Borough X - "The Archbishopric of Troll's Bane"

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Tuatha De Oldrann

Borough X - "The Archbishopric of Troll's Bane"

Post by Tuatha De Oldrann »

The Archbishopric of Troll's Bane

Archbishop - Father Anthony Carthusiana
High Inquisitor - Tentatrice Ayx

Bishop of TrollsBane - Vacant
Priests - Vacant

Bishop of the West - Father Justin Thyme
Monks - Vacant

Bishop of the East - Father Milamber
Paladins - Vacant

Name of the town is Troll's Bane.
Last edited by Tuatha De Oldrann on Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Tuatha De Oldrann

• The West
                  • Trollsbane
                    • [list][list][list][list][list]The East
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
Last edited by Tuatha De Oldrann on Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
Tuatha De Oldrann

The Land:

Archbishopric of Trollsbane – Borough X.

1.) The Monastery remains under the Authority of Trollsbane law and a part of Trollsbane. It will be handed over to the Credii and the Church of Gobaith, who form the backbone of the new administration of the area.

2.) The Monastery shall be turned into an administrative area known as the "Archbishopric", while the names of the individual buildings can remain as they are. Following the name-change, the leader of the Archbishopric is known as the Archbishop.
a.) Father Thyme shall be named as the first Archbishop, and he pledges loyalty to the laws and social order of the Archduchy.
b.) Father Thyme, as all the future archbishops, must give a pledge of loyalty to the Archduchy of Trollsbane before he can ascend to the position. This pledge must be made in the manner specified in 2-d.
c.) The Archbishopric shall have peace to conduct it's business as they wish, as long as the pledge is respected and the pious and shall be allowed to pray on the land.
d.) The exact wording of the pledge: "I, -name- hereby swear in the name of -name-, to diligently and without desire for personal gain to perform my duties as the Archbishop. I shall shepherd the flock fairly, to be pious and respect the laws of Trollsbane. I thank the Almighty gods who have blessed me, and pray that I shall serve them well, for they are the beginning and the end, and I am a mere mortal."
e.) The Archbishop manages his own organization, and should have elections amongst the priests of the Archbishopric on set intervals. Citizenship of another town or area does not prevent a priest from becoming the Archbishop. However, only the priests and monks of the Archbishopric shall be given the right to vote or run for becoming an archbishop.
f.) The priests of the archbishopric are allowed to have their own congregations or churches, and are not forced to cooperate with each other beyond adhering to the commands of the Archbishop, and the election of the Archbishop.
g.) The archbishop has the right to sanction monks and priests for misbehavior, and to ban individuals for committing crimes or blasphemy within the Archbishopric territory.

3.) The archbishop and the archbishopric shall enjoy a status comparable to a borough with a single vote, with the exception that only those Archbishops who are citizens of Trollsbane shall be able to exercise their right to vote. Furthermore, this vote is only available in the election for the governor, and the Archbishop does not have any connection with the council of Nobles.
Julius wrote:*From now on, holders of the Archbishop title will be given a vote (1) in the council meetings over matters that deal directly with the Archbishopy. Religious council on all other matters is strongly appreciated.

Signed,
Lord Rothman
The West:
The Land of the Eldan Monastary. A monastic community dedicated to peace and meditation.

TrollsBane:
The Land west of the Workshop and North of the Seahorse. It will become the site of a communal church for the public, dedicated to "The Five".

The East:
The TrollsBane Cemetary. This is the Military wing of the Borough as it takes skill to keep the undead in their place and to train new defenders of the faith.
Last edited by Tuatha De Oldrann on Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
Tuatha De Oldrann

The Archbishop:

The Archbishop is the administrator of the Archbishopric, selected by the priests of his flock. He is in charge of the daily matters within the archbishopric and wields the highest authority on that land, with the right to sanction and ban criminals and blasphemers from the Archbishopric. He has the same powers within the Archbishopric as a nobleman within his borough. If he is a citizen of Trollsbane, then he has a single vote in the elections of the Archduke (though, he is barred from being a candidate), as the representative of Divine affairs. However, the amount of his votes cannot be increased, nor does he bear any connection to the council of Nobles or have any influence there. His vote is thus never counted as one of the total votes in the Council of Nobles votes, nor is he considered a nobleman in this context. However, the position of the Archbishop should be considered as prestigious as the position of Noble.

Rights and Duties:
Archbishop – 1 vote in the Archduke elections, chosen by the monks and priests of the Archduchy. He may cast a vote only if he is a citizen of Trollsbane. Cannot become, or be candidate for the position of Archduke.

I. Be the Lord of the Land, only subject to the Archduke and the Council of Nobles. This includes immunity of prosecution from all crimes which have happened within the Borough, with the exception of crimes against other nobles, treason and murder.
II. Act as the High Judge within the borders of the Borough with crimes involving commoners (Nobles are tried by the Archduke and the council of Nobles)
III. Right to grant building permits for citizens
IV. Right to tax foreigners with buildings or estates within the Borough
V. Right to train, maintain and equip his own militia or guard to keep order within the land. The noble lord may act as the captain of the group, but the authority of him and his group only exists within the borders of the borough. Furthermore, the troops shall be subjected to the command of the Archduke when so requested.
VI. Duty of overseeing that the laws of Trollsbane and the Edicts of the Archduke are obeyed
VII. Responsibility for the development of the Borough
VIII. Follow the foreign policy set by the Archduke. This means that the noble lord may not make contracts with the representatives of any foreign third party without the consent of the Archduke.

The nobles must allow access to their land for the citizens of Trollsbane. However, they do not have to grant it to anyone who is not a citizen (or above) of Trollsbane. The must respect the owners and ownership of buildings and land, but may deny the use of tools and buildings from anyone else they see fit. The nobles may ban or allow serfdom or slavery if they see fit, however capturing slaves within the territory of Trollsbane is strictly forbidden.

Bishops:

Bishops (High Priests) are appointed by the Archbishop for life, until removed by the Archbishop. They are based on Geography, not God/Goddess followed.

Rights and Duties:
Bishops administrate sections of the Archbishopric.
1) Recruit, ordain and promote priests and monks.
2) Encourage services, monastic life and worship.
3) Mediate disputes between priests and/or monks.
4) May appoint an “Abbot” to operate a Monastery or Abbey.

Priests:
Priests are ordained by their local Bishop. Priests conduct ritual, heal the sick, comfort the afflicted and operate their own church.

Monks:
Monks are ordained by their local Bishop. Monks craft, farm, heal the sick, comfort the afflicted and reside in an Abbey or Monastary.
Tuatha De Oldrann

As of 1 Elos, Father Anthony Carthusiana is now the Archbishop of Trollsbane, as mandated by the rules of the Archbishopric, established by the Governor.

With his permission, I shall assume his post as Bishop of the West, try to recruit monks and learn the quiet life. I shall take up farming and cooking in my time in the West, and wish everyone a pleasant year.

Congratulations to our new Archbishop!

~Father Thyme

PS - I have building supplies for you Father Carthusiana. See me when you can.
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Bishop Thyme,

With a joyful heart I take up this mantle that you place upon me, in obedience and faith. The faith must be taken once more to Trollsbane, and I shall see to it that this is done with this Archbishopric. Though this is a heavy obligation, I pray that Lord Eldan shall lighten my burden.

I install you, Bishop Thyme, as Bishop of the West. You may spend your days in the peace and blessing of the Gods, performing what labours you feel neccessary. Care for the Monastary, but most of all, let it care for you - you may learn great things within those walls, even if you dare not open a book.

My blessings upon the people of Trollsbane, and upon the Church of Gobaith in this time - may the labours of both bring delight to the Gods, and to yourself.

In Eldan's Name,

Expleti A. Carthusiana, Archbishop of Trollsbane

P.S. We are in need of a new Bishop of Trollsbane, as Aldan Vian has sadly passed away. Those that feel suited to the position may apply for it via dove, if they wish to take up this heavy responsibility.
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

The Church of Gobaith is holding a meeting tomorrow, at ((18:00 GMT, Sunday)) in the Troll's Bane library. If possible, it would be pleasant if members of the Archbishopric would also go along, to show Troll's Bane's good intentions towards furthering the Church from which this borough has been built.

Also, Secti Tentatrice Ayx has been appointed Inquisitor of the Archbishopric - she is to be my personal aide, though I have the utmost trust she shall help all members of the Archbishopric in their religious labours. She is here to help maintain the Orthodoxy of all faiths, which is what we must teach. Give her your blessing, as I have mine.

In Eldan's Name,

Expleti A. Carthusiana, Archbishop of Troll's Bane