleicht kannst du mir bei einem Auftrag helfen?"
"tell something"->"Once upon a time, when the soil suffered from thirst, the people came to this place and prayed for revelation.","I did not make this place, nature did. But few honor the wonders of Ushara and Oldra.","Tales of old I never witnessed. Seldom, travellers come here to tell me about foreign lands."
"erzähl was","erzähl etwas"->"Einst, zu einer Zeit, als die es die Erde dürstete, kamen die Völker an diesem Ort zusammen und beteten um Erlösung.","Ich habe diesen Ort nicht geschaffen. Die Natur tat es. Aber nur wenige ehren die Wunder von Ushara und Oldra.","Die Legenden alter Zeiten habe ich nie erlebt. Und nur selten kommen Wanderer hierher, um aus anderen Ländern zu berichten."

--Small talk: The talk here should focus on possible questions. Feel free to add more!

"eremite","forester","ranger","gardener"->"Nature can offer much more joy to me than any place, made of cold stone.","I plant trees and watch them grow. Can you imagine anything more... relaxing?","I enjoy the silence here. A branch in the wind can sing wonderful songs."
"Einsiedler","Förster","Waldhüter","Wildhüter","Gärtner"->"Die Natur bietet mir mehr Freuden als irgendein Ort aus kaltem Stein.","Ich pflanze Bäume und bewundere, wie sie wachsen. Kann sich irgendetwas... entspannenderes vorstellen?","Ich genieße die Stille hier. Ein Ast im Winde kann ein wunderbares Lied singen."
"shrine","grove"->"Isn't this a lovely place? Most trees, I planted myself.","Honor Ushara for this site is her gift.","Welcome to the place where nature embraces you."
"Schrein","Hain"->"Ist dies nicht ein bewundernswerter Ort? Die meisten Bäume habe ich selbst gepflanzt.","Ehret Ushara, denn all dies ist ihr Geschenk.","Willkommen an dem Ort, wo die Natur dich umarmt."
"Dürre"->"Einst, zu einer Zeit, als die es die Erde dürstete, kamen die Völker an diesem Ort zusammen und beteten um Erlösung."
"drought"->"Once upon a time, when the soil suffered from thirst, the people came to this place and prayed for revelation."
"oasis"->"At the Oasis of Hope, my good friend NAME has found his peace. Maybe you want to visit him? Head north and when you reach the sea, turn east. Beware of goblins!"
"oase"->"Bei der Oase der Hoffnung hat mein guter Freund NAME seinen Frieden gefunden. Vielleicht wollt ihr ihn ja mal besuchen? Geht nach Norden, bis ihr die See erreicht. Wendet euch dann nach Osten. Vorsicht vor Goblins!"
"Ushara",german->"Ehret die Göttin!"
"Ushara",english->"Honor the goddess!"
"Oldra",german->"Oldra... I am sure I saw her one day, dancing during dawn on the grass."
"Oldra",english->"Oldra... Ich bin mir sicher, ich habe sie einst auf dem taufeuchtem Grass im Morgenlicht tanzen sehen."

--Tool hints

"sickle",queststatus=0->"With sickles, you can cut fir tree seedlings to plant new trees. If you want to help me, ask me for a task."
"Sichel",queststatus=0->"Mit einer Sichel könnt ihr Fichtensetzlinge schneiden um neue Bäume zu pflanzen. Wenn ihr mir dabei helfen wollt, fragt mich nach einem Auftrag."
"sickle"->"In case you need a new sickle, ask for NPC at LOCATION. If he is still alive after all those years we didn't meet."
"Sichel"->"Wenn du einen neue Sichel benötigst, fragt nach NPC in LOCATION. Ich hoffe, er ist nach all diesen Jahren, die wir uns nicht sahen, noch am Leben."

--1st quest: Take a tool and gather 10 raw materials for 20cp.

"quest",queststatus=0,english->"So, you want to help me and the forest? Here, take this sickle and bring me ten fir tree seedling from the trees around.",item(126,1,399,0),queststatus=1 --replace 1337 with ToolID
"quest",queststatus=0,german->"So, so, du willst mir und dem Wald also helfen? Nimm doch diese Sichel und bringe mir zehnSetzlinge von den Fichten des Hains.",item(126,1,399,0),queststatus=1 --replace 1337 with ToolID
"task","adventure",queststatus=0->"So, you want to help me and the forest? Here, take this sickle and bring me ten fir tree seedling from the trees around.",item(126,1,399,0),queststatus=1 --replace 1337 with ToolID
"Aufgabe","Auftrag","Abenteuer",queststatus=0->"So, so, du willst mir und dem Wald also helfen? Nimm doch diese Sichel und bringe mir zehn Setzlinge von den Fichten des Hains.",item(126,1,399,0),queststatus=1 --replace 1337 with ToolID

"quest",queststatus=1,english->"So, how is progress in finding ten fir tree seedlings?"
"quest",queststatus=1,german->"Und, wie kommt ihr voran mit dem Finden von zehn Fichtensetzlingen?"
"task","adventure",queststatus=1->"So, how is progress in finding ten fir tree seedlings?"
"Aufgabe","Auftrag","Abenteuer",queststatus=1->"Und, wie kommt ihr voran mit dem Finden von zehn Fichtensetzlingen?"

".+",queststatus=1,item(149,all)>9,german->"Habt besten Dank für die Fichtensetzlinge. Nehmt diese glänzenden Scheiben, ich habe keinen Bedarf an ihnen.",deleteitem(149,10),money+20,queststatus=2 --replace 1337 with Item 1 ID
".+",queststatus=1,item(149,all)>9,english->"Thank you very much for the fir tree seedlings. Here, have those shiny circles, I have no use for them.",deleteitem(149,10),money+20,queststatus=2 --replace 1337 with Item 1 ID
".+",queststatus=1,item(149,all)<10,german->"Bringt mir doch bitte die zehn Fichtensetzlinge, um die ich gebeten habe." --replace 1337 with Item 1 ID
".+",queststatus=1,item(149,all)<10,english->"Please bring me the ten fir tree seedlings I asked for." --replace 1337 with Item 1 ID

--2nd quest: Gather 20 different raw materials for 40cp. 

"quest",queststatus=2,english->"How kind of you that you want to assist me one more time. Could you gather twenty black berries, sweet gifts of Oldra?",queststatus=3
"quest",queststatus=2,german->"Wie aufmerksam, dass ihr mir ein weiteres mal helfen wollt. Könntet ihr so nett sein und zwanzig Brombeeren sammeln, süße Geschenke der Oldra?",queststatus=3
"task","adventure",queststatus=2->"How kind of you that you want to assist me one more time. Could you gather twenty black berries, sweet gifts of Oldra?",queststatus=3
"Aufgabe","Auftrag","Abenteuer",queststatus=2->"Wie aufmerksam, dass ihr mir ein weiteres mal helfen wollt. Könntet ihr so nett sein und zwanzig Brombeeren sammeln, süße Geschenke der Oldra?",queststatus=3

"quest",queststatus=3,english->"You can find the twenty black berries I ask for in the hedge over there."
"quest",queststatus=3,german->"Ihr könnt die zwanzig Brombeeren, die ich erbat, an der Hecke dort drüben finden."
"task","adventure",queststatus=3->"You can find the twenty black berries I ask for in the hedge over there."
"Aufgabe","Auftrag","Abenteuer",queststatus=3->"Ihr könnt die zwanzig Brombeeren, die ich erbat, an der Hecke dort drüben finden."

".+",queststatus=3,item(147,all)>19,german->"I am grateful for the twenty black berries you brought me. Have this small reward.",deleteitem(147,20),money+40,queststatus=4 --replace 1337 with Item 2 ID
".+",queststatus=3,item(147,all)>19,english->"Ich bin dankbar für die zwanzig Brombeeren, die ihr dargebracht habt. Nehmt diese kleine Belohnung.",deleteitem(147,20),money+40,queststatus=4 --replace 1337 with Item 2 ID
".+",queststatus=3,item(147,all)<20,german->"I see you don't have twenty black berries yet. I'd love to taste them, could you hurry?" --replace 1337 with Item 2 ID
".+",queststatus=3,item(147,all)<20,english->"Wie ich sehe, habt ihr noch keine zwanzig Brombeeren. Ich würde sie gerne kosten, könntet ihr eilen?" --replace 1337 with Item 2 ID

--3rd quest: Gather 5 rare raw materials for 50cp.

"quest",queststatus=4,english->"It is honorable that you help me and the godess. For now, I desire five birth mushrooms to spread life on the soil.",queststatus=5
"quest",queststatus=4,german->"Es ehrt euch, dass ihr mir und der Göttin erneut helfen wollt. Nun benötige ich fünf Geburtspilze, um Leben auf dem Erdboden zu sähen.",queststatus=5
"task","adventure",queststatus=4->"It is honorable that you help me and the godess. For now, I desire five birth mushrooms to spread life on the soil.",queststatus=5
"Aufgabe","Auftrag","Abenteuer",queststatus=4->"Es ehrt euch, dass ihr mir und der Göttin erneut helfen wollt. Nun benötige ich fünf Geburtspilze, um Leben auf dem Erdboden zu sähen.",queststatus=5

"quest",queststatus=5,english->"Search for the five birth mushrooms at the mushroom circles you may find close to the trees."
"quest",queststatus=5,german->"Sucht nach den fünf Geburtspilzen in den Pilskreisen, die ihr nahe der Bäume findet."
"task","adventure",queststatus=5->"Search for the five birth mushrooms at the mushroom circles you may find close to the trees."
"Aufgabe","Auftrag","Abenteuer",queststatus=5->"Sucht nach den fünf Geburtspilzen in den Pilskreisen, die ihr nahe der Bäume findet."

".+",queststatus=3,item(162,all)>4,german->"Ah, you brought the five birth mushrooms. Long did I store this reward, now it is yours.",deleteitem(162,5),money+50,queststatus=6 --replace 1337 with Item 3 ID
".+",queststatus=3,item(162,all)>4,english->"Ah, ihr habt die fünf Geburtspilze mitgebracht. Lange habe ich diese Belohnung aufbewahrt, nun ist sie euer.",deleteitem(162,5),money+50,queststatus=6 --replace 1337 with Item 3 ID
".+",queststatus=3,item(162,all)<5,german->"Schade, dass ihr die fünf Geburtspilze noch nicht bei den Pilzkreisen pflücken konntet."
".+",queststatus=3,item(162,all)<5,english->"What a pity you didn't find the time yet to pick five birth mushrooms from the mushroom circles."

--4th quest: Gather 10 raw materials from a totally different location for 100cp. Link to other quest. Hint how to get there.

"quest",queststatus=6,english->"Now I need something special. The soil here is too wet for some plants to grow. I need ten shovel of coarse sand. Please go to my old friend NAME at the Oasis of Hope and fetch some, will you?",queststatus=7
"quest",queststatus=6,german->"Nun benötige ich etwas besonderes. Der Mutterboden hier ist ein wenig zu feucht, damit gewisse Pflanzen hier wachsen können. Ich benötige zehn Schaufeln voll groben Sand. Bitte geht zu meinem alten Freund NAME zur Oase der Hoffnung und holt mir welchen.",queststatus=7
"task","adventure",queststatus=6->"Now I need something special. The soil here is too wet for some plants to grow. I need ten shovel of coarse sand. Please go to my old friend NAME at the Oasis of Hope and fetch some, will you?",queststatus=7
"Aufgabe","Auftrag","Abenteuer",queststatus=6->""Nun benötige ich etwas besonderes. Der Mutterboden hier ist ein wenig zu feucht, damit gewisse Pflanzen hier wachsen können. Ich benötige zehn Schaufeln voll groben Sand. Bitte geht zu meinem alten Freund NAME zur Oase der Hoffnung und holt mir welchen."",queststatus=7

"quest",queststatus=7,english->"Head for the Oasis of Hope in order to find ten shovels of coarse sand. You get there when you head north and turn east when you reach the sea."
"quest",queststatus=7,german->"Geht zur Oase der Offnung um zehn Schaufeln voll groben Sand zu finden. Ihr gelangt dorthin, indem ihr euch in nördlicher Richtung auf den Weg macht und euch dann östlich haltet, wenn ihr zum Meer kommt."
"task","adventure",queststatus=7->"Head for the Oasis of Hope in order to find ten shovels of coarse sand. You get there when you head north and turn east when you reach the sea."
"Aufgabe","Auftrag","Abenteuer",queststatus=7->"Geht zur Oase der Offnung um zehn Schaufeln voll groben Sand zu finden. Ihr gelangt dorthin, indem ihr euch in nördlicher Richtung auf den Weg macht und euch dann östlich haltet, wenn ihr zum Meer kommt."

".+",queststatus=3,item(726,all)>9,german->"I thank you so much for venturing to the Oasis. I hope my friend NAME is well? Here, have this reward in exchange for the coarse sand.",deleteitem(726,10),money+100,queststatus=8 --replace 1337 with Item 4 ID
".+",queststatus=3,item(726,all)>9,english->"Ich danke euch vielmals für die Reise zur Oase. Ich hoffe, meinem Freund NAME geht es gut? Hier, nehmt diese Belohnung für den groben Sand.",deleteitem(726,10),money+100,queststatus=8 --replace 1337 with Item 4 ID
".+",queststatus=3,item(726,all)<10,german->"I still need ten shovels of coarse sand. I will reward you, that's for sure."
".+",queststatus=3,item(726,all)<10,english->"Ich brauche weiterhin zehn Schaufeln voll groben Sand. Ich werde euch entlohnen, soviel ist sicher."

--Final dialogue: No more quests, just nice hints

"quest",queststatus=8,english->"There is nothing you can do for me. Just leave me alone, maybe you visit my old friend NAME at the oasis again?" 
"quest",queststatus=8,german->"Es gibt nichts, was ihr noch für mich tun könntet. Lasst mich einfach alleine, vielleicht wollt ihr meinen Freund NAME bei der Oase erneut aufsuchen?"
"task","adventure",queststatus=8->"There is nothing you can do for me. Just leave me alone, maybe you visit my old friend NAME at the oasis again?"
"Aufgabe","Auftrag","Abenteuer",queststatus=8->"Es gibt nichts, was ihr noch für mich tun könntet. Lasst mich einfach alleine, vielleicht wollt ihr meinen Freund NAME bei der Oase erneut aufsuchen?"

--Last catch: Think about keyphrases the player might say and that are not caught until here

"Yes"->"Yes?","Probably.","I thought so.","Are you sure?","Maybe."What makes you so sure about this?","Definatly.","Whatever..." 
"Ja"->"Ja?","Wahrscheinlich.","Hab ich mir gedacht.","Seid ihr sicher?","Vielleicht.","Was macht euch so sicher?","Sicherlich.","Wie auch immer..."
"No"->"No?","But on the other hand...","Well...","Maybe you reconsider about this?","Is that all you have to say about this?","I disagree."
"Nein"->"Nein?","Aber andererseits...","Nun...","Vielleicht ändert ihr eure Meinung noch einmal?","Ist das alles, was ihr dazu sagen wollt?","Ich muss widersprechen."

--Cycletext: Please add at least(!) five cycletext messages. The more, the better. You can use emotes (#me is green), too. 

cycletext "#me klopft die Erde um einen frisch gepflanzten Setzling glatt.","#me smoothes the soil around a newly planted seedling." 
cycletext "Wachst und gedeiht, meine Kinder.","Grow and prosper, my children." 
cycletext "#me streicht sachte über die Blätter eines Strauches und seufzt.","#me strokes gently the leaves of a bush and sighs." 
cycletext "#me flüstert kaum hörbar zu einer Fichte. Man kann sich einbilden, die Äste des Baumes würden antwortend im Wind rauschen.","#me whispers to a fir tree, barely audible. One could imagine the branches of the tree sough in response." 
cycletext "Waren wir längst nicht geboren, saht ihr auf alles herab. Sind wir längst gegangen, gehört euch das Land erneut.","When we weren't even born, you already beheld all. When we are long gone, the land will be yours again."
Estralis Seborian

Nobody else? I know we have many motivated players who want to help the game, what are the obstacles?

Ich kann kein englisch :arrow: Einfach auf deutsch anfangen, es findet sich sicher jemand zum Übersetzen!
Cannot write german/english :arrow: Do one language and let somebody else translate!
Cannot script :arrow: There is NO scripting required AT ALL, not even in the simple language!
I don't understand the quests :arrow: They are simple as hell; get some raw materials for money
I don't know any IDs :arrow: Those will be provided, of course
I fear I'll do something wrong :arrow: Yeah, you are: Not volunteering ;-)
It is so much work :arrow: Many dialogues are copy and paste. And count the sentences you speak while being ingame - one NPC can be done in an hour
The quests are lame :arrow: The quests are ment to be as simple as possible. Fancy quests - like Irundar or those with complex rewards and tasks - can be written, too. But the purpose of the simple NPC language was that Gobaith gets filled with NPCs and various simple static quests. Simple gathering quests for new players are never in vain
I don't understand line XYZ :arrow: Just ask me ;-)
Matron

Post by Matron »

Trying the Vanima-Lumberjack then.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Ich werds angehn das Wochenende. Ich nehm mir nen Abend Zeit...hab eh noch ein oder zwei andre NPCs im Kopf die ich gerne umsetzen werde *g*
Magdha Tiefenerz

Post by Magdha Tiefenerz »

If nobody else wants to do it I would like to give the wheat farming in Greenbriar a try. I have a weakness for the small folk. And since I have some holiday upcoming there is a good chance I can make it.
Estralis Seborian

@Kranek: Welchen NPC möchtest du machen?

I've updated the first post. Thanks to all volunteers!
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Ich nehms Angeln
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

I think the rewards are too small for some of them. The distant gathering is far too small if it is such a large distance. If its two town differences, over half their money would have gone to using the teleporter.

Also, could it be possible to turn the npc's into shopkeeper npc's? That way there is an actual -use- to them other then just becoming people who stand around doing nothing after the quest is finished?
Krest

Post by Krest »

I did the gathering quest for that Hauptmenn fellow... not a bad reward either... good work I say...
Magdha Tiefenerz

Vern Kron wrote:I think the rewards are too small for some of them. The distant gathering is far too small if it is such a large distance.
I have to agree but the rewards can be easily adjusted later on as it just involves the changing of some numbers. The main problem will be the quests and the linking of the quests, so we shoudl start with this.
Vern Kron wrote:If its two town differences, over half their money would have gone to using the teleporter.
Well, I think the main goal of this linked quests is to get to know Gobaith. Using teleporters would not aid this goal, wouldn't it?
Vern Kron wrote:Also, could it be possible to turn the npc's into shopkeeper npc's? That way there is an actual -use- to them other then just becoming people who stand around doing nothing after the quest is finished?
I think we are still aiming for trades among players, so introducing new shopkeepers isn't going into the same direction. Not every NPC has to be a shopkeeper to be useful. Most of them should "just" add to the atmosphere if nothing else. Making them quest givers even adds to their usefulness. And the NPC I'm developing isn't planned as a shopkeeper, so this means a "no" from my side anayways. :wink:
Llama

Post by Llama »

Vern Kron wrote:Also, could it be possible to turn the npc's into shopkeeper npc's? That way there is an actual -use- to them other then just becoming people who stand around doing nothing after the quest is finished?
What about making them 'advice' NPCs ? You can ask them some questions on their chosen topic and they give you answers? Like the ones in newbie island, a revision course more than anything.

Ex:

"Mining 1 (Copper mine) " would give you advice that you can dig up treasuremaps if you're skilled enough, and that there are a number of mines and that other mines may contain different items ect...
Estralis Seborian

I think the rewards are too small for some of them.
I agree and I'll update the template. Increasing the reward by a factor of two seems reasonable. So, all those who started filling in dialogues, please replace (CTRL+h in common text editors) the following strings:

money+20 :arrow: money+40
money+40 :arrow: money+80
money+50 :arrow: money+100
money+100 :arrow: money+200

Also, those who want to give out other rewards, feel free to do so unless they are are too fancy.
Also, could it be possible to turn the npc's into shopkeeper npc's?
In fact, it is not. And I see no use in this, either.
What about making them 'advice' NPCs ? You can ask them some questions on their chosen topic and they give you answers?
Yes, good point. Do it :-). The small talk section is just the right place for this. I'll add some informations about herbs and plants to "my" NPC asap.

All in all, I hope we can add eight static quests to the game soon. Currently, we have very few ingame and it is so easy to create them.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Moin,
aufgrund technischer Probleme (Heizung leck) und dem dazugehörigen Zeitaufwand (Samstag nacht bis halb 3 am löten) kam ich nich dazu. Vllt komm ich unter der Woche dazu wenigstens nen fertigen NPC abzuliefern. Small Talk etc. wird dann später hinzugefügt.
Magdha Tiefenerz

Re: Gathering Quests / Sammelquesten

@Kranek
Keine Panik! Es ist noch etwas Zeit bis zur Deadline.
Estralis Seborian wrote: Deadline for finishing the NPCs is the 1st of february.
Estralis Seborian

...and if you finish the NPC on 2nd of february, nobody will kill you. The deadline is put in place so one doesn't say "Yeah, I do an NPC" and never report back again without any result.

Doing the dialogues for "my" NPC took a couple of coffee breaks at work, maybe two hours in total. Take your time :-).

I want to add an explaination for those who are not familiar with the scripting language:

"keyword"->"Answer1","Answer2","Answer3"

This line results in the NPC saying one of the answers at random. So, you can add serveral answers to the same question or keyword. An example:

"hello"->"Hello","Be greeted","Howdy","Ahoi","Hail","Hi","Hi-dilly-ho-dilly"

This NPC would react in different ways when greeted.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Ok...wollte nur erklären woher die Verzögerung kommt, da ich letzte Woche noch so vollmundig meinte mich am Wochenende der Sache widmen zu können ;)

Eine Frage:
Wie sieht es mit der Sprachwahl aus zwecks Beleidigungen etc.?
Einer meiner angepeilten NPCs (ein betrunkener Zwerg) soll Elfische Chars anpöbeln (durch den Suff kann man ihn trotzdem vom Gegenteil überzeugen ;) ).
Wieweit darf ich da gehen in der Wortwahl? Langohr is nich wirklich ne Beleidigung...
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

".+", race=elf, english -> "G-go hump a tree'h, will'ya?"
Sounds good to me. ;)
As long as you stay in the setting everything seems fitting to me, unless you take swear words from modern times.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

@Keikun:
Yeah, thats what i meant *g*

".+", race=elf, german -> "Hau ab du blöder Baumficka du...*hic*"
Would that be ok?
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

You'd rather want to create medival sounding NPCs rather then creating a modern "gettho-kid".
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

I dont think a drunken dwarf would sound different from a drunken human. But i will think about new swear words, ok? ^^
Estralis Seborian

I've updated the template according to the discussion about the rewards. In case anybody wants to check his/her scripts for bugs, copy the text in paste it into the form, to be found here:

http://illarion.org/development/us_scripts.php

Of course, you can treat races differently. You can also use different dialogues to fit the gender:

"hello",male->"Hello Sir"
"hello",female->"Hello Lady"

or even

"hello",male,race=elf->"Hello Sir elf"
"hello",male->"Hello Sir"
"hello",female,race=elf->"Hello Lady elf"
"hello",female->"Hello Lady"
"hello"->"Hello Sir neuter"

But I recommend to have the core dialogues first, then add "fancy stuff" later on.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Hmm I just looked over it, but makes it sence that we got a ~lumberjacker~ in tol vanima?
Honestly we got a holy forest there and the elfs would never allow anyone to cut trees there so unless this npc spawns 10 angry elves on ones behind this might not a smart thing to do.
Matron

Post by Matron »

I considered the NPC to be a forester who cuts few trees to get the wood the elves might need for their buildings or carpenting or just simple cooking.
Anyway, in what I made so far the lumberjack tells the player not to chop any wood if he does not intend to fullfill the NPC's orders with it.
Estralis Seborian

Another option would be a poacher / Wilderer. btw, I wonder were all elves get their bows from when they don't cut trees ;-).

An NPC could also teach the characters NOT to cut trees that aren't ill / needed / superfluous (thus I like the forester-approach). The current elf population of Vanima - 0.5 - does not teach anything about a holy forest and most characters to be seen on Vanima farm the gnomes or mine ores.

Nobody wants to do the Silverbrand NPC? Where have all those dwarven players gone?
Lillian

Post by Lillian »

Well there isn't much to do for me right now, so I will jump in and make the Mining 1 NPC :)
Magdha Tiefenerz

Estralis Seborian wrote:And count the sentences you speak while being ingame - one NPC can be done in an hour
*cough* Well, even with the template provided - which was really a great help, thanks Estralis - it took me quite some hours to complete one NPC. The scripting language wasn't much of a problem to me but quite some work went into coming up with a story and connecting all things. I have learned quite a bit about the NPCs and how they work. So despite the work it was quite some fun. Now I can just hope that my NPC turned out the way I wanted it to be and that other players can enjoy it, too.
Estralis Seborian

Nothing to do? Bored? Do a good deed! There are still some NPCs to script, in special I miss the contribution of the proud dwarves of Silverbrand for their NPC and the noble Varshikari to do their share in making Gobaith a better place.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Ich denke ich komme der Tage jetz dazu den NPC zu schreiben. Sry for delay!